Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
i hate sharks, meat eating, nature, mean people, and bad

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i am alive
  1 vote
View Results

fabulously fruity

Wheezing Gawker

4,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:41 am
evil evil evil

cruelity and other mean stuff, especially animal cruellity makes me cry a lot.

I hope all of you that read this have a heart!

post positively your ideas of how to survive in a cruel world and other things we can do to be and live positive.

mention if you are pro peta or vegetarian

what kind of happy and friendly support systems do you have in this cruel world
is your family pro your choices to be kind and nice
and or not eat meat

hopes of survival  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:14 am
You hate nature??? O.o  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:43 am
I survive by simply believing that the world isn't cruel.
Survival isn't cruelty, it simply is as what it is defined to be.

Quote:
what kind of happy and friendly support systems do you have in this cruel world

I'm not very social, I have three friends in the real world and I love my friends online dearly. Though I don't really see my friends as a support system, I see them as more companions to share stories with, I learned a while ago that treating people like support structures starts to wear on them, and it's unfair to lean on people even if they ask you to rely on them.

Quote:
is your family pro your choices to be kind and nice
and or not eat meat

I don't really have a family anymore lol.
My Uncle and I are cool on most days.
I am a proud omnivore. No vegetable or steak is safe from me.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:15 am
As a conservationist I am very anti peta.

Peta is the terriorists of the conservation world. The attack businesses, protest/picket/cause issues and destruction to property.

Conservation only works when both sides get togather and find various mediums to mitigate or reduce the damage. By doing what peta does, all the do is prevent any level of change actually happening.

Aka, they have a nice idea but go about it the worst way possible. I would equate it to the early christian crusades....."Oh what....you dont believe in jesus....thats okay I will just kill you then".....Sure it reduces the number of non-believers...but it dosent actually help the cause.

Why do you hate sharks? Sharks are beautiful peaceful creatures that are wildly misunderstood, almost all shark attacks (if not all) are the fault of the person attacked (Usually because they are dressed in some way that resembles a seal....often using some kind of board). I have swam with a few species of shark, if you let them be, they will let you be.

I am a massive advocate of human treatment of all animals, much more than I care about the treatment of people. (I am kind of a antihumanist). I majored in behavioural ecology because I want to be able to work in a captive animal management place that works with endangered and threatened species, whist improving the lives of the animals from a behavioural angle (Most zoos dont meet all the animals behavioural needs). But I do believe zoos are essential not only for species survival plans/management plans, but also for using certain animals as ambassadors for species management and conservation.

I too am very much a omnivore. Although I believe in ethical farming (Minimal needs of the stock being met, including space/diet/kill method/transportation etc.) Where possible I try to make ethical food choices. But meat is a important part of the human diet, and I can assure you that farming methods for many crops are just as bad. If you read any food labels and see "palm oil/modified palm starch/palm kernal/pretty much palm anything" which is ALOT of products. The you are activly supporting the killing of Rhinos/Orangutan/Tigers/etc. This is one you can activly research yourself and I encourage it. Infact if you eat any processed foods...you are probally consuming many bad for the environment products.

Other irks of mine = Bottled water (Seriously one of the worst inventions ever ignoring places without safe water). Anything that uses styrofoam. Not recycling or composting etc etc.

So I am ANTI-Peta because I love animals and animal rights. And I am omnivore because I actually understand a lot more about farming and product growth and marketing than most people. Also....often meat replacement products are just as bad.....like Soy....Is often farmed in really bad ways. So if you are vege, I hope you choose "responsible soy" This is something you can google easily.

I am pro choice, and encourage people to understand thier decisions, as opposed to telling them what to do. Telling people what to do, will only end negativly. But educating people of food choices/alternatives and encouraging and fostering better food choices can make a difference.

Although I talk negitivly about peta, they arent the only conservational terriorists. Groups like greenpeace, or similar can be just as bad. I support positive change. But any form of attack....never helps peace...unless you can overthrow the overside, and that will never happen in the conservational side with attacks.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

fabulously fruity

Wheezing Gawker

4,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:14 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
You hate nature??? O.o

we breathe another bodies waste... trees... that just seems a gross system to me...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:17 am
i really am reading your responses... i just am also watching a 50 k posting contest thats about to end... i am low energy too right now... but keep responding im interested  

fabulously fruity

Wheezing Gawker

4,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:46 am
to be honest, i think this world is as cruel as it needs to be: Survival of the Fittest. i don't know why it would affect you so much as to cry for cruelty. We all do what we do to survive.

As for what you said earlier: your bodily processes which you say you dislike? The body functions to match the environment we live in. For example, you're breathing in oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide; the carbon dioxide is used in photosynthesis by the trees, while it gives us oxygen to breathe. We live in a symbiotic surrounding, where we all give and take; however, that does not mean that i like watching people take down acres of trees for paper, or just watch a bunch of paper not go recycled.

WE HUMANS NEED MEAT TO SURVIVE, not meat supplements, or whatever it is. WE weren't born to digest plants, our bodies are not fit to digest vegetation. We don't have the necessary enzymes to break down plant walls.

animal cruelty: what about violence within humans? Does that make you cry too? As much as animals are important, people are too. i know that seeing animals hurt, hurts me as well, but not to the point where i cry about it a lot. Cringe, yes, but not cry. i agree with sagebomb on the PETA thing tho.

SHARKS ARE BEAUTIFUL. Have you ever watched one? Shark Week is a tribute to these majestic creatures of the sea. They do what they can to survive. Without sharks, underwater populations would increase and there would be no control over their breeding. Without meat eating, then animal populations would skyrocket and overtake humans. Once again, we live in a symbiotic society: give and take.

i live positively in a way where i am content with how i live. i eat meat and i am proud. the stance my friends, family and i take on this subject is neutral.

there is no way to control human nature. yes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:36 pm
rawr i is mr.ms. shark  

Brieyxo123

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:32 pm
tanqela

WE HUMANS NEED MEAT TO SURVIVE, not meat supplements, or whatever it is. WE weren't born to digest plants, our bodies are not fit to digest vegetation. We don't have the necessary enzymes to break down plant walls.

Not to debate you...but.

I would argue against this as well. Although we dont have the right enzymes to break down cellulose, we are not carnivores, we are omnivores. We need a balanced ammount of both (Actually meat is really high value food, and we need much more fibre based food than pure protien, so we do need a lot of plant matter for a wide variety of things, although we cant break down cellulose, we can still get a huge ammount of nutritional value from plants including fibre, vitamins, minerals, certain fatty acids etc.). Everything about our anatomy screams omnivore.

Also most animals that are herbivores cant break down cellulose either. That is part of the reason that the must graze constantly, because they are getting very little energetic value out of the food, and must counter that by constantly eating (Of course certain cud chewing mammals (ruminants) do have certain bacteria, and swallow regurgitate to break down as much as they can, but even then they only break down a fraction of that cellulose).

Further on the meat or not scale there are many old tribes that were not meat eating, and get most of thier protiens from plant material and insects. I honestly believe that insects are the awnser to many of our current sustainability issues (Like how much water it takes to actually make a burger E.g [X], [X] most people dont really think about the water cost of farming, or other life areas but every day you are consuming thousands of litres of water in the food you eat). Thats not even considering the other energetic costs and resource use in agriculture, transportation, marketing and sales.

Back to the insects, insects can be farmed easily, have a low resource need, high breeding turnover, high protien value, and can easily be made into burgers and such in similar ways to soy burgers. The problem is getting people to get over thier fears and find a way to market it to people.

But all in short, we dont need meat we neet protiens/fats/oils. Meat is just a high value source of these. (Remember Im not anti meat, I love meat, but I do believe there are better ways to make and produce the essential protiens and such than what we are doing now).  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:39 pm
i really am planning on reading all of your responses, but i haven't gotten to the long ones yet because i have a short attention span that im working on making better... keep up the responses, i don't have many people i talk with often and i love comparing opinions, i think it helps me really know what i feel think and believe... thank you  

fabulously fruity

Wheezing Gawker

4,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100

fabulously fruity

Wheezing Gawker

4,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:41 pm
change-0
i really am reading your responses... i just am also watching a 50 k posting contest thats about to end... i am low energy too right now... but keep responding im interested

i lost the contest i was watching but the winner bought me an expensive plushie i wanted i feel super lucky  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games