Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YAY?!
  WOO!
View Results

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:08 am
https://picroma.com/buycubeworld

its 20$ and if the shop isnt workin on his twitter he said he might be enabling and disabling it occasionally to check on it. but yay its finally here!

and as of now theres no way to gift it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:42 pm
I didn't get it yet, but man... game looks so beautiful.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:23 pm
I'll get it if a few other ppl do. Wanna play with my fraaaandz  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:19 pm
I don't currently have the spare time for another game, or the money to buy this, but I'm very interested what other people think of this game. Especially at this early juncture.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:55 pm
The Eleventh AK
I'll get it if a few other ppl do. Wanna play with my fraaaandz

YES. Me too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:58 pm
as it is the server software is kinda bugged, if someone leaves it crashes the server. the good news is it just puts you by yourself in the world rather than boot you out. hopefully this will get fixed in the coming days. and in the meantime, a simple .BAT script makes rebooting the server fast and easy. its very CPU intensive though, a current generation quad core of 3.8ghz does a fantastic job.

the skills are a bit limited, at the moment but it makes up for it in strategy since ranged people have to aim shots rather than just locking on and pressing mouse 1 over and over. stealth works reasonably well for the sneaky classes.

lighting is pretty realistic. when you dont have big city lights and smog to rebound light, if theres no light source you cant see s**t at midnight. thankfully you can get lanterns to see whats near you anyway. higher rarity = more light radius.

lots of regions, though of course my orld has 3 oceans right next to eachother to make 1 massive ocean biome.

bosses are incredibly tough solo in most cases. they take time but always drop something good.

weapon customization is pretty open but you can only add so much to an item before it caps out. items can also be brought up to your level so if you got a old dagger you really liked, or a great maul you turned into a meat pounder with flame spirits, you can adjust them to your new level. only once as far as i can tell.  

Xilo The Odd

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:53 pm
man already level 40, exploring is a lot more fun at high levels.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:10 am
Whoa.  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:04 pm
wollay has a DDoS problem to deal with but the minute the server bug is fixed i'll make mention of it. as it is when people leave the server it crashes it. and im not entirley sure if my comp can play the game and run a server atm. it was laggy with one friend (who's comp is garbage and im amazed cube world will actually run) but if its laggy with a few people then i'll break down and upgrade my internet. if that is indeed the cause.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:27 pm
Is there a reason it's not on Steam? I can never wrap my head around why a small developer wouldn't put their game on Steam.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:11 pm
its planned but his Ego is currently getting in the way of progress. hes got that do everything on his own mentality. Tiy offered to host his shop through chuckle fish to get started then later he was gonna go to steam with the full release.

hence since it is still an alpha, it wont be on steam.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Makes me grumpy.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:48 pm
a lot of people are upset. wollays getting DDoSd so someone else is more unhappy than u.

he does wanna take it to steam though. just when its done.  
Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games