Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Home alone :c Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

butts!
  New favorite word lol.
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:43 pm
Quiet house is quiet. :<
You know I'm still not used to it lol.

Those last couple of months were HELL. So much so I don't really like talking about it, granted, I live under a rock now so I don't really have a social life off of the internet anymore so that's kind of whatever.

But, it's still just REALLY quiet.
My uncle is with his girlfriend, and since the whole thing with Ronnie went to shizz because of him (I'm convinced, no talking me out of it. We're still together though. Just LDR again) I'm like SUPER BUTT HURT when I hear she's in town.

Butts.
I'm good. Just venting. c:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:35 pm
Venting is all good. Im not a overly social person...a good night out for me is a night in with a friend or two.

Although work wise I always have really social jobs, after work I like to kinda hide when I can. But here I am definitly forced into a lot more social type things. (Like "town nights" (aka lets go drink and dance nights).  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:08 pm
Sagebomb
Venting is all good. Im not a overly social person...a good night out for me is a night in with a friend or two.

Although work wise I always have really social jobs, after work I like to kinda hide when I can. But here I am definitly forced into a lot more social type things. (Like "town nights" (aka lets go drink and dance nights).
I'm not really social either. I, similarly am kind of forced to be social. But it's more because I'm the owner and peeps waant to taalk to me lol.

I don't have a lot of IRL friends, just three and I'm good with that but I haave no time for them so when I miss out I get kind of sad. But you know my grandmother died and that was six months ago, I've seen no one I know in that time so I'm kind of itching to talk about all of the stuff thaat's been haaapppening.
But whatevs. I'll have time to meet people eventually. I can't let it get me too down.

Been working on that. C:

sorry for any typos im on my shitty butt phone.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:13 pm
You still alone and stuff? You should IM me on Facebook or somethin' =B I'm always on on my phone.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

fabulously fruity

Wheezing Gawker

4,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:54 am
i have no idea whats going on sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:39 pm
Citrus Novii
I'm not really social either. I, similarly am kind of forced to be social. But it's more because I'm the owner and peeps waant to taalk to me lol.

I don't have a lot of IRL friends, just three and I'm good with that but I haave no time for them so when I miss out I get kind of sad. But you know my grandmother died and that was six months ago, I've seen no one I know in that time so I'm kind of itching to talk about all of the stuff thaat's been haaapppening.
But whatevs. I'll have time to meet people eventually. I can't let it get me too down.

Been working on that. C:

Indeed, if you can establish a relationship with customers, it means they are more likly to return. And if you get customers coming say once a week...over a few years that really pays off. Also on a cost gain ratio, its kind of expensive to gain new customers (advertsing and what not), but its usually quite cheap to maintain a customer (aka just give good service, and let them know you value them).

Thats true, yeah when I was home for a few months between my last contract and this one there was only one friend I caught up with. And that pretty much includes irl and online (in terms of people I know back home).

In terms of people I stay in touch with, I do stay in touch more with people in this guild than people I know from elsewhere in the guild.

If I was in you neck of the woods I would totally love to meet up for some coffee chats.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:19 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
You still alone and stuff? You should IM me on Facebook or somethin' =B I'm always on on my phone.

I totes forgot that I have your number. xD
My uncle is back in the house so I'm coolio, but I'M GONNA MESSAGE YOU ANYWAY (when I have something to talk about, alas, I am the bores gonk )  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:39 pm
change-0
i have no idea whats going on sweatdrop

It's really a very long story that's been on going for the last five years or so.

But to kind of sum up the point of my post...

My grandmother raised me from infancy, she was my mother in many ways when I didn't have one. Her liver had been failing for many years. Last year a doctor gave her three months to live. She lasted for five, but then died after two months of being cared for primarily by me. I cleaned her, after her, cooked for her, etc. It was really the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

About six months ago, after yelling for the home-health nurses that something was wrong with her, the lady that helped me bathe her told me that she was dying. Her flesh was mottling, the reason she was cold was not normal, and that she would not last the night.

I stayed up with her that ENTIRE night, holding her hand, and then she died.

I'm bitter towards my uncle because he left that night. I told him what the nurses said, and he was still in such denial that he left me there alone to deal with the funeral home, and to watch them take her away.

I'm still a little messed up from it.
So it's weird that the house is quiet.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:53 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Been working on that. C:

Indeed, if you can establish a relationship with customers, it means they are more likly to return. And if you get customers coming say once a week...over a few years that really pays off. Also on a cost gain ratio, its kind of expensive to gain new customers (advertsing and what not), but its usually quite cheap to maintain a customer (aka just give good service, and let them know you value them).

Thats true, yeah when I was home for a few months between my last contract and this one there was only one friend I caught up with. And that pretty much includes irl and online (in terms of people I know back home).

In terms of people I stay in touch with, I do stay in touch more with people in this guild than people I know from elsewhere in the guild.

If I was in you neck of the woods I would totally love to meet up for some coffee chats.

Truth - It's especially true for us it feels like since we can't really afford too much advertising right now since summer is winding down. So we've (my uncle and I) put all of ourselves into the idea that "Sure we may not be as big and cheap as the chains. But we're Texas Style, bigger better pizza, faster more satisfying service." It's part of the reason we're there all of the time actually, so that customers have the consistency of the food as well as seeing the same faces behind the counter. It's pretty cool actually.

I can dig it.
I check in here a lot, but I'm a little sporadic in the times I'm reachable and when I'm not. But I've got Goldie's numba and DMS and I are pen pals, and I've got facebook for the determined people who would ever want to talk to me.

Is it ever weird for you to go back home? :/
I mean, you've been away from NZ for like a year now? Is it ever like, "Okay I'm ready to jam out again." In a few days, or is it more like I dunno, a recharge?

Quote:

Hold you to it!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:58 am
Citrus Novii

Truth - It's especially true for us it feels like since we can't really afford too much advertising right now since summer is winding down. So we've (my uncle and I) put all of ourselves into the idea that "Sure we may not be as big and cheap as the chains. But we're Texas Style, bigger better pizza, faster more satisfying service." It's part of the reason we're there all of the time actually, so that customers have the consistency of the food as well as seeing the same faces behind the counter. It's pretty cool actually.

I can dig it.
I check in here a lot, but I'm a little sporadic in the times I'm reachable and when I'm not. But I've got Goldie's numba and DMS and I are pen pals, and I've got facebook for the determined people who would ever want to talk to me.

I mean, you've been away from NZ for like a year now? Is it ever like, "Okay I'm ready to jam out again." In a few days, or is it more like I dunno, a recharge?

Hold you to it!

Exactly...its easy to try and do what others do...but to try and win customers by giving them something else they get elsewhere is a losing battle. You need to know why customers would choose you over others and act more on that.

Like if one of your customers was hanging out with a group of friends, and one said...."we should get pizza" what would your customer say? would they say...."We should get novii pizza...because novii pizza......xxxyyyzzz" Knowing the xyzs means you can build on that....word of mouth is the best advertising without a doubt (and can make or break a business depending on whats being said).

Yeah true story, I try to get on when I can, but I too am often quite busy.

Well I was home from the end of last year til april this year, so that was one of my longest stints at home for a while. Sadly in that time I couldnt find work, even though I applied a lot and had several interviews and signed up with a temping agency. So being home I felt kinda akward but mainly just because I wasnt working...and was just eating through savings (luckily I was able to bludge food and board off my parents).

But yeah I dont really feel connected to "home" so much anymore. Like I love NZ will always talk good of it and recomend it to others. But when Im there I dont get the "this is where I belong" feeling.

If I found the right job I would easily be able to fully emmigrate...and thats what Im actually kind of hoping to do.

And sounds good. Im always after a good coffee (not just average coffee like starbucks....but good independant well brewed coffee). Hope you know where to find some ^_^  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:19 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

I can dig it.

Hold you to it!

Exactly...its easy to try and do what others do...but to try and win customers by giving them something else they get elsewhere is a losing battle. You need to know why customers would choose you over others and act more on that.

Like if one of your customers was hanging out with a group of friends, and one said...."we should get pizza" what would your customer say? would they say...."We should get novii pizza...because novii pizza......xxxyyyzzz" Knowing the xyzs means you can build on that....word of mouth is the best advertising without a doubt (and can make or break a business depending on whats being said).

Yeah true story, I try to get on when I can, but I too am often quite busy.

Well I was home from the end of last year til april this year, so that was one of my longest stints at home for a while. Sadly in that time I couldnt find work, even though I applied a lot and had several interviews and signed up with a temping agency. So being home I felt kinda akward but mainly just because I wasnt working...and was just eating through savings (luckily I was able to bludge food and board off my parents).

But yeah I dont really feel connected to "home" so much anymore. Like I love NZ will always talk good of it and recomend it to others. But when Im there I dont get the "this is where I belong" feeling.

If I found the right job I would easily be able to fully emmigrate...and thats what Im actually kind of hoping to do.

And sounds good. Im always after a good coffee (not just average coffee like starbucks....but good independant well brewed coffee). Hope you know where to find some ^_^

Very true. Like, in Mfalls we have actually quite a few pizza places. Bella Sara (slightly uncasual middle class Italian), Pizza Hut, Papa Murphys, Chili's (though....ew lol), Dominoes, Papa Joe's (or something like that), H.E.B. a grocery store chain sells Pizza for dirt on some days, On the Rocks, Hole in One, and us, Pizza Mia.

What makes us and them so different is our service yes, but we also have a lot of things that they don't have. Such as sun dried tomatoes, fresh vs. canned jalapenos (we have both), fresh basil, feta cheese, pastas made with love, sauces made from scratch in house, soup de jour, fresh salads, of course the distinct Texan attitude of Texan Natives serving the community and being proud to do so.

But when we purchased the business, the restaurant was in dire straits reputation wise. My old boss hated the restaurant, and was foolish enough to let me a 17 year old kid train everyone and at that time, I will admit, I had no idea what I was honestly doing and neither did she. There was stealing, rudeness to the customers, and all we've been hearing since my uncle and I really started to get our feet in the much of that is how much better everything is. Our numbers have increased by thousands since then, and I feel like we're well on our way to the two of us finally getting a paycheck maybe in a few years. 3nodding

gonk Sorry, I could talk about my restaurant forEVER.

I can understand that, 3nodding
I know you travel a lot and that's something I've always wondered. Eventually the perfect job will come up. c:

Do you still want to eventually move to the US?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:06 am
Citrus Novii

Very true. Like, in Mfalls we have actually quite a few pizza places. Bella Sara (slightly uncasual middle class Italian), Pizza Hut, Papa Murphys, Chili's (though....ew lol), Dominoes, Papa Joe's (or something like that), H.E.B. a grocery store chain sells Pizza for dirt on some days, On the Rocks, Hole in One, and us, Pizza Mia.

What makes us and them so different is our service yes, but we also have a lot of things that they don't have. Such as sun dried tomatoes, fresh vs. canned jalapenos (we have both), fresh basil, feta cheese, pastas made with love, sauces made from scratch in house, soup de jour, fresh salads, of course the distinct Texan attitude of Texan Natives serving the community and being proud to do so.

But when we purchased the business, the restaurant was in dire straits reputation wise. My old boss hated the restaurant, and was foolish enough to let me a 17 year old kid train everyone and at that time, I will admit, I had no idea what I was honestly doing and neither did she. There was stealing, rudeness to the customers, and all we've been hearing since my uncle and I really started to get our feet in the much of that is how much better everything is. Our numbers have increased by thousands since then, and I feel like we're well on our way to the two of us finally getting a paycheck maybe in a few years. 3nodding

I know you travel a lot and that's something I've always wondered. Eventually the perfect job will come up. c:

Saying you have the best service is something a lot of places will try and claim (and do even if it isnt true). Are there any pizza awards for the area, fan choice awards etc? any other ways to gain recognition if you were to win? But I am glad you pride yourself on service. Its something thats very important to me too. Definitly having stuff others cant offer is a great thing.

So....describe your meatiest pizza?

Yep money and business often take quite a long time to line up. And no worries I love hearing about it. Seriously.

Yeah I certainly do, but I am looking to settle down at the same time now. I would love if the US was actually a option, but visa wise I just cant do it. Unless I eventually get lucky on the green card lottery. Or marry a american or such.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:42 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Saying you have the best service is something a lot of places will try and claim (and do even if it isnt true). Are there any pizza awards for the area, fan choice awards etc? any other ways to gain recognition if you were to win? But I am glad you pride yourself on service. Its something thats very important to me too. Definitly having stuff others cant offer is a great thing.

So....describe your meatiest pizza?

Yep money and business often take quite a long time to line up. And no worries I love hearing about it. Seriously.

Yeah I certainly do, but I am looking to settle down at the same time now. I would love if the US was actually a option, but visa wise I just cant do it. Unless I eventually get lucky on the green card lottery. Or marry a american or such.

You mean like the choice award on my front door?
BAM!

I'll take a pic later or something, but basically everyone in the two counties (Burnet and Llano) and voted, we're also members of the HSBBA (Horseshoe Bay Business Alliance) and are constantly the only restaurant there who passes out free food like our Bruschetta, or stuffed portabella cap.

Our meatiest pizza is definitely our Meatza Mia, with tomato sauce, whole milk mozzarella cheese, with double portions of spicy pepperoni and in hand cooked and crumbled italian sausage, along with double portions of canadian bacon and in house made ground beef. It's actually my favorite. 3nodding

Is it not an option because of the work visa's constrictions? Like what would happen if you went joy riding over the border or something, would you be deported back to Canada or back to NZ?

Yeah, my grandmother told me about getting a green card when her husband and self came over seas. They were lucky, I'm not sure if they were allowed in because of bringing their furniture business with them, or they just waited on a list for a long time. But that was back in 1966 so, I'm sure the immigration laws were different then too.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:41 am
Citrus Novii

You mean like the choice award on my front door?
BAM!

I'll take a pic later or something, but basically everyone in the two counties (Burnet and Llano) and voted, we're also members of the HSBBA (Horseshoe Bay Business Alliance) and are constantly the only restaurant there who passes out free food like our Bruschetta, or stuffed portabella cap.

Our meatiest pizza is definitely our Meatza Mia, with tomato sauce, whole milk mozzarella cheese, with double portions of spicy pepperoni and in hand cooked and crumbled italian sausage, along with double portions of canadian bacon and in house made ground beef. It's actually my favorite. 3nodding

Is it not an option because of the work visa's constrictions? Like what would happen if you went joy riding over the border or something, would you be deported back to Canada or back to NZ?

Yeah, my grandmother told me about getting a green card when her husband and self came over seas. They were lucky, I'm not sure if they were allowed in because of bringing their furniture business with them, or they just waited on a list for a long time. But that was back in 1966 so, I'm sure the immigration laws were different then too.

Yep awesome, the more of those you can get the better, especially if the cover wider areas...like best independant pizza in TX would be epic...(you are independant right? not part of any chains).

You make your own ground beef? What do you mean when you say that? But it does sound like a great pizza.

Yes purely work visas. I cant afford to live in the states if I cant work (or I cant stay unlimited). I do have a C1D visa which allows me to pass through if I am leaving on the same day. As well as a B1 which allows me to visit for the reasons of tourism or business (But not work). The B1 is good for about another 5 years and allows me to say kinda long periods if I need to (Like a month or three) but I wouldnt stay much longer on it, because I wouldnt want to look like I am abusing the visas....because that can hurt my visa status in the future should I figure out a way to get a green card or something. But yeah if I came to visit you at some point...I could just do it now. (of course I cant financially or job resposibility wise atm though)  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:14 am
Sagebomb

Yep awesome, the more of those you can get the better, especially if the cover wider areas...like best independant pizza in TX would be epic...(you are independant right? not part of any chains).

You make your own ground beef? What do you mean when you say that? But it does sound like a great pizza.

Yes purely work visas. I cant afford to live in the states if I cant work (or I cant stay unlimited). I do have a C1D visa which allows me to pass through if I am leaving on the same day. As well as a B1 which allows me to visit for the reasons of tourism or business (But not work). The B1 is good for about another 5 years and allows me to say kinda long periods if I need to (Like a month or three) but I wouldnt stay much longer on it, because I wouldnt want to look like I am abusing the visas....because that can hurt my visa status in the future should I figure out a way to get a green card or something. But yeah if I came to visit you at some point...I could just do it now. (of course I cant financially or job resposibility wise atm though)

I'm not really sure if there's anything statewide actually, the only food thing that's a huge deal here are like...BBQ festivals or chili, but we get invited to the Pizza Expo in Las Vegas every year, one day it'd be super cool to go to that. Even if a lot of the convention is a lot of hype and a bit of camp, there would be a lot of people there to take advice from.

We purchase the beef (we're in the process of getting a grinder, slicer, and dough mixer) and then we hand season it and cook it off in the oven for about thirty minutes so that it retains it's juices and doesn't get dry in our walk-in or prep station.

If you were to come visit it would require a lot of planning anyways lol, since we're both super busy people. c:
That stuff just sounds so complicated! gonk
Not that I think your an axe murderer or anything but what would happen if you committed a crime in another country? Would they deport you back to NZ or would you serve time on the soil of the country where the crime was committed? Or is that something fluid and depends on the circumstance?  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff