Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Character Profiles
A D A R N A

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rolly Polly Holly

Wheezing Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 am
User Image

INSPIRATION
                                                            The Filipino Legend "Ibong Adarna"
                                                            GENRE
                                                            Romance / Drama / High school
                                                            STORY
                                                            Holly.Oreo.Whore
                                                            STATUS
                                                            Under construction / Do Not Post
                                                            LINKS
                                                            ic&ooc threads

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:50 am
The Adarna

User Image
                                                тнe вɑsics
                                                Name: Jocelyn Irene Adarna
                                                Born Under These Stars: July 13th
                                                Study My Anatomy: Female
                                                Catch My Eye: Heterosexual

тнe ʟɑyeʀs
                                                Spicy foods
                                                Foreign foods
                                                Peace and quiet
                                                Tea for soothing a cold
                                                Collared shirts

Dislikes: Being misunderstood
                                                Taking things for granted
                                                Nosy people
                                                Bread going moldy
                                                Being splashed by mud puddles

Fears:Dark waters
                                                Most birds
                                                Forgetting my lines

Under My Skin: When I moved with my family and came here, everyone was talking non-stop about how distant and stuck-up I was, and now they are saying that I am fierce and mysterious. But I am none of these things, I am simply me. It is hard to talk to new people in a new country, so I am a little shy, but also I just do not care too much if these people are my friends or not. I still have friends from home that I keep in touch with, and that is good enough. When I am on the stage though, totally different girl. I feel so energized, and I am told that it is that moment when I really shine through. I give performing all that I've got, and work hard at my hobbies and my schooling. When people come to me with their rumors, I just shrug them off, because the silly jealous things other people think about do not matter to me, for I will be gone soon enough.
                                                Pages of Life: Both of my parents are from the Philippines, but my mother does not look like it. Her skin is pale and her eyes more round, but she was born here just the same as my father and I. Growing up I learned to speak both Tagalog and English, so when we moved across the ocean for new job opportunities for my parents, it was not too difficult for us. I took some dancing and singing lessons as a child, as much as my parents could afford, but performances were few and far between. I hope that this new school play will be a great joy to be in, and that maybe it will change people's minds about me.
                                                Other than that though, I find the classes here to be very different from my education back home. I often send e-mails to my friends to tell them the new things I learn, as there is much new knowledge to me.

тнe ɪcɪɴg
                                                My Dance: Dig a Little Deeper
                                                FYI: I suppose if you asked what clothing style I like best, I would not be able to choose. I like many fashion styles, and mine change from week to week.

тнe heɑʀt ɑɴɖ soυʟ
                                                    Cadenza of the Heart

Rolly Polly Holly

Wheezing Star

Rolly Polly Holly

Wheezing Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:53 am
The King

User Image
                                                тнe вɑsics
                                                Name: Matthew "Matty" Gray
                                                Born Under These Stars: March 17th
                                                Study My Anatomy: Male

тнe ʟɑyeʀs
                                                Science
                                                Music
                                                Guitar
                                                Singing
                                                Hot Chocolate
                                                Acting

Dislikes:
                                                Windy weather
                                                Snakes
                                                Rude people
                                                Bad drivers
                                                Coffee in general
                                                Slow texters
                                                Sports
                                                Bandaids
                                                The color green
                                                Not being able to sleep

Fears:
                                                Failing
                                                Clowns
                                                Heights

Under My Skin: I'm a nice guy. I hate being mean to others, so I try not to be. Unless it's my friends of course, but I'm sarcastic about it, I don't purposely try and offend them. If I think rude thoughts, I don't make them vocal, just so I don't hurt anyones feelings. I'm always looking out for others, putting their needs before my own. I like to think I'm romantic, but I don't know since I've never had a girlfriend. I'm intelligent, so that makes me seem "nerdy", it's no wonder I'm still single.
                                                Pages of Life: I grew up with a great family. I was the middle child, my brother Adam being the oldest at 20 and my sister, Brynn being the youngest at 15. We've been really close all our lives and my brother and I are always looking out for Brynn. I've always taken more interest in education rather than sports, even when I was younger. It just seemed more interesting than playing a bunch of stupid games with a bunch of jocks who hated you anyways. I also didn't have a lot of friends growing up, but now I have a really close knit group of three friends, who always try and look out for me, maybe a little too much...

