Play with us or be sacrifice to the Dark Lord 

Tags: Fun times, Random, Gaming, sacrifice, achievements 

Reply Dark legion movement (Nintendo)
DS games with no case or manual..?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does it matter to you if you buy a game it comes with everything? (game,case and manual)
  Yes
  No
View Results

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:15 pm
I went to Gamestop today (I have no problems with them and they're nice where I'm at), mainly to browse used games (DS and 3DS to be more specific) and one of the employees informed me that they probably will start taking away the cases and manuals to DS games (even if they're traded in with game/case/manual) and only have the games due to not having the space for everything...

Has anyone else heard about this and/or disappointed by this..? I know for me, I'm not going to buy a DS game unless it is original game, case, manual...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:19 am
I won't buy it unless it comes with a manual and case. Even if it's cheap and I don't even use the manual lol. I won't even trade in my own games if they are missing something. The case is important for obvious reasons. The manual is always handy to have just in case.  

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:23 am
it doesn't really both me to pick up a game that doesn't have a manual; I've got GameFAQS for basic info. Then again, it's not that much trouble with disc-based games and some large cartridges. When it comes to DS games, though, they're awfully small and easy to lose. Even if I do have a storage case, I'd run out of room eventually.

Although I would prefer to always have the case and manual. I keep them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:11 pm
I guess for me it is an OCD thing, my games have to have game, case, manual (if I pick it up and buy it, being given a game is a different story)... I store all my games on shelves having them separated by system then together by series...

More curious if anyone else has been told this or heard of this... Or if this is just a thing happening in my area...  

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

Samantha_Suicidee
Vice Captain

Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:53 pm
I'm very picky about this as well. They did that with Gameboy games before they stopped taking them. I work at a gamestop right now and they have a few PS2 games near the back of the store. All the cases are their cases. One is even a Xbox case. They are gonna need space soon due to the Xbox One and PS4 but still. I prefer they always keep cases and maybe the manual :/  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:14 am
I havent used my DS in years and to be honest I never used the game cases i just stuck them in my storage case. However I would never buy a game without its case though manual I'm not too fussed about though it would be nice.
So this movement really baffles me.  

English_Biscuit
Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Pikria

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:40 am
Hm.. I haven't heard of that at all yet. I already see many ds games that are just the games an no cases or manuals. I've seen maybe 1 or 2 small shelves with the cases. So I'm not sure what they're doing. And yea I would be a bit disappointed if there were no more cases and manuals I love collecting my games with the case at least and even better the manual. But at the same time as long as I can play/have the game its okay. (well unless it was a game I was collecting the series of then of course it needs case an manual)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:19 pm
Lil_Kaios
I guess for me it is an OCD thing, my games have to have game, case, manual (if I pick it up and buy it, being given a game is a different story)... I store all my games on shelves having them separated by system then together by series...

More curious if anyone else has been told this or heard of this... Or if this is just a thing happening in my area...

This is one thing I really hate about game stop! They always do stuff like this, recently I bought the ps3 game SSX and even though it was a "new" copy when called them and asked they still didn't have a case for it. I was pretty annoyed by this I love collecting my games with the cases, I stack them on my shelf and just admire them. Although the do have an interesting trade system, it annoys me how little they care about packaging I could go on and on about this haha. But yeah it's annoying and dumb, give me my original packaging  

TheOnlyAdventChild
Crew

Dark legion movement (Nintendo)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces