Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:44 pm
With a sigh, Dove sank back against her counter, surveying her work as she finally relaxed a little bit, a fond grin tugging at her lips as a tiny mew zoomed around the vast apartment style home, its eyes bright with curiosity as it flitted from place to place, taking in the colors and warm smells that the young woman's work added to the home. "We're almost ready, Trill," she promised it, pushing herself up to move a few more things around. It would be any time now, that her guests would arrive, and though far from the formal parties she had thrown in the past-- really, far far from it, especially considering she had handled most of the preparations on her own, including the entire dinner-- her work left an excited spark in her eyes, knowing the person it was all for wasn't one for formality anyway.

It was small, really just a dinner between friends, but Dove had gone to great lengths to make sure things were right. An assortment of cupcakes stood stacked neatly on a simple wooden tower that stood only a few tiers high, while the dinner-- curry, prepared by her own hand, and based on a recipe she had previously collected from an accomplice-- sat simmering and kept warm for whenever they arrived. It was an odd arrangement, she admitted, but the girl didn't seem to mind it in the slightest. This wasn't for her anyway.

After checking on the meal once more, she moved around to look at her table, pausing a moment with a light frown on her face as she debated between setting it and leaving it as it was. To set it would be proper, she knew, and it was her first instinct, but she had decided as they had planned to keep it as casual as she could bring herself to do, and thus chose to leave everything they would need stacked and laid out at its center--neatly, of course.

That done, she moved back to her stove, and shortly after, the refrigerator, putting the final touches on what she hoped would be a well received surprise.

Trill continued to explore the apartment, earning a laugh from its trainer as it snatched a berry from the girl's workspace, where it waited a moment for permission to take it and gave a soft trill of tinkling notes as she allowed it to have the treat.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:19 am
Eventually she would hear voices out in the hallway.

"Sooo you wanted to hang out at Dove's place?" Yuri asked skeptically. "You realize this makes you really suspicious."

"Shut up, Yuri," was Flynn's immediate retort. "Come on."

"Man, you're so bad at this."

With that Flynn began to open the door so that the both of them could enter the apartment.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:20 am
At the sound of voices coming closer, Trill paused midair, and looked to Dove, ready to dash and hide if needed.

Recognizing the voices, Dove shook her head and offered the tiny Pokemon an encouraging smile, then motioned toward the door. "They're okay, Trill. Why don't you greet them for me?" she asked it. Flynn and Yuri already knew she had it. She guessed it was alright for now, and as Lovey had yet to reappear from her nap, it only seemed right to let the little legendary play.

With permission, the mew zoomed to the door and poked its head through the crack, blinking curiously at the guests. "meeeeeeeew?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:05 am
"Yeah you didn't even bother to knock," Yuri pointed out as Flynn started to open the door. "You're definitely up to something."

Flynn was about to say something in his defense when a little pink face greeted him.

"Oh, hi there," Flynn said to the little Mew, having nearly forgotten that Dove had it.

He then pushed the door the rest of the way to step inside, allowing Yuri to come in before closing it again.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:34 pm
Trill wiggled in the air, then flipped backward, offering the men another long "Meeeeeeeew!" As it led tem into the apartment, then flew around the large space, as if to show off all the preparations.

With a laugh, Dove crossed the room, then tossed a bag of brightly colored candies to Yuri, with a tag that read 'Surprise!' in large, flowing handwriting. "Happy birthday, old man."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:11 pm
Yuri blinked as he caught the bag, stunned for a moment before he looked up.

"Huh?" ... He then glanced at Flynn before letting out a dramatic sigh. "Well -someone- must have let the cat out of the bag. ... Thanks."

He then took that moment to look at the bag more closely.

"Hey, where did you get these?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:26 pm
Dove giggled, unable to help herself as Yuri heaved a sigh at Flynn. "Hey, don't blame Flynn. I might have pried a little," she told him, sparing a quick glance to the blonde.

Trill flitted about overhead, curiously looking at the two before deciding to float right up into Flynn's face, its large eyes blinking widely. They had matching eyes!

Dove shrugged a little, then stepped back toward the kitchen area, her eyes not leaving the men until she realized she still had her apron on and began to untie it. "Oh, you know... I got curious and ended up online shopping for a few things," she teased, watching more closely for a reaction. She hoped he liked those things...

With a wave of her hand to dismiss it, she turned and made her way back into her kitchen, talking over the freestanding bar between them as she opened the fridge once more. "Come in and make yourselves at home... There are extra pillows on the couch for you, Yuri, since you seemed to like them so much last time you were over," she grinned, hoping he would catch the reference from the last time he had been there and had stolen all of the pillows from her bed. "If you want blankets, though, you'll have to go get them yourself."

Upon hearing the man speak, Lovey's head poked out from the bedroom, though she chose not to come out into the main room entirely. Her eyes swept the area they had chosen to stand in, as if in search.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:53 pm
"Huh..." was all Yuri had to say about that. But he did nonchalantly open the bag and started popping a few of the gummy candies into his mouth. Yeah, he liked those things. They were more of a kids candy though, so he might not openly admit it, but he did like them.

Yuri walked in, and the last one to enter in behind him and Flynn, was none other than Repede. The Growlithe taking a moment around before his eye caught Lovey hovering in a nearby doorway.

"I like pillows? Dunno what you're talking about," Yuri said looking away, though a little smirk played on his lips.

Flynn just grinned and shook his head, taking a seat as the other man indeed helped himself to the seat with all the pillows. Then there was suddenly a Mew in his face. His blue eyes blinking right back at the small creature. "Well, hello again uh..." he couldn't remember the Pokemon's name.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:17 pm
"Oh, come on... " she giggled, pulling a few things from the fridge. "i let you take over my entire bedset and you don't remember? I'm terribly offended, Yuri." With a grin, she leaned on the counter to look at them, shaking her head as the long haired man fell into the pile of pillows and as Trill invaded Flynn's line of sight again. "Trill likes you, Flynn," she smiled, scrunching her nose as the little mew turned to look at her with a light coo.

Lovey, upon sight of Repede, perked her ears, her eyes a little brighter before she disappeared back into the room, her tail flicking as she disappeared, excitedly.

The girl in the kitchen shook her head as the Mew flitted over to Yuri to play with his hair, then spoke up again. "You boys want a drink?" she offered, motioning at the fridge.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 pm
"Huh... nope, don't remember," Yuri said, although in truth he really did. He was just messing with her.

Flynn smiled and reached out to pat the Mew on the head. It really was cute.
"I like her too. ... Is it a girl?" Cause in truth, he actually had no idea what gender the Pokemon was at all.

"Oh, I brought something, actually," Flynn then said at the mention of drinks, standing up he pulled a bottle out of the bag he'd been carrying and placed it on the counter. It was a bottle of wine.

Yuri tilted his head back a bit to get a look at what it was from his place a few feet away. "Hey, that's pretty good stuff."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:55 pm
"Hm.. maybe I'll just have to find a way to spark your memory..." she said coyly, shooting him a look to match over the counter.

Her attention then turned back to Flynn and Trill as the pokemon flew around both of the men, then perched on the blonde's shoulder. "You know, to be honest, I'm not sure..." she admitted, laughing with slight embarrassment as she tucked back her hair. "I looked online and I've asked at work, but there's apparently no real gender difference..." And it was hard to get anyone to look at the pokemon, especially when her questions at 'work' had been so vague. She still didn't want many people to know about her purchase's existence.

When Flynn moved from the couch to bring over the bottle of wine, Trill balancing carefully as he moved, she grinned, then turned to her cabinets and pulled the proper glasses from the shelf, setting them carefully on the counter, as she leaned to look to Yuri again at his comment. "Hey, it's your birthday. We're going all out." She then looked to Flynn, offering a smile of gratitude as she moved to find a corkscrew, wondering if he knew she was technically underage. "I think dinner is almost ready, but you're more than welcome to have dessert first, if you'd like," she offered to both of them, returning smoothly with the silver opener.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:26 pm
Yuri's brows rose slightly at that. "I'm afraid to ask," he said with just a hint of teasing. The man looking content to just lean back with his arms behind his head, relaxing against the pillows. Heck yeah this was nice.

Flynn glanced over at Trill with a smile as the Mew landed on his shoulder, then looked back to Dove.

"Well... I guess it doesn't really matter all that much." It would be nice to know the Mew's gender but that wouldn't change the fact that it was a very cute Pokemon.

"All out, huh?" Yuri asked, pondering that for several moments before giving a shrug at the dinner options. "How about saving the best for last." And with that he popped a few more candies in his mouth. He had some sweets to tide him over after all.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:46 pm
Another sly look, from the corner of her eye. "Aw, I thought you were more daring than that," she grinned, shaking her head and feigning disappointment. "Too old for adventure, Yuri?"

Trill riding on Flynn's shoulder was nothing short of adorable, and she couldn't help a more true smile as he spoke to her again, and as she poured the drinks with ease, making for a very pretty trio of wineglasses. One she passed to Flynn, with another smile, before she scooped the others up, stem between her fingers and the globe in her palms, and made her way over to Yuri. "As you wish," she said, taking a seat on the arm of a nearby armchair. It would be a few more minutes until dinner was done anyway. "So how have you two been? Anything interesting?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:49 pm
"Too old? ... Huh, maybe," Yuri said in a tone that made him sound disinterested. Or perhaps he was just teasing her or playing hard to get. One couldn't be too sure.

Flynn took the wine glass that Dove offered him, holding it the same way she did. But when Yuri received his, his unrefined nature showed through as he simply held the stem of the glass with his fingers.

The blonde took a moment to take in the aroma of the wine before taking an experimental sip. "I'm fine, thanks. Work has been going well, and I can't ask for much more than that."

"Things have been pretty boring on my end," Yuri then admitted and then took a swallow of his wine. Huh. Not bad.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:56 pm
Yuri's tone brought an almost playful frown to her face, but she shrugged it off. "Mm, your loss~" she hummed, "But let me know if you change your mind. It might be worth your while."

She shook her head fondly at the man as he received his glass casually, then swirled hers in the glass before taking a sip herself, and blinking at its taste. It really wasn't bad... No wonder wine had been popular at her family's dinner parties.

Their responses drew another frown, though a smile played at her lips. "My goodness, you two, save some fun for the rest of us..." she grinned.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff