Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Travelling Experiences Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you travelled to China before?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 17 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 30

melonsoda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:09 pm
There hasn't really been a thread about travelling experiences, so I thought I'd post one up...

I've been to Asia a few times, so there's many little stories and funny experiences there... 3nodding

Anyway, let me share one of the experiences with you guys heart
(DISCLAIMER: If you're eating, or will eat very soon, i suggest maybe you should read it later... muhahahhaa)

Around 10 years ago, I visited Beijing, and of course, back then, everything wasn't as technology-advanced as it is today...
I went to the girl's washroom, and of course, the scene was not a good one. The washrooms were quite um... not nice, let's just put it at that...
THis is Beijing international airport we're talking about!

Anyway, here's the... er... "gross" part. In the toilet seat... there was a piece of Chinese choy (lettuce?) floating inside! And in my head, i was thinking... ew, gross... eek but I thought, heck, maybe somebody just threw their lunch down there without flushing, right? That could happen... I mean, the choy wasn't gross or eaten or anything, it was just floating there... it looks like any choy that you buy from the grocery... (kinda fresh too if you ask me)

So I decided to flush it away before using the toilet... and as I flushed it away... I saw the choy go down the toilet drain, but surprisingly... OUT POPS A NEW CHOY!!! domokun And there is was, lying in the water...

That's my experience... ok, maybe it wasn't that gross... but it was just funny, cuz ... I didn't expect that the airport will have Choy's in their toilet... i mean, inside... the toilet... sweatdrop Like, what do they use it for? Cheap replacement for toilet Freshner?

Now, I just tell my friend to put Choy in the toilet as freshner! (jokes jokes...) wink  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:19 pm
Haha, very weird and funny :p Wonder where they were coming from lol..  

CrimsonArrow

Ruxender

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:55 pm
i never been china but my gf did.i heard that most of the people go there will get thin(diet) when come back because the food there is suck?
i'm not sure i just heard. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:34 pm
Yuckss....that's disgusting.....hmph...
i wonder plan to go there have a visit or not.... crying  

kenzshinji

melonsoda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:53 pm
well, that is 10 years ago at least... so things are a bit better there probably whee

I mean, Shanghai really improved a lot, everything looks so high-tech there now, so i'm guessing Beijing probably changed a lot too within the 10 years...

As for the food in China... i mean, they're tasty and all, but maybe at some places, it's not that clean? it really depends on the location..  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:33 pm
melonsoda
well, that is 10 years ago at least... so things are a bit better there probably whee

I mean, Shanghai really improved a lot, everything looks so high-tech there now, so i'm guessing Beijing probably changed a lot too within the 10 years...

As for the food in China... i mean, they're tasty and all, but maybe at some places, it's not that clean? it really depends on the location..

Ic,...well then, guess that no harm having a visit there huh....
are people there nice ? i mean friendly to foreigner?  

kenzshinji

melonsoda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:19 am
well, i didn't have that good of an impression on China though...

my relatives and friends in China were of course nice to us, but strangers are not friendly people... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:51 am
I've been to Hong Kong before but never to mainland China. The food was nice, places were nice but it wasn't much of a holiday, more seeing relatives. xp  

Liambiam

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:04 pm
I would have to say that I have not been to China before. When I went to Hong Kong, it was still technically part of Great Britain. So, no, never to China. cool  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:44 pm
My only visit to China was a few years ago when I went to HK. I Also went once before HK was handed back to China from the Brits. I could go back there a million times and not be sick of it. I love traveling back to HK!! The only part that bothers me a little is my chinese isn't top nouch enough. I mean I can speak and understand it but I'm just not quite there. The language is so complex with all those different words that people use that mean the same thing basically. Anyways, I love HK!!  

Mingo Mui

melonsoda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:11 pm
I think HK is a great place for shopping, but it's not a place that I would enjoy living in, because there's just too many people, and the business world there is really competitive, everything about the "branding" game, where people have to wear brand name clothes, stuff like that..

And if you use the "fan ban (pirated)" stuff, you kinda get looked down on or something...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:52 pm
huh ? really ?
that's bad.....being looked if use pirated brand stuff... crying  

kenzshinji

melonsoda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:54 pm
kenzshinji
huh ? really ?

well, here in Canada, no body cares, cuz everybody loves using these pirated stuff... (frankly, even if they are using the REAL stuff, people will probably think it's fake anyways...)

in Hong Kong, i remember my sister was wearing a REAL brand name shirt, and someone actually had the guts to go to see the label on the back of her shirt to see if it was real... my goodness, it's just.... craaazy xp  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:24 pm
melonsoda
kenzshinji
huh ? really ?

well, here in Canada, no body cares, cuz everybody loves using these pirated stuff... (frankly, even if they are using the REAL stuff, people will probably think it's fake anyways...)

in Hong Kong, i remember my sister was wearing a REAL brand name shirt, and someone actually had the guts to go to see the label on the back of her shirt to see if it was real... my goodness, it's just.... craaazy xp

OMG! for me pirated or real stuff also no problem.as long as its a good stuff.  

Ruxender

kenzshinji

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:17 pm
melonsoda
kenzshinji
huh ? really ?

Goshh~~~really ? haha...izzit HK people are that "yin sat" ? (materialistic)
Sorry for saying so,...they more respect those those with high-class quality things with them...no matter clothes or brand...haihh...  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff