Submit

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:52 am
This game was previously known as WarZ. It's currently on sale at their website, and is probably the computer game I play most right now.

It a nutshell, it's an open world zombie mmo survival game. You run around, kill zombies, look/scavenge for supplies and try to make it back to a safe zone alive. I love this game. While it is a pvp heavy game, there are private servers you can play on that provides a pve experience. I run one of these servers myself.

I can't explain it. I just love this game. Anyone have this game? Would love to find more people to play with. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:17 pm
Sexually Delicious
You......

..... love this game?

Oh yes, I've played it since October. I absolutely love it. I run a private server, am very active in the community, etc. It got a lot of negative hype because it's made some mistakes along the way but has since fixed them as far as I can see. Has a party system now, clan, private servers, added anticheat (which isn't perfect but none is) and I enjoy both the pve and pvp aspect of the game.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:55 am
Sexually Delicious
Meeki
Sexually Delicious
You......

..... love this game?

Oh yes, I've played it since October. I absolutely love it. I run a private server, am very active in the community, etc. It got a lot of negative hype because it's made some mistakes along the way but has since fixed them as far as I can see. Has a party system now, clan, private servers, added anticheat (which isn't perfect but none is) and I enjoy both the pve and pvp aspect of the game.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/20/the-war-z-changes-its-name-if-not-its-ways/

I don't support games with s**t developers

I did play it though, just like how I would smell something terrible my friend told me to smell. xD

To each their own, I guess.

Though that site you posted is just stupidity to be honest. They didn't change their name for a fresh start, or to get away from "negative opinions". They announced it ahead of time, their old forums redirected to the new ones, etc. They were forced to change their name because the World War Z people had their panties in a twist. In no way is the company trying to hide, nor should it.

I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long time. Invested nine months in it, so pardon me if I take my opinion of it over a few people that probably barely played it a fraction of the time. I've been there literally since day one. I've seen it progress steadily over the time. Was there to watch it grow.

I'd respect your opinion more if you actually played the game (not just try it out and leave), but it's clear that you go by websites with inaccurate information more than fact.

Hate the game all you want but this thread is for people that play it. You obviously don't. So take your negative comments elsewhere and leave my thread to those that actually play the game.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:44 pm
Sexually Delicious
I did try it out, for about 4 hours. It wasn't good.

And no matter how much you like a game, it doesn't change the fact that the developers are shitty, childish lazy douchebags that blame the consumer for their own ********.

Not saying there aren't people who enjoy it. There's nothing in this world that absolutely nobody will enjoy. I just told you why I don't play. I'm just glad I only spent $3 on it.

Four hours isn't enough time to judge this game. Imagine how it was last year without clans, parties or private servers. Without events, without a fairer marketplace, without anticheat. This game has been a constant improvement. I know several of the people on staff and most of them are really nice. There's only one person that has ever done anything you mentioned and that's Sergey Titov. If you're going to judge an entire team of people because of one guy with horrible PR skills, so be it, but that's like judging the entire Gaia Staff because of one bad admin.

I personally do not feel comfortable doing that. I judge the individual, not the team. I judge the game, not one bad developer.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:17 pm
Sexually Delicious
Meeki
Sexually Delicious

And no matter how much you like a game, it doesn't change the fact that the developers are shitty, childish lazy douchebags that blame the consumer for their own ********.

Not saying there aren't people who enjoy it. There's nothing in this world that absolutely nobody will enjoy. I just told you why I don't play. I'm just glad I only spent $3 on it.

Four hours isn't enough time to judge this game. Imagine how it was last year without clans, parties or private servers. Without events, without a fairer marketplace, without anticheat. This game has been a constant improvement. I know several of the people on staff and most of them are really nice. There's only one person that has ever done anything you mentioned and that's Sergey Titov. If you're going to judge an entire team of people because of one guy with horrible PR skills, so be it, but that's like judging the entire Gaia Staff because of one bad admin.

I personally do not feel comfortable doing that. I judge the individual, not the team. I judge the game, not one bad developer.
10 minutes isn't enough to judge a game.

4 hours is a 6th of a day I spent disappointed while playing that game, which is pretty significant seeing as I sleep for 8 of those hours and work for 7 more of them.

Day Z is better and came out first. It's the same reason so many people hate these Guitar Hero clones that come out and are aweful. Why would they copy someone blatantly and still get it so wrong?

And the PR didn't come up with the idea to completely copy/paste the terms from League of Legends. The PR didn't create the god awful combat or walking animations, the glitching-into-walls or the hacking gun-toting Rambos that run around killing lesser fortunate players. The PR did generate completely bullshit statistics to sell the game to people who liked what the game sounded like. The steam page full with features that weren't in the game to mislead people to buy, and then BLAME THE CUSTOMERS for "reading into it too much".

Disastrous.

DayZ is awful. Not only is it glitchy and you're lucky if you don't have to google search how to use the controls/interface of the game, but it's just horrible all around. It does look like it will be a lot better when standalone comes out but WarZ is definitely not a clone. Hell, that's like saying it's a clone of a clone since DayZ is just a mod of Arma II.

One of the people that worked on WarZ was also a developer for League of Legends. Granted, that doesn't mean it should have been copied, it isn't quite as nefarious as you're making it out to be. It sounds like you're getting most of your information on biased articles and steam forum troll threads than fact. I was there for all of it. At least respect that. Don't give me statistics that you read from hate-filled mongrels that were more against Hammerpoint than the actual game.

Respect that much at least. You've spewed enough negativity in this thread.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:20 pm
Sexually Delicious
Meeki
Sexually Delicious

10 minutes isn't enough to judge a game.

4 hours is a 6th of a day I spent disappointed while playing that game, which is pretty significant seeing as I sleep for 8 of those hours and work for 7 more of them.

Day Z is better and came out first. It's the same reason so many people hate these Guitar Hero clones that come out and are aweful. Why would they copy someone blatantly and still get it so wrong?

And the PR didn't come up with the idea to completely copy/paste the terms from League of Legends. The PR didn't create the god awful combat or walking animations, the glitching-into-walls or the hacking gun-toting Rambos that run around killing lesser fortunate players. The PR did generate completely bullshit statistics to sell the game to people who liked what the game sounded like. The steam page full with features that weren't in the game to mislead people to buy, and then BLAME THE CUSTOMERS for "reading into it too much".

Disastrous.

DayZ is awful. Not only is it glitchy and you're lucky if you don't have to google search how to use the controls/interface of the game, but it's just horrible all around. It does look like it will be a lot better when standalone comes out but WarZ is definitely not a clone. Hell, that's like saying it's a clone of a clone since DayZ is just a mod of Arma II.

One of the people that worked on WarZ was also a developer for League of Legends. Granted, that doesn't mean it should have been copied, it isn't quite as nefarious as you're making it out to be. It sounds like you're getting most of your information on biased articles and steam forum troll threads than fact. I was there for all of it. At least respect that. Don't give me statistics that you read from hate-filled mongrels that were more against Hammerpoint than the actual game. And again, the only one that has said anything close to what you claim is Sergey. ONE PERSON.

Respect that much at least. You've spewed enough negativity in this thread. This is the second time I've asked you to stop. I might not agree with all the games others are into but you won't see me go into their threads and tell them the game sucks, spread negativity just because I didn't like their game.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:27 pm
Sexually Delicious

Nothing you say has any merit because you read articles and believe them as if they are true. You realize each one is an individual's opinion and that the only ones you'll find are hate-filled because the thousands upon thousands of people that like this game PLAY it. All you've done here is troll this thread because you personally don't like this game based on a measly 4 hours of gameplay (I've got 600 hours in it) and articles you read.

Either you're a troll, or you're one of those people that will believe anything they read as fact. Or better yet. You died in the game and frequently. Poor bambi, running around with your flashlight, trying to explore, get killed.

This isn't a game for carebears.

This is the third and final time I'm asking you to leave my thread. This is a thread for people that enjoy the game and all you're doing is trolling it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:38 pm
Sexually Delicious
Meeki
Sexually Delicious

Nothing you say has any merit because you read articles and believe them as if they are true. You realize each one is an individual's opinion and that the only ones you'll find are hate-filled because the thousands upon thousands of people that like this game PLAY it. All you've done here is troll this thread because you personally don't like this game based on a measly 4 hours of gameplay (I've got 600 hours in it) and articles you read.

Either you're a troll, or you're one of those people that will believe anything they read as fact. Or better yet. You died in the game and frequently. Poor bambi, running around with your flashlight, trying to explore, get killed.

This isn't a game for carebears.

This is the third and final time I'm asking you to leave my thread. This is a thread for people that enjoy the game and all you're doing is trolling it.

You have to admit that last one was hilarious.

But I wish I read those articles before I actually wasted $3 on it. Oh well.

3$ means you got it at the recent steam sale which only further proves you don't know anything about the game. But since you won't leave, I will. Leaving the guild as well. I joined it thinking I would find peers interested in games and the only one I found is a troll. I have no problem with you hating the game. What I had a problem with was you ruining this thread with your hateful drivel, but for some reason, you just couldn't respect that.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:39 pm
A zombie game you say?
Well, this already peaked my interest emotion_kirakira
I'm probably going to end up spending some cash I got laying around just so I can play it.
Doesn't matter to me if people say its bad, or if its good (though I like when this is told to me)
Zombie game are a huge like for me O u O

On another subject: I am sorry to see that another user brought some form of conflict to you over such a game. ;c

Dark legion keysmash (Computer)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games