Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Guilds still on the back burner

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:58 pm
Quote:
Uncle Kenny
Kitalpha Hart
Even though I will most likely be ignored...

Guilds. Update. When. Seriously, even if it's just updating the coding and stuff so that it's not so damn screwy.

Oh, hell, what was the second thing?
I know a side thing is about affiliating with deviantART, a lot of people use dA, and we have to use the long URL to get the pic to show...affiliating might simplify that, allowing us to use the normal URL and the Fav me one without all this long nonsense

Oh, yeah. Updating games so that they don't require Adobe Flash. I would looooooooove to play Jigsaw on my iPad3, but alas, it's a Flash game. But seriously, tablets can handle those games. I would like to see something done about it

And idgaf if I missed the allotted time, I always do cuz of time differences

But guilds first!

When we have resources freed up from the other projects we're working on right now, Guild will be addressed.

We don't have anybody who has the time to convert our Flash games over to a mobile friendly language.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:47 am
ugh, guilds need so much updating it's not even funny

it feels like they're hardly relevant, they're hardly integrated well enough to feel like they're truly useful.  

together we will shine

Blessed Prophet

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:46 pm
Serah of Silence
Quote:
Uncle Kenny
Kitalpha Hart

Guilds. Update. When. Seriously, even if it's just updating the coding and stuff so that it's not so damn screwy.

I know a side thing is about affiliating with deviantART, a lot of people use dA, and we have to use the long URL to get the pic to show...affiliating might simplify that, allowing us to use the normal URL and the Fav me one without all this long nonsense

Oh, yeah. Updating games so that they don't require Adobe Flash. I would looooooooove to play Jigsaw on my iPad3, but alas, it's a Flash game. But seriously, tablets can handle those games. I would like to see something done about it

But guilds first!

When we have resources freed up from the other projects we're working on right now, Guild will be addressed.

We don't have anybody who has the time to convert our Flash games over to a mobile friendly language.
I call foul on this one. OK folks. They have people who can work on guilds. don't let anyone fool you. They just rolled out the new Verge Guild for the high rollers on Gaia, and since I watch lots of videos and spend the gaia cash I earn that way in the cash shop, I got in the guild. It's a hidden guild and not just anyone gets in. We are being ignored again. So, where does Guilds 2.0 stand while the staff is working on this new pet project to reward people for spending real money on gaia? That's simple. It isn't going anywhere, it's standing still just like is has for the LAST 10YRS AND WHERE IT PROBABLY WILL FOR THE NEXT 10YRS  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:47 pm
mamarita
Serah of Silence
Quote:
Uncle Kenny
Kitalpha Hart

But guilds first!

I call foul on this one. OK folks. They have people who can work on guilds. don't let anyone fool you. They just rolled out the new Verge Guild for the high rollers on Gaia, and since I watch lots of videos and spend the gaia cash I earn that way in the cash shop, I got in the guild. It's a hidden guild and not just anyone gets in. We are being ignored again. So, where does Guilds 2.0 stand while the staff is working on this new pet project to reward people for spending real money on gaia? That's simple. It isn't going anywhere, it's standing still just like is has for the LAST 10YRS AND WHERE IT PROBABLY WILL FOR THE NEXT 10YRS
Petition? Gain support that way, show off what they have done while neglecting a good section of their site?  

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:50 pm
Serah of Silence
mamarita
Serah of Silence
Quote:
Uncle Kenny
Kitalpha Hart

But guilds first!

Petition? Gain support that way, show off what they have done while neglecting a good section of their site?
Go to the demands for upgrades announcement and see the pm I just sent to Lanzer!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 pm
mamarita
Serah of Silence
mamarita
Serah of Silence
Quote:
Go to the demands for upgrades announcement and see the pm I just sent to Lanzer!
If that gets nothing, Kit says that she will tell them at the next ATA that there better be something upgraded in the guilds, even if it is just updating the posting style, or she will find the people who will railroad them until they do it. With a weeks' limit, the following ATA being the deadline. Want to have something like a list of people who will do the railroading, so that they know that it is not an idle threat?
E-mails, snail mail, PMs, do not stop, just railroad them until we get it, and get it all. And she is being nice about it. She is telling them a week for a simple little update, say, fixing of the post format stuff so that it can go from forums to guilds without needing to be fixed. If they do not comply, she will gather up a bunch of people who will basically start an uprising to fully update the guilds.

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:11 pm
Serah of Silence
mamarita
Serah of Silence
mamarita
Serah of Silence
Quote:
If that gets nothing, Kit says that she will tell them at the next ATA that there better be something upgraded in the guilds, even if it is just updating the posting style, or she will find the people who will railroad them until they do it. With a weeks' limit, the following ATA being the deadline. Want to have something like a list of people who will do the railroading, so that they know that it is not an idle threat?
E-mails, snail mail, PMs, do not stop, just railroad them until we get it, and get it all. And she is being nice about it. She is telling them a week for a simple little update, say, fixing of the post format stuff so that it can go from forums to guilds without needing to be fixed. If they do not comply, she will gather up a bunch of people who will basically start an uprising to fully update the guilds.
The problem is there is no one currently employed at Gaia that is literally capable of fixing the current coding system for guilds. They are all sophistocated to know the old coding system. That's a nice way of saying stupid They know all the current coding systems but never learned the older ones and it seems that Lanzer doesn't get his hands dirty doing grunt work anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:54 pm
mamarita
Serah of Silence
mamarita
Serah of Silence
mamarita
The problem is there is no one currently employed at Gaia that is literally capable of fixing the current coding system for guilds. They are all sophistocated to know the old coding system. That's a nice way of saying stupid They know all the current coding systems but never learned the older ones and it seems that Lanzer doesn't get his hands dirty doing grunt work anymore.
Railroad his a**. emotion_dowant  

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers