Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Today in the life of me...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

POLL
  Hey c:
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:23 pm
I sliced my finger open nearly to the bone today on a 28 inch pizza knife.
It was almost kind of funny in hindsight since I don't freak out much when I'm hurt, so I'm just like bleeding over the trashcan at work and one of my dudes is like, "WOAH WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"Demonstrating how to not use a knife."

So now I've got this super glue filled injury and I can barely type.
Kitchens are fun. <== Not sarcasm.

<3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:54 am
o.o s**t. That sucks. I'm glad you enjoy your life in the kitchen though. You tough cookie.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:58 am
if it were me, i'd be balling my eyes out... i hate getting hurt  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:09 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
o.o s**t. That sucks. I'm glad you enjoy your life in the kitchen though. You tough cookie.

Yeah, it's more just because it's inconvenient though more than anything.
The WORST thing in the kitchen that's ever happened to me was when I clotheslined myself on a prep station.

It was horrible. gonk

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:10 am
tanqela

Awww :c
It didn't really hurt, it was just one of those things that was like "My finger feels...odd."

I'm kinda indifferent about getting hurt, but I guess that comes with my track record lol.

Your avatar is super cute by the way. c:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:27 am
Citrus Novii
tanqela

Awww :c
It didn't really hurt, it was just one of those things that was like "My finger feels...odd."

I'm kinda indifferent about getting hurt, but I guess that comes with my track record lol.

Your avatar is super cute by the way. c:

your avatar is super cute too!
that's both a blessing and a curse, yo. o n o  

hoenest

Darling

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:00 pm
Citrus Novii
. <==3 Not sarcasm.

<3

Sooooo immature...

Yeah sorry been around kids to much...

Anyways, yeah definitly I know peeps in our kitchens are prone to cuts and burns and what nots.

Luckily as long as I do my job right there are no injurys in my area....of course if I mess up...yeah....you just cant mess up on ropes XD.

Sounds kinda like when I was a kid I was really accident prone, so I was used to when I was bleeding just walking to the office.

One day when I was 6 I managed to get smacked in the forehead with a metal baseball bat, it hurt, but my reaction was basically just to check for blood which I saw dripping...and then just walked to the office...that was six stiches XD.

I learnt not to react to injurys to much quite young XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:55 pm
Citrus Novii

The WORST thing in the kitchen that's ever happened to me was when I clotheslined myself on a prep station.

It was horrible. gonk

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?

Jeez. You gotta be more careful. >.<

And I've been good. Just enjoying my last month of summer vacation before school starts up again. Its so weird I'm entering into my senior year. x.x  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:30 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii
. <==3 Not sarcasm.

<3

Sooooo immature...

Yeah sorry been around kids to much...

Anyways, yeah definitly I know peeps in our kitchens are prone to cuts and burns and what nots.

Luckily as long as I do my job right there are no injurys in my area....of course if I mess up...yeah....you just cant mess up on ropes XD.

Sounds kinda like when I was a kid I was really accident prone, so I was used to when I was bleeding just walking to the office.

One day when I was 6 I managed to get smacked in the forehead with a metal baseball bat, it hurt, but my reaction was basically just to check for blood which I saw dripping...and then just walked to the office...that was six stiches XD.

I learnt not to react to injurys to much quite young XD

I didn't even realize I did that lol.

I'm pretty fortunate that I have thick callouses on my fingers, so stuff doesn't really burn me.

We're similar then, but I never got over the accident prone stuff.
I trip over stuff, and blah blah all the time. gonk
I used to freak out when I got hurt, to be honest. But certain events in my life have made me really tolerant to pain now, so it's easier for me to keep a level head when I'm hurt and just be like. "...Damn. Need a bandaid."

A bat? D:
Ow.

Best childhood injury of mine?
Riding my bike into a tree and getting stuck in it, then having to walk home with a ripped up shirt, a broken bike, and covered in blood. My grandmother absolutely FLIPPED s**t.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:31 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Citrus Novii

It was horrible. gonk

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?

Jeez. You gotta be more careful. >.<

And I've been good. Just enjoying my last month of summer vacation before school starts up again. Its so weird I'm entering into my senior year. x.x

I try! Swear!

Ooooo~
Well congratulations then! What cha gonna do when you you graduate? Or are you just going to float around and see what happens? c:  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:24 am
Citrus Novii

I'm pretty fortunate that I have thick callouses on my fingers, so stuff doesn't really burn me.

I used to freak out when I got hurt, to be honest. But certain events in my life have made me really tolerant to pain now, so it's easier for me to keep a level head when I'm hurt and just be like. "...Damn. Need a bandaid."

A bat? D:
Ow.

Riding my bike into a tree and getting stuck in it, then having to walk home with a ripped up shirt, a broken bike, and covered in blood. My grandmother absolutely FLIPPED s**t.

XD I added the 3....Im the immature one XD..... :blush:

My hands the are definitly ropes hands, so they are used to the sort of areas rope runs through them, so I can definitly handle the odd rope burn or two. But my fingers definitly arent cooking burn ready.

I basically taught myself to not really acknowlege pain, and even if something really hurts, you just suck it up and move on. (Except the few times Ive injured myself enough to not actually be able to move in any form for a short while).

Indeed, we were playing teeball at lunchtime, and I was on the batting side, and the people lining up to bat were pushing closer and closer to the batter, and then when I was next we had pushed basically right next to the batter, and well the person batting was one of the oldest kids in the primary school....and also one of the most sporty...so he hit really hard, and I was caught out by the follow through....*shrugs* it was a valuable lesson XD.

Broken bone, I have been lucky enough to not have any of those, luckily all my injurys have been skin or muscle based (or within joints). But yeah blood stains are annoying.

I have learnt to mostly avoid accidents, like when I trip I almost always recover now which is pretty good ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:28 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

A bat? D:
Ow.

XD I added the 3....Im the immature one XD..... :blush:

My hands the are definitly ropes hands, so they are used to the sort of areas rope runs through them, so I can definitly handle the odd rope burn or two. But my fingers definitly arent cooking burn ready.

I basically taught myself to not really acknowlege pain, and even if something really hurts, you just suck it up and move on. (Except the few times Ive injured myself enough to not actually be able to move in any form for a short while).

Indeed, we were playing teeball at lunchtime, and I was on the batting side, and the people lining up to bat were pushing closer and closer to the batter, and then when I was next we had pushed basically right next to the batter, and well the person batting was one of the oldest kids in the primary school....and also one of the most sporty...so he hit really hard, and I was caught out by the follow through....*shrugs* it was a valuable lesson XD.

Broken bone, I have been lucky enough to not have any of those, luckily all my injurys have been skin or muscle based (or within joints). But yeah blood stains are annoying.

I have learnt to mostly avoid accidents, like when I trip I almost always recover now which is pretty good ^_^

..Oh. You.
:P

I had rope burn once.
I would not experience it again if I had the choice and that wasn't even like the tough stuff that you'd use for climbing or anything. gonk
I wanted to cut my hands off.

I've only been that hurt a couple of times myself. I mentioned in a response to sleepy that I clothes lined myself on a prep station at work. I just laid there with my eyes closed for like a solid five minutes.

More seriously, I have a bad back, so landing like I did meant I couldn't really walk when I got home. I had to use my grandmother's cane for a few days or crawl everywhere.

I've only broken my ankle and that was bad enough! Major SUCKAGE.

I try to recover when I trip. XD
I usually just look goofy though.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:12 am
Citrus Novii

..Oh. You.

I had rope burn once.
I would not experience it again if I had the choice and that wasn't even like the tough stuff that you'd use for climbing or anything. gonk

I've only been that hurt a couple of times myself. I mentioned in a response to sleepy that I clothes lined myself on a prep station at work. I just laid there with my eyes closed for like a solid five minutes.

More seriously, I have a bad back, so landing like I did meant I couldn't really walk when I got home. I had to use my grandmother's cane for a few days or crawl everywhere.

Yeah :blush:

XD, I have had a fair ammount of it. Not too much though, usually you only get rope burn if you make a mistake (Aka, have kept the rope tight and someone slips) or you need to catch a rope or etc.

Most of my rope burns are more catching the rope that other should have tight as opposed to my own.

One of my most painful injurys was at the gym, when only using a ~5lb weight. I twisted when putting it back on the rack and agrivated a minor strain I had already had on my SI joint....but really threw it out this time dropping myself to the ground in instand agony. From there is took a lot of pain to get up and get to the health center. And then for the next couple weeks it was agony to do things as simple as stand up or sit down...and sleeping was a pain. But tis all good.

Another time which really sucked was when I was mountain boarding and flying down hill, hit a bump (I guess I should say I was amature riding it was only my second time, and I suck on boards), and the way I flew I landed as first point of contact on my tail bone....and that left me short term paralyzed as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:27 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

..Oh. You.

I had rope burn once.

Yeah :blush:

XD, I have had a fair ammount of it. Not too much though, usually you only get rope burn if you make a mistake (Aka, have kept the rope tight and someone slips) or you need to catch a rope or etc.

Most of my rope burns are more catching the rope that other should have tight as opposed to my own.

One of my most painful injurys was at the gym, when only using a ~5lb weight. I twisted when putting it back on the rack and agrivated a minor strain I had already had on my SI joint....but really threw it out this time dropping myself to the ground in instand agony. From there is took a lot of pain to get up and get to the health center. And then for the next couple weeks it was agony to do things as simple as stand up or sit down...and sleeping was a pain. But tis all good.

Another time which really sucked was when I was mountain boarding and flying down hill, hit a bump (I guess I should say I was amature riding it was only my second time, and I suck on boards), and the way I flew I landed as first point of contact on my tail bone....and that left me short term paralyzed as well.

What do you mean? Like checking other people's ropes? Or stopping them from hurtling to their death with the quick grasp of a quickly depleting rope supply.
[/flair for the dramatic]

UGH NO. NOT GOOD.
Any kind of strain hurts like a b***h and will never be okay lol.
Especially in the lower back region like that, (once again, slowest computer on the face of the planet. From what I remember from anatomy class that's in the hip region or something).

Once when I was asleep I guess I twisted wrong or something and had this HORRIFYING muscle pain. No idea what caused it, still don't so I can't even give an anecdote lol. It sucked breathing for a day or two after though. It was like someone stabbed me.

DUDE.
That looks cool and kind of scary at the same time. Was it a fall that was so high up like on the picture?

I'm using a lot of caps this morning.
LOTS OF YELLING TODAY. whee  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:32 am
Citrus Novii

What do you mean? Like checking other people's ropes? Or stopping them from hurtling to their death with the quick grasp of a quickly depleting rope supply.
[/flair for the dramatic]

UGH NO. NOT GOOD.
Any kind of strain hurts like a b***h and will never be okay lol.
Especially in the lower back region like that, (once again, slowest computer on the face of the planet. From what I remember from anatomy class that's in the hip region or something).

Once when I was asleep I guess I twisted wrong or something and had this HORRIFYING muscle pain. No idea what caused it, still don't so I can't even give an anecdote lol. It sucked breathing for a day or two after though. It was like someone stabbed me.

DUDE.
That looks cool and kind of scary at the same time. Was it a fall that was so high up like on the picture?

I'm using a lot of caps this morning.
LOTS OF YELLING TODAY. whee

yeah when someone else is belaying and has lost focus and Ive had to catch one of thier mistakes....and ropes dosent have room for mistakes. But part of my job as ropes manager is to not only make sure everything I do is right, but constantly watch others and make sure they are doing everything right as well. And usually they do, but you need to be aware that...if you are tired...chances are your staff are too, and thats when you need to focus even more to make sure no one makes any mistakes. So yeah...grabbing hurtling depleating rope...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
yeah lower back where the back joins the hip. Its one of the most common back pain/injury areas....one of the bad design areas.

Nah it wasnt really extreme at all, it was just on the hill side in a area called diamond harbour (though not on the sea like that, the hill I was on was like a good 3-4 minute drive from the sea (So mountainboarding down the hill just ended on flat paddock ground)....still was pretty fast though, and still definitly hurt.

XD its all good it happens.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff