Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Summer Event...Winner or Loser?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:50 am
Personally, I have enough 'pets' that I have to take care of daily, that lag and then crash my computer (the fish tank). If I leave the tank open for more than just a couple of minutes, my browser shuts down.

I think it's flash games that my system doesn't like. I have trouble in zOMG as well. Either serious lag, crashing the system, or Flash crashing.

This event is all flash (Towns 2), and if I am really lucky, I can have a window open for about 15 minutes before the 'not responding' freeze up, and crash.
I am going to try to get the first achievement, but don't think I can handle rebooting every 10 minutes to get any more.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:31 pm
Spent the whole day today, rebooting 3 times, and logging out & closing my browser multiple times, just to get the first of 2 achievements for this event.
Do believe I"m done. Can't picture doing this 4 more times for one achievement.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:11 am
So, I got sucked in again...on my 2nd fluff. We'll see if I can get to 5. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:49 am
On my third fluff. Will stop, either at 5, or when the event ends next week, whichever happens first. gonk  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:44 am
Got done with 5 fluffs. Not doing any more.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:45 am
Now, I'll have time to get back to my beading! wink  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:03 am
I stopped bothering with the events years ago. My desktop is a pain to use, and my netbook isn't well suited to some things without a mouse, and I can't use a mouse due to the nonfunctioning USB ports.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:23 am
entervixen
I stopped bothering with the events years ago. My desktop is a pain to use, and my netbook isn't well suited to some things without a mouse, and I can't use a mouse due to the nonfunctioning USB ports.
I understand that! I had a wireless mouse that I loved, but it quit working (battery is new, it just doesn't work any more), I'd forgotten just how big a pain a cord was - always in the way, or too short, or the mouse falling off the desk when I try to type, etc,,,  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces