Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
I got a cortisone shot last week... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:12 am
...for the bursitis in my shoulder. It was preventing me from doing everything. I couldn't even lift a skillet to cook dinner in. O_O So I finally went in to get the shot, figuring I could get back to knitting and spinning and all that fun stuff. Well while the majority of the pain is gone, knitting and spinning make it come back. *sighs* If this keeps up over the next few days I'm going to email my doc and ask if I should come in to talk about what else can be done. I'm tired of being in pain. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:11 am
entervixen
...for the bursitis in my shoulder. I'm tired of being in pain. gonk
Ouch!
I hope something works soon for you!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:22 pm
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
Ouch!

Thanks. smile Thinking about messaging him (the doctor) Monday to ask what I should do. I think the next step is removal of the inflamed tissue, but I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:12 am
entervixen
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
Ouch!

Thanks. smile Thinking about messaging him (the doctor) Monday to ask what I should do. I think the next step is removal of the inflamed tissue, but I'm not sure.
Did he give you any exercises to try to help?
When I had an issue with my arm a few years ago (work related), they sent me to physical therapy and gave me exersices and stretches to do, which helped a lot.
Occasionally I still do them, if I feel a twinge starting.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:09 pm
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
Ouch!

Did he give you any exercises to try to help?
When I had an issue with my arm a few years ago (work related), they sent me to physical therapy and gave me exersices and stretches to do, which helped a lot.
Occasionally I still do them, if I feel a twinge starting.

Since the problem is chronic inflammation I don't think there is any sort of exercise I can do. But it's still worth a shot. After all, worse he can tell me is "no".  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:34 am
entervixen
Since the problem is chronic inflammation I don't think there is any sort of exercise I can do. But it's still worth a shot. After all, worse he can tell me is "no".
What they had me do was mostly very gentle stretching, from shoulder to hand, in different ways. It really did help reduce the swelling and pain.
Hopefully something like that could help you as well!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:52 pm
Well i was offline for almost a month, and in that time I found as long as I take regular breaks and pay attention to my posture and how I hold the knitting I can knit with no problems, hurray! Guess it just took a while to fully kick in.It still hurts after a full day of knitting, but nothing as bad as what brought me in to the doctor in the first place. Hurray for the little things. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:39 pm
entervixen
Well i was offline for almost a month, and in that time I found as long as I take regular breaks and pay attention to my posture and how I hold the knitting I can knit with no problems, hurray! Guess it just took a while to fully kick in.It still hurts after a full day of knitting, but nothing as bad as what brought me in to the doctor in the first place. Hurray for the little things. smile
Yay! That's good to hear.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:35 pm
Emm-Kaye
entervixen

Thanks. smile I'm quite relieved to find out I probably don't have to go back to the doctor, I feel like I live there sometimes. One of the downsides to getting old I guess, lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:43 pm
entervixen
Emm-Kaye
entervixen

Thanks. smile I'm quite relieved to find out I probably don't have to go back to the doctor, I feel like I live there sometimes. One of the downsides to getting old I guess, lol.
I firmly believe you're only as old as you feel...I think today I'm about 200...lol  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:48 pm
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
Emm-Kaye
entervixen

I firmly believe you're only as old as you feel...I think today I'm about 200...lol

My age varies then lol. Most days I don't feel old, it's only when my shoulders hurt or I'm at the doctor that I feel ninety, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:35 pm
entervixen
My age varies then lol. Most days I don't feel old, it's only when my shoulders hurt or I'm at the doctor that I feel ninety, lol.
Strangely, today I'm only about 20, give or take...
That's after leaving home at 0dark:30 (6am), 1 hour drive to work, a 14+ hour wild & crazy work day, finally having time to remember to eat breakfast at 1pm, snatching lunch around 3pm, standing in the street at work chatting with my friend after work (from about 8:15pm to almost 9:30pm), and an hour+ drive home (I drive much slower at night, since I really don't see well in the dark!)
I just got home about an hour ago and it's now 11:30pm. I really should be in bed, since tomorrow will probably be about the same (need to be at work at 7 again tomorrow), but I'm too wired from the drive to even think about going to bed yet.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:58 pm
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
That's after leaving home at 0dark:30 (6am), 1 hour drive to work, a 14+ hour wild & crazy work day, finally having time to remember to eat breakfast at 1pm, snatching lunch around 3pm, standing in the street at work chatting with my friend after work (from about 8:15pm to almost 9:30pm), and an hour+ drive home (I drive much slower at night, since I really don't see well in the dark!)
I just got home about an hour ago and it's now 11:30pm. I really should be in bed, since tomorrow will probably be about the same (need to be at work at 7 again tomorrow), but I'm too wired from the drive to even think about going to bed yet.

Wow that's a long day.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:39 pm
entervixen
Emm-Kaye
entervixen

Wow that's a long day.
It was! Today was better, kind of...left home at 6, got to work at 7. Worked until 4:30, when I remembered I HAD to get to the Post Office before they closed at 5...made it, barely! Drove home, and am so tired, I could actually go to bed right now. I'll stay up for a while yet, but am definitely going to bed early tonight!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:18 pm
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
Emm-Kaye
entervixen

Wow that's a long day.
It was! Today was better, kind of...left home at 6, got to work at 7. Worked until 4:30, when I remembered I HAD to get to the Post Office before they closed at 5...made it, barely! Drove home, and am so tired, I could actually go to bed right now. I'll stay up for a while yet, but am definitely going to bed early tonight!

I don't blame you. I would go to bed early too lol.

I messaged my doc about my shoulder. My left is fine, but my right is starting to hurt more and more now, and I don't want it to get bad again. My husband recommended I go in and talk to him about it, and for once I'm actually taking his advice instead of waiting until things are unbearable to do something. Hoping I will be pain free soon, shoulder pain is no fun. sad  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff