Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
O_O Dude...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BrokenWing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:51 pm
I just found a kite, that is a GIANT DOLPHIN. Of course I had to buy it, going to give it to my friend. That is just the trippiest thing I've ever seen.

(Sorry about not being very active in the guild, BTW)

Anyone else found anything odd like that?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:18 am
Once, I was shopping with my friends and we went into one of those cheesy little souvenir shops. It had some of those blocks of glass with pictures etched into them. (You know what I'm talking about, right? They come with a light to put under them, and they look like they're glowing different colours, and they often look ridiculous.) Anyway, we were looking at them (because we were bored), and there was one with a bunch of dolphins in outer space, surrounding the earth. I nearly died laughing. I would have bought it, but it was ridiculously overpriced (as most things in souvenir shops are) and I would have never used it, anyway.  

wingnut the improbable

BrokenWing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:02 pm
We're gonna fly it at my friend's birthday party, I wanna see if any guide fans see it and freak out.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:13 pm
Well, I haven't seen anything in shops, but the other day in Spanish class, while we were looking at questions that might come up on our speaking exam, one was "Ask for a towel". I squeed, the class stared, and I discovered my teacher was a Guide fanatic. All in all, a good day! 3nodding  

Starlit Jewel

Super Radical

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:15 pm
Your teacher is a Guide Fanatic D=
LUCKY!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:47 pm
My core teacher is a guide fanatic too....actually, a Long time ago...(last year) I had fineshed the second in the Dirk Gently Sieries and I asked him if he had the thierd one.

"Arg...actually I was waiting for it to come out and then the jerk DIED...arg..."  

fourtysecondscarf

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:38 pm
darkmariel
My core teacher is a guide fanatic too....actually, a Long time ago...(last year) I had fineshed the second in the Dirk Gently Sieries and I asked him if he had the thierd one.

"Arg...actually I was waiting for it to come out and then the jerk DIED...arg..."

Yesh...tragic. But the unfinished portion of it is included in The Salmon of Doubt.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:46 pm
A GIANT DOLPHIN KITE!!?!!???  

JamPants!

gwyn_sully

Gracious Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:51 pm
Aherm. I beilieve that you meant to say that the kite was the HOOPIEST thing you had ever seen. Just a thought. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:26 pm
gwyn_sully
Aherm. I beilieve that you meant to say that the kite was the HOOPIEST thing you had ever seen. Just a thought. 3nodding
No, "hoopy" does not mean trippy. Hoopy has many connotations, but one of them is not surreal or hallucinatory. mrgreen OMIGAAAWD! Mr. Green! He looks like The Thing! We just need to remove his eyes! Oh, yeah. My math teacher told us that an important bit of info should be starred 42 time in our notes. I was very happy.  

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

phlipp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:20 am
Lullabee
gwyn_sully
No, "hoopy" does not mean trippy. Hoopy has many connotations, but one of them is not surreal or hallucinatory. mrgreen OMIGAAAWD! Mr. Green! He looks like The Thing! We just need to remove his eyes! Oh, yeah. My math teacher told us that an important bit of info should be starred 42 time in our notes. I was very happy.
what thing?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:04 pm
phlipp
Lullabee
gwyn_sully
what thing?
The mascoty thing that's on the cover of some editions of the books: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:41 am
Cosmic Cutie  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:50 pm
Whenever I see something with the number 42 I instantly think of HHGTTG.

And once I met a guy who worked in a nearby Sun Coast who was a Hitchhiker's fan. We had an awesome chat about our favorite characters, and he even tried to get me a Marvin plushie (but they were all sold out in every store gonk ).

Nuxill

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games