Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:31 pm
The surf, the sand, the rocks, the greenery before the sand; Henrietta had grown to enjoy the coast around Camphoreon.
The City there overlooking it all, gave things a rather dramatic quality, while it was relaxing to look out the other way from the buildings and vegetation, past the sand, to the wide blue expanse. Relaxing, even without being boring; who knew she was a nature-loving girl? All that time spent in the city of Goldenrod, perhaps that's why she had found the city boring after all. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Camphoreon, to her, but there was something really cool about the sands around it- and between it and Sagestone.

She and Gummy were walking in the sands and were just outside of Camphoreon- not very far at all really; she still had the wish of travelling all around the island, but today, she just wanted to see what pokémon, or whatever else, she could find if she paid attention to scenery all around.

The sunlight wasn't welcome to a Zubat, so, as she often did, Winglet rested in her ball, secure on Henrietta's belt.
Gummy waddled along just behind his trainer; it was impossible to say whether he was enjoying himself or not at all- the Totodile wore his usual blank stare.

"Hey! Maybe we'll meet a Goldeen?! Or a Krabby?!" Henrietta talked, whether she was enjoying scenery or not. She had settled on 'discussing' the types of pokémon they might come across along their beach walk, with Gummy. "Oh man, maybe we'll even meet a Wailord!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:36 pm
Further down the beach Henrietta would find a man with long black hair, one that she had seen previously back in Kanto. The man taking some time to simply relax and do some sword practice while he was out and about. Yuri liked to make a habit of coming to the beach on occasion. He was kinda use to living near the ocean as the city he'd grown up in was by the coast as well.

She would him wielding his blade, slashing as the air as he practiced his form and technique. As well as some of tricks he added to his own style for a bit of flair. The sun glinting off the polished steel as the blade flipped through the air, only to be caught with practiced ease once more.

Repede was also sitting on the sand nearby, watching his partner go through his routine. The man was wearing his usual tacky beach attire which consisted of a pair of hawaiian print swimming trunks which were pink, and an opened orange hawaiian print shirt.

The Growlithe himself was wearing his leather dog harness that was becoming customary. He had also insisted on carrying things with him in the pockets it provided. One being a dagger which sat in a sleeve upon his right shoulder.

Paying neither of them much mind was a sparkling silver Eevee who sat closest to the water and watched the tide go in and out.

They were certainly quite the sight.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:48 pm
The pokémon got her attention first- everything she'd ever done with real effort had been to further her goal of becoming 'the greatest trainer ever' and a huge part of wanting to be that was because of the pokémon themselves- how cool were they, after all?! Friends with special powers that would trust you to direct them in a battle?! They were so awesome, all of them!
So she hurried toward the man and his pokémon, eager to meet them all- trainer included- only realising he was also practicing with a sword (also /so/ awesome!) as she got closer... And only realising that she /knew/ this person as she got even closer still.
The clothing might have gotten an odd look if Hen, herself, had any idea about style or fashion; clothing was just clothing to her, no matter how odd it happened to look.

"Oh wow! Man, I didn't know anyone would be out here! And you're pokémon all look so /awesome/! And you've got a /sword/! Are you practicing? Or are you dueling someone here?! I read a book once," Not a sentence she probably said very often "about a guy who dueled a bunch of people! It was so awesome!"

She'd run a little ahead of Gummy, who came gradually waddling up behind her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:13 am
The first to notice her was Repede, his ears standing up when Henrietta decided to come over. He remembered her though and thus just remained where he was. Yuri turning when he heard footsteps approaching and a voice. The man resting his sword against his shoulder.

"Huh? Thanks. Uh... yeah just doing a little bit of practice. "

He definitely recognized her. The girl's appearance was rather unique and unmistakable, but Yuri had never really been properly introduced so he couldn't really remember he name.

"You were with us in Kanto, right?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:31 am
"Yeah! Rosie and me battled, and we almost won but she was really super strong and stuff so it was better that she won anyway!" That... was a bit of a distortion of things, and a little long for a 'yes', but Henrietta seemed to still be going.
"Cool! Can I hold it? What's it like to sword fight? Have you beaten many people? Hey! Your pokémon look /really/ strong so how come you need a sword? Is it just cuz it looks cool?" The girl rattled off her questions, apparently forgetting she hadn't offered out her name, or asked for his yet. She had, at least, answered the Kanto question.

Gummy waddled toward the Growlithe, but stopped a few steps away, apparently content to stare just past the canid pokémon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:21 am
Yuri heaved a sigh in a little bit of exasperation at all the questions but smiled at her enthusiasm.

"Sure, just be careful, its pretty sharp," he warned her before flipping the sword so that it pointed downward and handed the weapon to her by the hilt.

"And how about slowing down and asking one question at a time?" he asked with a little amused smirk.

Repede eyed the Totodile as it waddled over, appearing to look vacantly at... nothing at all. The Growlithe woofing once at him in greeting.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:54 am
"I CAN?! AWESOME!" The girl was positively bouncing as she was handed Yuri's sword. She frowned a little bit, as though she hadn't been expecting whatever weight she felt, and stared at the hilt in her hands, before looking back to Yuri.

"Huh? What do you mean? I can totally do that though! Hey, so, uh, how do I use this? Do you have any special moves? Like the movies? Can you make it have fire on it?!"