тнe ɪcɪɴg
                                                My Dance: Howlin' For You by The Black Keys
                                                FYI: I actually do have one tattoo, a ying yang symbol on my shoulder blade, the only one I will ever get.

тнe heɑʀt ɑɴɖ soυʟ
                                                    Flawless Fire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:58 am
The Wise WoMan  

Rolly Polly Holly

Wheezing Star

Rolly Polly Holly

Wheezing Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:17 am
The First Son

User Image
                                                тнe вɑsics
                                                Name: Nagawasa, Akira
                                                Born Under These Stars: August Twenty Second

тнe ʟɑyeʀs
                                                ★ Lightsabers
                                                ★ Rock music
                                                ★ Swimming
                                                ★ Foil
                                                ★ Most video games
                                                ★ Flip-flops
                                                ★ Beluga whales.

Dislikes:
                                                ★ Sweet food that isn't Asian
                                                ★ Noses
                                                ★ RTS games
                                                ★ Poorly written plots (movies, games, books, anything really)
                                                ★ History class
                                                ★ Broadway shows
                                                ★ Litter-bugs

Fears:
                                                ★ Chucky
                                                ★ Shoes
                                                ★ Beluga extinction
                                                ★ Athazagoraphobia: the fear of being ignored or forgotten.

Under My Skin: Akira's always been an oddball dancing to the beat of his own drum... the loud, crazy oddball who everyone just knew would turn in to a criminal or the next Einstein when he grew up. Naturally curious, invasive and outspoken he always lands himself in trouble not just with authority figures, but with his peers.
                                                He's a hyper ball of energy who, to the horror of his teachers, excels at nearly everything they throw at him despite his unconventional methods, disinterest, constant naps or non-stop complaining. The worst part is, he knows how intelligent he is, and he never fails to rub it in peoples faces.
                                                Akira is obnoxious to most, earning him an irrevocable status as an 'outcast', but for the few who can stand him for more than ten seconds, they find many good qualities laced in to his odd behaviour. He is honest, loyal, supportive and willing to break all rules (not made by him, of course) for the people he cares for. A dive-first-think-later kind of guy, he has been known to recklessly defend or pick fights for the sake of his friends.
                                                Despite his difficult and fiery personality he is oddly difficult to offend personally.
                                                For the longest time Akira has felt there is no room for love in his heart, but secretly that's credited to his inability to handle his feelings or express emotions that aren't outrage or schadenfreude. Currently his muse and passion is music.

Pages of Life: Akira was born to a middle class family on American soil. He has never been to Japan but his parents, who missed it everyday, did their best to cling to their roots. Akira's father was relocated to America for work and his mother makes homemade Japanese sweets for a living. Recently she has taken to ordering kimonos and other goods from her family for cheap then selling them to their neighbours and friends.
                                                Growing up in this environment enthralled Akira. He is very much fascinated by his heritage. At the age of seven he shaved his head and attacked the neighbours' pets with sticks to feel more like a samurai.
                                                It was an obvious omen of what was to come for the next ten years.

Unable to sit still and behave, whenever something goes wrong Akira is always the first suspect.
                                                After two years with him the teachers have pretty much given up on trying to discipline him or throw him in detention. He's allowed to do whatever he wants in class as long as he isn't too disruptive.

This year people have been saying he's mellowed out, which isn't true. They've simply been seeing less of him. Most of this free time and energy is spent on his new band. He has been very out of the loop that he hadn't even heard of Jocelyn until Ivy asked him to help them get Matty out of trouble.

тнe ɪcɪɴg
                                                My Dance: Shake It Out
                                                FYI: Akira has always had a crush on Ivy, but has done nothing to make his feelings clear. He has had no intention of doing so, but now that he's been spending all this time with her, he has no idea how long he can keep his big yap shut.

He has a distinct dislike for Natsume, avoiding her as much as possible while simultaneously trying to outdo her at every turn.

тнe heɑʀt ɑɴɖ soυʟ
                                                    Holly.Oreo.Whore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:18 am
The Second Son

User Image
                                                тнe вɑsics
                                                Name: Ivy Mae Analisse Sommers
                                                Born Under These Stars: July Fourth
                                                Study My Anatomy: Loving Female
                                                Catch My Eye: Straight as a Board!

тнe ʟɑyeʀs
                                                Swimming
                                                Animals of All Kinds
                                                Little Kids!
                                                Summer
                                                Being Outside
                                                Being Barefoot
                                                Fireworks
                                                Sappy Love Stories
                                                Playing Guitar
                                                The Ocean

Dislikes:
                                                Jerks
                                                The Cold
                                                Being Upside Down
                                                Her Sister Having Torrets
                                                Crying
                                                Anything Scary
                                                Worrying
                                                Homework
                                                Drama

Fears:
                                                Acarophobia- Fear of itching or of the insects that cause itching
                                                Achluophobia- Fear of darkness
                                                Agraphobia- Fear of sexual abuse
                                                Apotemnophobia- Fear of persons with amputations
                                                Being stung by a jellyfish

Under My Skin: Ivy Mae had a lot more positives to her personality than negatives. The girl's core is innocence. She is kind to everyone all the while she had a very quirky attitude. She always looks on the bright side of life. The things she does comes out of the blue - especially when someone is upset. She likes to do silly, cute things to make people laugh all the time. She believes that laughter is the best medicine. Sometimes, on certain days, she can be irregular and casual about everything but usually she is the one who brings the energy to a place or brightens up a room. Ivy Mae is nice and loves to give rather than receive. She is rather oblivious to the things going on around her. Especially when it comes to love. When she hears negative things about her, she feels hurt then reminds herself to smile. It's rare to see any bad emotions on her face. She bottles up the few negative opens she does have. Ivy Mae is very slow minded and a bit shelter. She doesn't get perverted things at all and they confuse her. While she usually wears a smile, sometimes she wears a dazed look or a confused look that resembles a confused puppy. She loves to learn as well, so she finds herself asking a lot of questions at really random times. Most of the questions are ones a person give the answers of 'duh' or 'you didn't know that?!'. But that is just Ivy Mae for you. She forgives and forgets a little too easily. People often tell her that she lets people walk all over her but she ignores them because she could care less. As long as others are happy, it's whatever. She does act selfish at times and she does get angry. So, she is no where near perfect. To her, life is a random, spontaneous, smiling, and energetic party. She is just like a firework on the Fourth of July.
                                                Pages of Life: Ivy Mae had a pretty normal first six years of her life. She really didn't have any really exciting or unusual things happen. Her mom was a stay at home mother and her father was the average workaholic. The little girl has set routines. During the school year she would go to school, come home, do homework, cook dinner with her mom, her dad would come home and eat, they would hang out, then they would all go to bed. In the summer she stayed home to do chores with her mom. They took care of a garden, which is probably where she developed her love for flowers and being bare foot. Then, her dad would come home and they would all cook dinner together. After they ate, they would spend time together before they would go to bed. She was raised very well in an excellent environment.

You know how we said her life was normal and unexciting? Well, that all changed when she turned six years old. That day at school, she had received of cupcake for being an excellent student with perfect attendance. She couldn't wait to tell her mommy! So, the little Ivy Mae bounced off the bus that day, went inside, and her little green orbs were met with a surprise. Both of her parents were home. She knew nothing was wrong because when they looked at her, their faces were beaming with joy. The first bit of good news was that hr father had gotten a big promotion. The next bit of good news was that her mother was pregnant! The little girl was going to be a big sister to a very lucky little boy or girl! A couple months passed and the family learned that the mom was actually going to have triplets. Nine passed came and went. Ivy Mae's mother gave birth to two boys and a little girl.

