Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:02 pm
Luke was rapidly tiring of being unable to train himself alongside his team. His training style involved teaching his pokemon to be able to make their own decisions in battle so that they wouldn't need him calling out commands, and so he was left feeling very passive and idle sitting on one of the park's expanses of grass and watching his pokemon compete against one another. A large white and green Pidgeot wheeled in the sky as a Jolteon chased along below it, giving a valiant effort at landing a Thundershock on its nimbly dodging target. The pair's trainer waited aside, mildly sulking over the bandaged hand that prevented him from taking a more active stance.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:08 pm
Typically the park was pretty peaceful, even with Pokemon battles/training happening on occasion. However, that peace was broke nearby as someone raised their voice.

"When were you going to tell me about this?!"

This was followed by a voice that was trying to sound aloof but had an undertone of impatience.

"I wasn't planning on it. Last I checked, I'm not one of your soldiers."

"No, but you're my friend. Do you have any idea what this means?"

"A boat ride and a boring hearing?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:24 pm
The sudden shouting drew Luke's attention - or rather, drew the attention of anyone within earshot who wasn't already preoccupied with some matter - and he looked with natural curiosity toward the source, surprised to find that that source was a familiar individual. Two familiar individuals, technically, but he couldn't quite place the familiarity of one. Though he understood that their conversation wasn't exactly any of his business, the tones they were employing to converse didn't really sit comfortably with the listener, and after some internal debate he moved to stand and approach the pair, though his thoughts permitted only uncertain silence. The pokemon, noticing their trainer's movement, agreed on a temporary stalemate for the sake of observation.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:42 pm
"Can't you take this seriously for once, Yuri?" This coming from a blonde man with angry blue eyes that just happened to match the uniform he was wearing.

Yuri Lowell sighed and folded his arms across his chest, turning his head away defiantly. "Look Flynn, I knew what I was getting in to. I did what had to be done."

"What you did was reckless and stupid!" Flynn countered back. "Just like everything else you do!"

Yuri just kept his face turned away stubbornly, not answering the other man.

Repede sat nearby, watching the two indifferently. The dog then opened his maw in a wide yawn and looked over to Luke as he approached.

"My friends could have died, Flynn." Yuri said eventually.

"You don't know that," Flynn said back in a calmer tone. "That doesn't make killing people okay."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:06 pm
"If Yuri hadn't acted, all three of us would have died." It was an interruption, an unwarranted one that Luke nearly regretted as readily as he spoke. But it stood, even as his eyes fell in an expression of apology, "That's a simple fact."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:28 pm
Flynn blinked and turned to look at Luke when the red head spoke up, apparently not having realized he was there.

"I know..." he said quietly, and bit apologetically.

Yuri though, knew that Luke was there and said nothing.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:35 pm
Uncomfortable from the tone of the response, Luke's eyes remained trained absently on the ground. "Sorry," he said, "just… as someone who's alive because of his actions, I couldn't just listen to those actions being criticized."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:37 pm
Flynn shook his head, turning to fully face Luke. "No, its all right. I'm the one that should be sorry."

The blonde glanced as his friend then looked back to the red head. "I'm glad that he was able to help you. It's just that..." and here Flynn was at a loss for words. Trying to think of the best way to say it without offending the younger man in front of him.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:09 pm
He shook his head slightly, feeling that he more or less understood the direction of the words. "I'd feel a lot better about the whole thing if no one had died," he said, wondering even as he spoke them how truthful those words were, given the events that had precipitated from the ordeal, "but the way things were, I don't think it would have been realistic even to hope for that kind of outcome. No one in that place would have let us walk away." As someone who stubbornly pursued the survival and well-being of those around him, the admission stung, but he couldn't imagine the scenario as it was playing out without a single casualty.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:13 pm
"I see..." Flynn said quietly. "That may be, but..." and he glanced over at Yuri, who looked back at him. "... I still worry."

Yuri heaved a dramatic sigh. "Worry about what? I think I've proven by now that I can take care of myself."

The blonde just shook his head again. "That's not what I mean."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers