Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have some gold
  Thanks
View Results

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:36 pm
Hey everyone, for the past little while I have been thinking on getting myself a 3DS, but what I wanna know is... what's your personal opinion about this console?

Also don't recommend anything like the Vita, PS3, or the Xbox because I am not interested in them( I have a PS3).  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:22 pm
It's okay I guess, there aren't very many interesting games on it. I don't really play it any more. I was planning on getting mine later into the 3DS' life but then KH was released so I got it early for that. Now I only touch it if I'm wanting to play KH. So if I were you, I'd wait a while. Oh and if you're buying it for the 3D gimmick don't bother, I've never used it.

iEatSeaSaltIceCream

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:40 pm
I'd say yes, I really love mine but there are some things you should consider...

Does it have at least 5 games (3DS not DS) you want to play on it? Do you care if there are a lot of people around for the streetpass function to work? So you care if the 3DS has a shorter battery than the 3DS XL (is fixable with a battery pack, but some still consider it a problem)?

I'd say if you have a yes to all of them than go for it ^^ Also, if you do decided to get one, I'd upgrade the DS card for games, DLC and pictures (for in game and out)...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:55 pm
iEatSeaSaltIceCream
It's okay I guess, there aren't very many interesting games on it. I don't really play it any more. I was planning on getting mine later into the 3DS' life but then KH was released so I got it early for that. Now I only touch it if I'm wanting to play KH. So if I were you, I'd wait a while. Oh and if you're buying it for the 3D gimmick don't bother, I've never used it.

Yep, I was debating between 3ds and vita. I went with 3ds because of the new kingdom hearts game. After I beat that game twice, my 3ds turned into a brick, unless i'm doing extra things in kingdom hearts. I have a ps3 and I love it it's my pride and joy. I justified my purchase by playing an hour of gametime for every dollar i spent. dollar for an hour of entertainment is worth it to me even if it's only one game. the easy answer is if you are into pokemon animal crossing fire emblem mario stuff like that than go for it. otherwise be very wary, i only bought because kh is my favorite series ever. I easily could of turned that cash into like 4 or 5 ps3 games.  

TheOnlyAdventChild
Crew

Poeden

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:51 am
Sexually Delicious
Well I have a 360, PS3, 3DS and a gaming PC.

I can definately say, the 3DS is a million times better than the PS3. I've had my PS3 about a year longer and my 3DS has seen about 60 more hours of gametime. It's pretty sad actually lol
It isn't sad considering that's only based on your opinion. If you actually total the number of successful and popular games on PS3 as opposed to the successful and popular games on 3DS, the 3DS looks horrible by comparison. Not to mention the 3DS'... disappointing sales for the system itself so far.

As for the OP... I haven't really had much exposure to the 3DS so far. My girlfriend and I plan to get one soon, just for Pokemon X & Y. That said, there -are- some other games we're interested in... just not too many. It barely justifies the purchase of a 3DS, to be honest... but we're fine with it.  
Dark legion movement (Nintendo)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games