Gummy responded to the woof... with a lack of response, unless one counted the leak of water from his closed mouth all of sudden. It dripped to the sand, then stopped as soon as it had started.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:59 am
Well... so much for the one question at a time thing. That was okay though, and Yuri just took it in stride. With a hand on his hip, his smirk remained due to his continued amusement at the girl.

"Well.. I dunno about fire but I do know a few moves. I taught myself when I was a kid and perfected my style while in the military."

Repede tilted his head with a furrowed brow. The Growlithe leaning in towards the unresponsive Totodile and then waving a paw in front of his face.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:04 pm
"Ooh, ooh! Can we see?! Could you teach me and Gummy?! It's so awesome! How did you get a sword as a kid?! And you're in the military?! That's so cool! Do you have to battle a lot?" There was a pause, perhaps where she took a break or something. "Oh man! And your pokémon! Are they in the military too?"

She was offering the sword back, already, eager for a demonstration, even as she chattered away.

Gummy blinked, his eyes out of sync, a moment later than might have been expected for having a paw waved in his face.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:11 pm
Yuri took the sword back again by the hilt, instantly flipping it up and catching it again with the same hand so that it now pointed upward. Stepping back a few paces, the man proceeded to flip the sword around. Over his shoulder, under his arm, under a leg, going from one hand to another, all while talking to Henrietta and answering her questions.

"My best friend and I bought a sword together when we were kids and we shared it. That's how we learned. I'm not in the military anymore, so my Pokemon aren't either, but Repede's dad was."

Repede frowned, not sure what to think of this Pokemon. This had also gotten Astal's attention and the Captain walked over and behind Gummy. The Eevee eyeing him with a devious little grin as he experimentally poked the water type's back with his paw. Poke poke.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:19 pm
"Ooooh!" Henrietta seemed to have 'impressed noises' down quite well, as she watched the sword moving quickly around in hands skilled in using it. "Cool! Was it expensive?! How long did it take you to learn stuff like that?!" She did bounce this time, eager to learn everything she could, though her eyes were directed to his pokémon when Yuri mentioned Repede's dad being in the military. "OH! Awesome! So how come you aren't any more..? ... and which one is Repede?!"

Gummy, meanwhile, was either stoically ignoring the poking, couldn't feel it or didn't know it was happening, or was being very tolerant.
He remained in the same position and blinked once more. His tail might have twitched, for a just a second, once, but it was hardly there to notice.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:27 pm
"It was a pretty cheap sword, but for us it was a lot of money. We had to save for a long time," Yuri explained as he flipped his sword high into the air and caught it again to then lean the blade on his shoulder once more.

"It took years, spent most of my life trying to learn."

Yuri then looked over towards the Pokemon to see Astal now viciously poking Gummy with his ears flattened back and an annoyed look on his face. Trying to get some reaction out of the Totodile.

"Hey!" The Eevee then stopped suddenly and blinked. "Uh... Repede's the Growlithe. The military wasn't really my thing so I quit."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:39 pm
"So do you still share it with your friend?! It must have been a long time since you were a kid!" Henrietta blurted- she never really considered how young or old an adult might be... they had always just been adult and came in two forms; parent class or grandparent class. Yuri was older than she was and an adult so he was clearly a 'parent class'.
"That musta been a really long time because you're really awesome at it! I mean, I bet I could do it, if you gave me a few pointers, but, man, it's really awesome! Huh?" She looked around to the same sight he did, and to see the Eevee backing off. Some flicker of worry might have been detectable as she called out to the water type.
"Are you alright, Gummy?!" The lack of response, or some micromovement, must have been a comfort, because she brightened up a moment later. "He's okay! Oh man, that's lucky for your Eevee 'cuz Gummy's totally unstoppable if he gets angry! He could have bitten his head off! And I totally get it on the military thing! Being a lone swordsman," Didn't he say he shared the sword- or hadn't she at least thought that, a moment ago? "is way cooler than being an army soldier! Repede looks /awesome/! He's got a battle wound, even!"

The Totodile's tail flicked, and his head moved, as if in reaction to a sound, to look off into space, just past his 'shoulder', in response to being aggressively poked, but he made no other move; staying that way even after Yuri had stopped the Eevee's game.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:48 pm
"Naw, that was a long time ago. He's still in the military and we both have our own swords now."

Yuri would have probably scoffed at the idea of being referred to as a parent. For one he didn't have any kids, and didn't plan on having any soon if ever. Although sometimes he did feel like a parent in regards to Luke.

He then blinked at Henrietta's explanation that her spacey Totodile could have taken Astal's head off if he'd gotten mad. "Really? Doesn't look like he does much." He found that a little hard to believe. Astal did too actually and flicked his tail in agitation.

Repede woofed a couple times, drawing another smirk form Yuri, before the canine laid down with a huff.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:01 pm
"Ohhh! Did the military give you your own swords? Do you still get to see your friend a lot?" She nodded a little, as though she'd been fully expecting to hear the words 'a long time ago', though, which turned into a bigger grin and more of a nod as Yuri questioned her assertion about Gummy.

"Yeah! Man, he's so powerful that he doesn't even need to show it!" The girl insisted proudly. "He could totally take on any of your pokémon here! We're totally gonna be pokémon champions one day!"

Gummy's head swiveled, and suddenly he was looking up, at a point just above Yuri's shoulder- or at least, that's the way his gaze was going. He still didn't seem to have responded to Repede or Astal much at all.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff