Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:54 pm
It had been a few days since she'd seen Luke, and quite a bit had happened since then, which meant she had quite a bit to talk to him about. Deciding that today would be a perfect day in which to do so, she'd called him to ask if he would be free to - how did they word it? - to 'hang out.' And he agreed! Absolutely ecstatic after her phone call, Nicolette quickly grabbed all her things, hurried outside to her Rapidash, and all but threw her saddle on her before the pair were off towards the park. They arrived in short order at the designated spot, and the young girl quickly cast around for her friend, not even remembering to dismount just yet in all her excitement. Ohh, she had so many things to tell him and show him!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:07 pm
Luke usually spent this time of day in the park training his pokemon, so it was no inconvenience to him to meet with the enthusiastic girl. After responding to her call, he moved closer to the central area of the park to await her arrival, easily identifying her distinctive Rapidash as it approached the vicinity. He raised a hand with a called greeting as he moved to meet her, a trio of Eeveelutions following with varying degrees of interest.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:11 pm
His voice drew her attention, and she beamed when she saw him not too far away. Epona obliged and trotted closer before she halted so her rider could dismount, and jog - read: bounce - the remaining few steps to him. "Hello Luke!" She greeted brightly, happy that he had agreed to meet her there and he'd arrived so quickly. ...wait. "How did you arrive so quickly?" The girl asked, a sudden briefly masking her previous excitement.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:13 pm
"I was already here," he replied with a shrug, smiling lightly in response to her vivacity. "I train here with my team most afternoons."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:17 pm
"But, I called you from my house," she explained with a soft frown, but it cleared quick enough. "Ohh, do you have a cell phone?" That must've been it, yes. Oh goodness, how silly of her. She didn't have one - Father said she didn't need one, after all - so it was easy to forget that some people did have them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:19 pm
"Close," he said, pulling a handheld device from his pocket and flipping it open. "It's a pokegear. It has a phone function, but it can be used for other stuff too, like radio and maps and stuff."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:38 pm
"Ohhh," she murmured, leaning over to peer at it with interest. "Oooh, a phone and maps?" That sounded... so useful, oh goodness. After a quick question of where to obtain one had been answered, she couldn't help but beam and bounce on her toes a couple times. "Oh, yes, anyway!" She'd asked to meet him to tell him about things, and she'd all but forgotten by now. "Luke, guess what, guess what! You'll never guess," the girl said excitedly, clapping her hands together once. "I asked Father if I could learn more about pokemon and he said yes!" It was so exciting.

"Oh look, look!" She practically bounced back to Epona and opened one of the saddlebags to pull out her brand new pokedex and two pokeballs to show him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:44 pm
He waited patiently as she excitedly led into her news, though an expression of mild surprise came to his features in response to her explanation. "Asked to learn about pokemon?" he repeated, certain he had misunderstood something about the words and hoping for a clarification.

The presentation of her new trainer's equipment returned his smile, "One for Epona, right? And the other one's a spare?" Perhaps she planned to try her hand at catching pokemon soon.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:53 pm
"Hm? Oh, yes, of course," she replied with a nod and a smile, not understanding why he'd repeated her. "I asked Father not long after you introduced me to Rosie," the girl explained as she put the pokedex and Epona's ball back into the bag. "He almost said no, but Mother spoke to him about it, and he said yes!" Ohh, it was terribly exciting!

What was more exciting, though, was the other ball in her hand. "No, they gave me a couple spares," she said with a shake of her head and an eager grin despite her attempts to hide it, like a child trying to hide their excitement. She pressed the center button, and the subsequent flash of white light morphed into the small form of a pokemon.

"Bun!" The Buneary called, throwing his paws in the air briefly before he began bouncing in place with his arms held close to him, occasionally shooting a paw out in a punch like some sort of tiny boxer.

"Isn't he absolutely adorable?" She asked gleefully as she knelt down to play with his ears. Even though he whined and swatted at her hands, he obviously didn't dislike the attention. "His name is Pascal. I caught him the other day!" 'Caught' meaning 'he walked over and practically collapsed in her lap, so she poked his head with an empty pokeball.'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:54 pm
Well that didn't really seem right. Grande Ile was a long ways from Kodo, and Nicolette knew what she needed much more than her father did. If she thought pokemon training was valuable enough to pursue, then who was anyone else to tell her otherwise? It sounded like it had been resolved, though, so he let it pass without further comment.

"Ah, a Buneary, huh?" Luke observed, crouching in front of the little normal-type as Rem peeked around his side in interest. "How did that go, catching your first pokemon?" As he recalled, the first pokemon he had properly caught was Leste - and he hadn't exactly caught her properly.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:00 pm
Since he didn't comment further on her explanation, she let it drop, figuring he had just misheard her or something. Either way, she beamed as the Buneary leaned over to regard the electric-type, and waved a small paw in greeting. "Buneary!"

"Yes!" She replied excitedly, clapping her hands together again gently. "Oh, it was very easy. I just pressed a pokeball to his head when he walked over to me," and almost passed out in her lap, "and that was it!"

Epona snorted lightly, bemused.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:07 pm
He laughed lightly, "I guess there are pokemon that let it go that smoothly, huh?" Leaving the Buneary to Rem, who raised her ears attentively and barked a friendly greeting, he returned to a normal standing posture to elaborate, "It's usually a bit more complicated than that. For most captures, you have to challenge them to a battle and win in a fight before you can catch them."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:18 pm
Nicolette stood back up as he did, then raised her hands to her cheeks and frowned, though it looked more like a pout than a frown. "Oh.." Oh yes, battling and fighting. She'd almost forgotten about that part. She lowered her hands to clasp them in front of her again, "Well, he seemed really tired and hurt, so I guess he might've fought something before he saw me..." She wasn't really too sure...

Pascal took Rem's greeting and countered it with a challenge. He hopped into what he deemed a proper battling stance, little paws raised and holding them menacingly, though really there was pitifully little that could make a tiny, fluffy rabbit actually look even remotely threatening. "Buneary!"

The young noble, who was completely oblivious to her new pokemon's body language, instead focused on the very familiar looking pokemon... "Didn't you have an Eevee before that looked like that?" She asked, pointing at the Jolteon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:41 pm
"Mm," he nodded, "that probably had something to do with it. Usually to catch a pokemon, you have to wear it out first - thus the battling. It's not easy to catch a pokemon that's in perfect condition." Possible, but not easy. Unless he had worn out Leste by throwing so many pokeballs at her, which was entirely plausible.

Rem regarded Pascal with intrigue. A challenge, was it? She wasn't used to fighting without her trainer's instructions yet, she explained, but she could try to get his attention if it was a battle Pascal wanted.

"This is that Eevee," Luke clarified, noting Pascal's behavior and Rem's entreating disposition. "Eevee can evolve into a bunch of different things depending on different conditions. Mieu and Tenebrae," he indicated the two pokemon sitting nearby, "also used to be Eevee." He looked to Rem again, who turned a circle in anticipation. "Do you want to see how a battle would go? Pascal looks like he's looking for a fight."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:50 pm
"Ah, okay.." Well, that did make sense, but Epona was in perfect condition, wasn't she? Though, she supposed, the Rapidash had been fully prepared to be put into the ball, so that probably had something to do with it...

He wasn't used to fighting with his trainer's commands, Pascal explained back, considering she hadn't battled anyone since catching him.

"Can they really?" She asked, eyes widening as she regarded the three pokemon he gestured to. That sounded amazing. But then again, she knew absolutely nothing about evolution whatsoever. Probably would be a good idea to look into it... Oh, oh dear. "A fight?" Ohh dear. The fingertips on both hands raised to cover her lips as she frowned thoughtfully. "Um..." Well, she did say she wanted to learn all about pokemon, and battling seemed to be a primary aspect of that... "I suppose," she replied hesitantly, then aimed a worried look at Luke. "It won't... hurt them, will it?"

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff