Welcome to Gaia! ::

ToS Friendly Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

ToS friendly Yaoi Rp'ing and other forums. 

Tags: roleplaying, friendly, writing, entertainment, yaoi 

Reply ToS Friendly Yaoi Guild
The Yaoi Guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YamiKreuz
Crew

Elder

7,700 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:52 pm
Hey guys, this is the Captain from The Yaoi Guild.

Just wanted to post, so that all of you could read, the PM that was sent to me regarding the closing of the Guild. I will be writing up a reply to the GM that closed the Guild. I am going to include a lot information regarding our rules and what not-- but I need everyone's help who would RP there. I need you guys to post here and talk about your experiances within the Guild. Positive, Negative, how you have helped keep the Guild clean, or problems that you have seen keeping the Guild clean.

Points I will be making:
    Most of our Forums were closed due to them; needing to be reviewed.
    We have very few active moderators which is why some threads were taking awhile to get to.
    The Main page was being reviewed regularly. Recent thread deletions prove that request for Yaoi or other PG13+ material was being removed as timely as possible.
    The RP Forum was heavily regulated by the community (this is where I REALLY need your guys testimonies on how you all HELP keep the Guild RPs clean and orderly)

And I will add more as it comes to me. Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated. I will be posting my message here, and editing it so you guys can check up on where I am so far. I want this to be transparent and inclusive; after all, it is all you that have given life to the Guild.

Thanks for your help everyone!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:53 pm
Update as of 6/6/13

Posted thread.  

YamiKreuz
Crew

Elder

7,700 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

YamiKreuz
Crew

Elder

7,700 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:01 pm
User Image
Flameinexile
Hello,

This is an official warning from Gaia Online for requesting/distributing Sexually Explicit Material.

Your guild has been disabled as it encourages the posting of Yaoi and the encouragement / tagging of the guild as a place to post shounen ai. Discussions of shotacon were also located and have been present for more than six months without any moderation by your guild staff. Any reference to ****** in a way which is not a discussion of news or from an “academic” angle on Gaia is strictly prohibited. Posting anything which encourages underaged sexuality- including but not limited to shotacon, lolicon, etc, is absolutely not acceptable.

Additionally, there were picture posts made in 2010 with explicit nudity which were not removed by yourself or your moderators.

Posting, requesting, distributing, offering, or linking to sexually explicit material anywhere on Gaia Online (including, but not limited to, private messages, the forums, profiles, Towns, Games, and Arenas) is not permitted. Sexually explicit material includes content such as explicit photographs, text, artwork, video or cybersex conversations.

Please be aware that continuing this behavior could potentially result in further actions being taken, up to and including a permanent account ban.

We appreciate your understanding as we try to keep Gaia a safe, fun place for all members!

Flameinexile
Gaia Online Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:54 am
I know that I never saw any of what is being said in there. I have been in the guild for four years now and I have always had a very positive and CLEAN environment. I never saw any shotacon or lolicon because there was nothing ever above pg-13 in the guild. Our crew was a bit slow and tended not to be one but when they were on they were trying their best to make sure things were running smoothly. In the RP forum it was really a community effort of everyone's part to keep it clean, and we did, also a lot of the other forums were closed. This includes the picture Forum which was being cleaned out of anything inappropriate!

No one ever encouraged the posting of yaoi and Shounen AI is simply kissing and hand holding :/ Shounen Ai is ROMANCE not anything explicit so if that is against the rules than you just need to ban all gaia Yaoi guilds.

Shounen Ai is just the origional term for boy's love and so far as I know romance between people under the age of 18 is not illegal in any for until it reaches a sexual state.

Shounen-ai is an obsolete term. Shounen-ai refers to stories about strong relationships between pubescent or pre-pubescent boys. The stories featured angsty, poetic, platonic or romantic relationships. It is used only to point to shoujo manga written in the 70's and early 80's by authors such as Hagio Moto, Takemiya Keiko, etc. (Titles such as Gymnasium in November, Heart of Thomas, and Song of Wind and Trees.) Shounen-ai is no longer written, ceased to exist as a sub-category of shoujo long ago, and this term has long since fallen into disuse. Later stories with male/male relationships are termed yaoi, tanbi, june, or boys' love.

Just because the guild is called the "Yaoi guild" and say's shounen Ai is allowed we were still told VERY clearly that there was to be NO CYBERING OF ANY KIND. There was no support of either subject in a sexual manner only in a story and romance manner.

((I hope it's okay that I posted this in here already.))  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

RosesandBlood
Crew

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:43 pm
It was to my understanding anything past page 5 had not been touched in months to a year. All of the guild members censored each other. If a thread was breaking the regularly updated rules, they updated as needed month to month or so, we warned them and/or told our own moderators. All locked threads were kept so or deleted unless they were fixed. As well as any naught or sexual bits being skipped or just omitted as a whole. No one offered to go elsewhere because it was illegal in the guild to do so. The guild was strictly PG-13. If pictures were too bad you were told to take them down or they were deleted by the mods.

We highly respected the guild mods and did what they asked or were banned and threads deleted.

The guild had several warnings all over about how it was a guild about 'YAOI' men's love. However, cybering and such was prohibited as well as offering to even leave gaia to continue was against the rules. As far as my activity went on one I played with did so. If we got a little out of hand it was censored. And if the other didn't approve, it was censored more, or again, omitted completely.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:07 am
The Yaoi guild didn't have any of that since the mods and the owner made sure of that. No one put things above pg 13 since that is the rules and everyone helped each other to remember that alerting crew as well as those that were possibly showing signs of not obeying the rules in the guild be it brackets for the role plays or anything else. But most of the forums were closed off because they were being cleaned out so that they could be used again. It was always of the utmost importance to obey Gaia toss and the guild rules as well. Everyone in the guild respected each other and the rules as I said and we enjoy role playing male love in a safe place without cybering.  

Skylar Atherley
Crew

Mute Black Sheep
Vice Captain

Wheezing Grabber

13,300 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:21 pm
Though there were moderators that were not very active, the ones who were there we were like the neighborhood watch. We'd check out other rps and if they were doing something that was against the TOS, we would either inform them or notify a moderator that we knew was active. We kept everything clean, he made sure everybody knew the rules and informed them if they didn't. There are some guilds that get away with cybering, but we at the Yaoi guild knew better than that. We followed the rules and made sure that other did as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:00 pm
The Yaoi Guild was a wonderful place for me to role play. I saw many a RP locked by moderators at the hint of rules being broken, be the threads posted incorrectly or having rules that didn't coincide with gaia's TOS. Even roleplays further-on that went too far explicitly were locked. Many of those who roleplayed there were knowledgeable of Gaia's rules, and let moderators know when such rules were broken, seeing as the Yaoi guild was (and still would be) quite popular and bursting with members.

Rules were posted clearly on every section of the Yaoi guild, though the only bracket I frequented was the RP section myself, I did glimpse at a few other spots when first joining.

"Your guild has been disabled as it encourages the posting of Yaoi and the encouragement / tagging of the guild as a place to post shounen ai." <-- This is probably what bothers me the most. Because it encourages Yaoi and shounen ai? What is wrong with gay romance, so long as it does not break Gaia's PG-13 rules? You might as well ban Romance RP all together if you're going to start off your warning like that.

I, personally, didn't see much shotacon RPs besides a few that got locked.

If The Yaoi Guild isn't brought back, It'll be quite sorely missing in the large and friendly community I found there. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say one of the few reasons I still come to gaia (dispite being far older than 13 at this point) is because of the friends and RP partners I made in The Yaoi guild, and the time I spent RPing with them.  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Skylar Atherley
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:18 pm
Cissnei_X_Tseng
The Yaoi guild didn't have any of that since the mods and the owner made sure of that. No one put things above pg 13 since that is the rules and everyone helped each other to remember that alerting crew as well as those that were possibly showing signs of not obeying the rules in the guild be it brackets for the role plays or anything else. But most of the forums were closed off because they were being cleaned out so that they could be used again. It was always of the utmost importance to obey Gaia toss and the guild rules as well. Everyone in the guild respected each other and the rules as I said and we enjoy role playing male love in a safe place without cybering.

The Yaoi Guild was the one place that I could go to safely role play in a place that there was no cybering allowed because I don't care for that sort of thing. I'm strictly PG 13 which is great considering it was what was allowed until the guild was taken down.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:30 pm
Hey guys, just letting ya know I got hacked. *is Yami...  

vicemaer

ToS Friendly Yaoi Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff