Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:09 am
Quote:
You would think indie devs would have nothing but praise for the Xbox One now that it will allow self-publishing, but not everyone is jumping up and down in joy. For Fez creator Phil Fish, he’s skeptical about X1’s new self-publishing policy.

In a series of tweets, which have been collated and edited for easier reading, Fish wrote on Twitter:

Quote:
It’s nice to see MS make some efforts but at the same time… what changed? Why are indies suddenly so precious to them? The whole thing is just so goddamned REACTIONARY.

It’s hard to believe their heart is in the right place. Everything about it feels disingenuous to me. All we have to go by right now is their track record and their words — their sweet, sweet words; HYPOCRISY is the word I’m looking for.

Later, Fish amusingly added that the “image of Fry [from Futurama] squinting incredulously is basically my reaction to this whole thing.” He’s probably referring to this meme, here.

In the past, Fish has been outspoken about how horrible it was working with Microsoft on the once Xbox 360 exclusive Fez. In fact, Fish apparently had such a bad experience that he previously said that Fez II wouldn’t be released on the X1.

Earlier today, Retro City Rampage creator Brian Provinciano also said that despite X1′s new self-publishing policy, he’s still not interested in developing for the X1 since Microsoft was so awful to work with in the past.

Other indie devs such as Philip Tibitoski (Octodad), Andy Schatz (Monaco), and Rami Ismail (Super Crate Box, Ridiculous Fishing) also shared their thoughts on X1′s self-publishing change saying that while it’s great news, they want to hear more details before getting too excited.

Honestly, it seems like Microsoft really is just reacting to the PS4, which is showing just how flawed X1’s original plans were. Nevertheless though, being able to self-publish on Microsoft’s next-gen console is great news, and with all of these policy changes, I’m now really hoping the X1 gets a price cut, something that Microsoft is reportedly trying to do.

Source

While I totally agree that its still too early to be praising Microsoft as it all does indeed seem too good to be true that 'Their vision from the start' is now meaningless to them, I don't think its as good as it sounds. However even I must admit, Microsoft just can't win right now, we complain, they change, we complain some more, they are just backed into a corner right now.
Still throw in a price drop and better Gold service then we might talk.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:11 am
In my opinion they are just trying to fix all the problems that Don Mattrick has made with the XB1, I don't understand why people want one thing changed but when it gets changed they are ungrateful.  

vladerino

Invisible Noob

Gaming News

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces