Hey guys, I'm reviewing the Kindle Fire HD. A multimedia tablet style device that has outgrown its roots as a simple E-reader, let's see how well Amazon has done.

First I have to note that I use my Kindle...a lot...as I destroyed my laptop in a fit of misdirected rage. Anyways, I likely it far more than other people use their own as it handles all of my communication needs.

In terms of how well the device is made, it's high quality. The glass itself repels damage and being warped, things that would scratch most other glass panels just slide right off the Kindle screen. Also, for looking so small, it holds a fair deal of weight and just feels sturdy. It's battery life lasts quite a long time, mine usually goes for four hours but I have it at a very bright setting. One of the negative things is, they give you an incredibly slow USB charger to begin with but I've swapped it with a common cellphone charger. I wouldn't pay them a dime for a new charger!

The display itself is colorful and vibrant, at least in the HD models. Videos and photographs look beautiful, although the Kindle sometimes has trouble rendering both to an appropriate size for the screen.

I would say sound quality is the best thing about the HD. With it on full blast I can hear music all the way downstairs and its dual speaker system, if you're holding it to watch something, wraps you in sound.

Now onto the good, the bad, and the ugly. Kindle apps and general functionality. I'll say right now the Skype app doesn't work a bit for me. It crashes, loses calls, will sign you out without an alert, don't get a Kindle if you will be using it to talk with a loved one. Conversely, the video is actually pretty awesome. You can broadcast or take pictures in HD, but don't expect much maneuverability as there isn't a rear facing camera.

Silk, the browser for as Kindle, is alright. It functions far better than I had expected but don't expect any bells or whistles, it's still a Kindle. You also cannot install flash player which cuts you out of certain activities but you can still go to YouTube and watch most videos available on the Internet.

Games are a mixed bag for me. They're so hard to play with the touch based screen which feels frustratingly slippery I give up after the first hour usually. The quality seemed really nice but the control left a lot desired. My one exception is Minecraft which is a worthy port still lacking a lot of features of the PC. It's being worked on and patches are a regular occurrence, and I just love building and mining anyways.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my Kindle. If you were in need of a tablet style device and found one on sale, I'd recommend it, just don't expect miracles.

Does anyone have any questions?