Ivy Mae is very proud of her little brothers and sister. She guards them with her life. It breaks her heart every day to look at her little sister. The girl seems normal at first. She talks like a normal person and looks beautiful. But it doesn't take long for you to learn that the girl has Turrets Syndrome. Turrets is a brain disease that makes a person twitch or move without warning. This is called a tick. The disease also makes a peron blurt out random words and only 5% can be cursing. It doesnt determine how long you live, but it stays with you your whole life. (Exact definition came from urban dictionary.) Though, she doesn't show her her pity because the girl hates pity dearly.

тнe ɪcɪɴg
                                                My Dance: Hold Me - Jamie Grace ft. Toby Mac.
                                                FYI: Ivy Mae's ears are pierced. Her left cartilage is too.

тнe heɑʀt ɑɴɖ soυʟ
                                                    Random Lullaby

Rolly Polly Holly

Wheezing Star

Rolly Polly Holly

Wheezing Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:21 am
The Third Son

User Image
                                                тнe вɑsics
                                                Name: Theodore "Teddy" Kingston
                                                Born Under These Stars: September 20th
                                                Study My Anatomy: I'm a dude, bro.
                                                Catch My Eye: Straight >.< though some think I'm gay.

тнe ʟɑyeʀs
                                                -Jokes
                                                -Laughing
                                                -Books
                                                -Movies
                                                -Pranks
                                                -Music
                                                -Instruments
                                                -Sweets
                                                -Coffee
                                                -Tea
                                                -Friends

Dislikes:
                                                -Spiders
                                                -Snakes
                                                -Stage fright
                                                -School
                                                -Mean People
                                                -Cold Coffee
                                                -Bitter Tea
                                                -Storms
                                                -Hot Weather
                                                -Sports
                                                -Jerks
                                                -D bags!!

Fears:
                                                -Being Booed off Stage
                                                -Being Alone
                                                -Failing
                                                -Falling in Love

Under My Skin: Teddy is odd, to say the least. He's a tad more feminine than other guys and he loves musicals and theater. Most of his friends are female also. His only two male friends being The King and Akira. But he likes it that way, as most people get on his nerves. Teddy can be temperamental, grumpy, lazy, and just not fun. But he has times when he's protective and nice and all that good stuff. Though, those times are rare now that Adarna waltz in and swept everyone away in his theater. Teddy doesn't hate her, she just annoys him. Ane he's even more annoyed at how his friend is head over heels for her, and he's never even spoken to her.
                                                Pages of Life: Teddy was raised by his mother and three older sisters. Therefore, he's always been around women, making the thought of him being gay that much easier to accept. Even since he was small, people always asked him why he was so girly. He loved dancing, and theater since his sister showed him guys and dolls when he was three. People told his mother his girly-ness was because he didn't have a male role model. Teddy didn't care much. He knew, compared to other people, that he was different, but he liked being raised by women because that meant no sports. When Teddy was six, he got the lead role in Peter Pan at school. He was so excited he ran all the way home, told all his sisters and stayed up extra late to tell his mother. But when show day came, his sisters were there, but their mother wasn't. From then on, Teddy became closer to his sisters than his mother.

As Teddy grew older, so did his sisters. Until he was the only one left in the house with his mother. Teddy still talked to his sisters more than his mother, but now he didn't really have anyone to come watch him preform. Besides his friends, he asks them frequently. Maybe that was how The King saw Adarna, which means it was Teddy's fault. Meaning Teddy will have to fix it.

тнe ɪcɪɴg
                                                My Dance: Young Volcanoes ~ Fall Out Boy
                                                FYI: Teddy has three infinity signs on his right wrist. They are all different colors and match one each of his sisters have.

тнe heɑʀt ɑɴɖ soυʟ
                                                    Lillith Rose 23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:25 am
The Hermit

User Image
                                                тнe вɑsics
                                                Name: Emile "Emmy" Arwen
                                                Born Under These Stars: November 8

тнe ʟɑyeʀs
                                                ♦ ice tea
                                                ♦ lollipops
                                                ♦ cloud gazing
                                                ♦ sleeping

Dislikes:
                                                ♦ sports
                                                ♦ humid weather
                                                ♦ cherries
                                                ♦ school food
                                                ♦ cigarette smoke

Fears:
                                                ♦ frogs
                                                ♦ silence
                                                ♦ being misunderstood

Under My Skin: Some people might say Emile is totally the bohemian type, but that is hardly anywhere near the truth. In fact, it's actually pretty hard to describe someone like Emile; really you can't even say he's the introverted kind. Sure, he's quiet and likes keeping to himself but it's more like... he just doesn't care? Yeah. That's probably it. No expressions, no emotions, always staring at the world through his ever listless eyes, no one can quite tell what is going on behind his blank face. But it's not as if Emile choose to behave as such purposely; it's more to the fact that he has the inability to form facial expressions. Due to this, people perceive him as being unfriendly or uninterested in conversations and thus find him hard to be around. It also leads to many misunderstanding. It doesn't help either that even if he does chooses to talk or reply or interact with the people around him, his answer are mostly monosyllabic.

His inability for facial expression aside, Emile unknowingly found other means to express himself which came in the form of his art. Though it doesn't change much however as not many can understand the meaning behind his work. But then that's where Adarna comes in, the girl who took the stage like a storm and read him like an open book. Emile is unsure what he thinks of her as of yet, but he will definitely say that she is a friend.

Pages of Life: Emile grew up in a generic middle class family with a mother and father, two older siblings, and a dog name Marbles. There were also relatives who lived out of state, and grandparents somewhere in the countryside. Perfectly normal family. Right? After all, his parents loved each other very much. Sure they argued every now and then but that was normal too. Then there was his academical ivy league smart older sister and his mister sport recommended scholarship of a jock older brother. Again. Normal. Right? Riiiiight. Oh, and we can't forget Marbles, their ever lovable furniture humping mutt. But then there was Emile, the youngest of the bunch. Where in the world did he fit in with the rest of his family? Well, truth be told, he didn't. One look from an outsider, and anyone would be able to tell immediately that Emile was definitely the odd one out.

For Emile, growing up was rather hard as he was always the cause of his parent's worry as they did not know how to deal with him. They would always wonder: why does he not get along with the other kids or why was he always alone; why was he always so quiet? Does he not have any friends? Despite being his parents, they could not understand him at all and it put quite a strain on their relationship the older he became. Even his siblings had difficulty dealing with him and they would avoid him as much as possible. Emile hated it but it wasn't as if he could express it to his parents and he did not want to cause them more worry. To cope with his situation, Emile took to drawing and painting and found that he actually had the talent for it. Thanks to his grandmother, he also came to a certain realization about his art. One day, as he was drawing on his grandparent's patio, his grandmother came up to him and said: "Such bright colors. You must be happy." And Emile was. Patting him on the head, his grandmother continued speaking, "You express yourself with your drawings instead of your words. You always project what you are thinking and feeling on these sheets of paper." Though he showed nothing on his blank face, his grandmother's words made him very happy. It also made him content to know that there was someone out there who could understand him and he hoped that there would one day be others.

тнe ɪcɪɴg
                                                My Dance: Coldplay - Viva La Vida
                                                FYI: N / A

тнe heɑʀt ɑɴɖ soυʟ
                                                    CB - anTIQUITY

Rolly Polly Holly

Wheezing Star

Rolly Polly Holly

Wheezing Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:31 am
The Scribe

User Image
                                                тнe вɑsics
                                                Name:Natsume Rei Hibberd
                                                Born Under These Stars: 8th June
                                                Study My Anatomy: Female
                                                Catch My Eye: Straight

тнe ʟɑyeʀs
                                                - Accusations
                                                - Chai Lattes
                                                - Winter
                                                - Warm clothing

Dislikes:
                                                - Boring people
                                                - Show-offs
                                                - Summer
                                                - Mainstream Music
                                                - Popularity

Fears:
                                                - Drowning
                                                - Falling in Love
                                                - Horror Games

Under My Skin: Natsume is an intellgient girl with plenty of intellect. She may come off a bland and rude at first meet and greet, although she tends to warm up after a while, that is of course, you capture her attention. Natsume is hard to please. She hates boring people and prefers not to interact with such people. It has been said that Natsume is rude, selfish and nosey. The nosey part would be correct as her interest lays in the journalist field although she tends to take the other insults quite harshly. She hates being critized, even when she knows she is in the wrong and prefers to work alone. Due to her family's strict adcedmic schedule, Natsume choses academic schoolwork over soical life which aids in her lack of friends. Natsume isn't one for friends, especially after such childhood incidents. Although it tends to have no such effect on her. As a child, Natsume was that one happy child. You know the one that was the happy, cheerful crazy? Yeah, believe it or not, that was Natsume. After a childhood incident, Natsume turned cold, teaching herself to not trust anyone including herself. She is sad, lonely and depressed. But of course, she would never tell anyone that. So don't ask.
                                                Pages of Life: Natsume was born in Japan before moving to her new home country at only months old. Her father owns a large law copany which, at the time of her birth was to be extend over to three new countries. Wanting change in their lives, and a larger acess to probable buisness CEO's, Natsume's family moved. The first 5 years of Natsume was hard. At the young age of 7 motnhs, Natsume was already walking with the aid of her several nannies. At the age of 1.2 months, Natsume began talking. Natsume's parents enrolled her into a high intellectual academic pre-school where the students were already learing grade two courses. As the years went by in the pre-school, Natsume first realised that she would never have a proper connection with her parents. Due to her father's high rating and highly demanding corporate buisness, her father was rarely home. He was taking care of his little princess' he would say to ease her mind. It never worked. In fact, only angered her more. Her mother was in the political buisness, as well as working as a lawyer. Natsume's parent's absences were replaced with the ease of nannies, maids, servants and butlers.

As Natsume entered primary school, she already had the IQ of a high school student, excelling in every subject. Her first best friend was Julia Gourden. Together, the two were the bestest of friends. Always playing, texting and just generally being happy. Although, as the two grew in age, as did Nasume's appearances. At the time, Julia had met and befriended a boy of the name of Lance. Julia began to drift away, caught up in the wind of appearances, make-up, boys and popularity. Eventually the two friends split up. Although Natsume longed for her friends approval. She didn't care for her family's approval she wanted to please Julia. One evening, Natsume visited her friend. Julia had turned into a mis understood girl who's only interest was boys and popularity. She began to hate and dispise Natsume's long for attention. She hated the fact that all the boys at the school longed for Natsume's approval. She hated her. Natsume soon went dull. That evening resulted in yelling, anger and rejection. She went home, dead and broken. Nothing would ever fix her. But perhaps, revenge. Natsume had a side to her hat wasn't exactly positive. She turned to anger and revenge. Photos were taken, rumours were started, Natsume had turned. Julia soon began to crumble under the rumours and blackmail. Julia had opened the negative side inside Natsume and it could never be closed. Natsume's moral ethnic beliefs soon turned. No longer did she want friends or to be a normal teenager, she wanted to be academic. She wanted to be like her mother, a smart, powerful woman who turned against the sterotypical woman and started her own sterotype. Natsume soon focused primarily on her studies, excelling above and beyond the subject grades.

She pleaded and begged towards her parents to let her enter a low class high school. When asked why, she said she wanted experiment and experience the living of the low class. Soon, after much of discussions, her parents agreed. She hated it as soon as she entered. She was loved by many of the boys at her appearance but was dismissed as she taught them of her cold personality. She took up the job of school newspaper reporter, in which she had no opposition to face as none where intellectually avaliable for the job. She discovered many truths, making her an anemy of the school. A majority of the girls hated her, but she didn't care. Natsume hasn't met many of the school's residents properly by name, instead locking herself away in the library for a majority of the time. Now the newspaper editor, Natsume has a gethered interest in the new girl from out of town. Surely, this mysterious girl, who Natsume is clearly interested in, must have some sort of secret she is hiding. And be sure, that Natsume will find it.

тнe ɪcɪɴg
                                                My Dance: Ain't No Rest For The Wicked - Cage The Elephant
                                                FYI: Natsume always, everywhere, carries around a small notebook in which she records everything curious or interesting she sees.

тнe heɑʀt ɑɴɖ soυʟ
                                                    Toxic Yumi

Character Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces