In reply to but not directed at :

“holy ******** how does a dog get diabetes? good ******** lord people stop feeding them bacon! seriously! how does it happen? its should be considered abuse to feed a dog so poorly that they get diabetes! “

Their excuse is usually, “But I love them, of course I’m going to spoil them." I don’t care if I offend anyone with this statement/rant. That’s just really ******** ignorant. :v You are spoiling them…spoiling their life and body. They’re going bad, and thus have to suffer, because you “love them".

Reality check people, use some logic…don’t just THINK or SAY you know what they want; that you’re empathetic and understand them. How about you actually try learning about your little companion there? Ya’ know, learn what it is they need to stay/be healthy, and what treats are ok for them. “Dog’s love them!" or “Keeps your dog’s teeth clean and their breath fresher", and pretty much any other hooky slogan you can think of does not mean you should feed that s**t to living creature what so ever; let alone one you claim to love. Advertisements , endorsements, sponsorship, TV, Internet, and other media blah blah blah is not a guide to happy, healthy living. A grocery store isle with pictures of happy dogs is not a guide to healthy living. “Special formula’s" are not always a guide to actual healthy living, and just because they like how something you feed them tastes, does not mean you should be shoveling scraps into their mouth.

“But they are happy! They’re all excited, wagging their tail, and HAPPY! They love me for it"; (giving them treats of what ever kind). Or, “They seem just fine". Have you ever eaten something that you know is unhealthy but are still exuberantly happy and enjoy it? Yes… yes you have. Have you ever been extremely unhealthy (visibly or not) but still have happy moments, get excited, and show affection? Well of course you have…(ok maybe not all of you >_>). If you choose to keep a living being as a companion that relies on you for sustenance… just remember… unlike you, who most likely knows that they are shoveling unhealthy crap into their body, they probably don’t, and don’t really have a choice in the matter.

You made the commitment, you have responsibility, be good to your companions you claim to love.