Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
A first in a family Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you come from a family line of mages?
  yes
  no
  I don't know
View Results

Gohlico

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:15 am
I recently found out that I'm the first and only praticing occultist in my family. I'm grateful that my family isn't narrow-minded towards these kind of things. In fact, I'm proud of the fact that I'm the only magus in my family history. When I get married, I'll leave a legacy of producing a line of mages in my family tree just like the occult families in old times.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:40 pm
Good luck in your journies! This a perfect example of how the occult doesn't travel in someone's family. It can, but not always. Some people have argued that 'natural' or 'family' witches and mages are somehow better, but I've never seen any proof of that. What kinds of things do you do as a magus, Gohlico?  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Gohlico

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:18 pm
I practice Hermetics, chaos magic, psychism, divination and some oriental spiritual techniques. I've already had success with my practice. I was also born with a third eye.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:28 pm
Gohlico
I recently found out that I'm the first and only praticing occultist in my family. I'm grateful that my family isn't narrow-minded towards these kind of things. In fact, I'm proud of the fact that I'm the only magus in my family history. When I get married, I'll leave a legacy of producing a line of mages in my family tree just like the occult families in old times.

What if your children do not believe, or are against your philosophies due to the discriminations of others? How would you handle that?  

MissTaliszanna

Gohlico

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:33 pm
MissTaliszanna
Gohlico

What if your children do not believe, or are against your philosophies due to the discriminations of others? How would you handle that?

They're my kids and it's their decision. However, they can't deny the fact that they're from my flesh and blood. In every generation, there'll always be someone who'll continue my legacy.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:35 am
While they will carry your genes, they might not carry on the pratice of dabbling in the occult. It is, when you get right down to it, their choice.

I refuse to force my kids to any one religion because that is what my parents have done to me. I am still a "catholic" in their eyes. (I think my mother finally accpets I'm not catholic, but she would die if she knew I wasnt even chrisitian- well, that or kill me).  

Silver Mist

the_wanderer99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:36 pm
Its the same here. If my family found out that I don't mean the prayers in church, they'd try to lock me in a white room with a straight jacket. However, though Im the first in my bloodline to to be a non-christian occultist, my mothers side of the family has a couple of christians who dabble with magik under another name. My great grandmother, who sadly passed away before I learned this, had full-fledged astral sight (the whole I see dead people), and my great aunt believes shes otherkin, though she doesnt have the word for it. In closer relation to me, my grandfather is a psi-vamp, though he thinks he helps the person he leeches from (still tring to figure that out...), and my grandmother, mother, aunt, and uncle all do a bit of psionics/reiki. In fact, my mother even calls it reiki. So though im the first to fully accept magik, I can't really say im the first to practice it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:34 am
Another advantage for me is that I live in the Philippines, a country were strange stuff including magick is part of culture. Even most non-magickal city-dwellers believe in and see creatures like vampires, nature spirits and even UFOs. There are even a lot of people here who possess the third eye. My country is a hotbed of supernatural activity. As a magician and fortune-teller I fit in very nicely.

And as for my kids and my descendants, I know that there'll be at least someone in my family line who'll carry on my magick legacy. Don't ask me, I just know it. There's no need for me to force my beliefs and practices on them.  

Gohlico

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:47 am
I'm also the first in my family, but unfortunatly, I come from a highly religious, close minded family. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:05 pm
im with the above, my family on both sides are closeminded religious freaks, theyve allready sent me to a mental clinic, and 2 psych wards to get me out of it, but theyre more open to it now, thankfully  

Secret Of The Moon

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:53 pm
Wow. Even my family isn't that crazy. But then again, they don't really know about my religious beliefs, at least in detail.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:22 am
Gohlico
I practice Hermetics, chaos magic, psychism, divination and some oriental spiritual techniques. I've already had success with my practice. I was also born with a third eye.

a third eye?
care to elaborate?

Guyjiin

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:32 am
Likewise, I'm kind of the first in my family too, although my sister is/was into Tarot and divination, and my mother seems to have some sort of fascination with kitschy-witchy things. XD

Ideally, I'd like to have begun a line of occultists, but I don't see that as very likely, nor terribly desirable. I don't want my firstborn causing my eyes to rot because I wouldn't let him go to a concert. :/  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:50 pm
I'm the first in my family that I know of, but I do plan on raising my children as Wiccans and around the Occult. I will, of course, give them the option to go to church and look into other religions if they so choose.  

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

Loagaeth

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:35 pm
As far as I know, I'm the first in my family to get into the occult. My whole family that I know is very religious, and my mom is just an atheist. In the far past there may have been someone who was into the occult, but none of my relatives that I have ever met bear that interest.  
The Café (General Chat)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff