Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
guys...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

we should fin humans too
  /cries
View Results

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:18 pm
being in AP Environmental Science has made me feel bad about my past actions in accordance to the environment. i have realized that i should have cared more then.

what especially helped me open my eyes was the research i did for shark finning. i legitimately started crying while trying to look for pictures to put on my project board...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:04 am
o.o What's shark finning?  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:21 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
o.o What's shark finning?
people catch sharks just to cut off their fins for shark fin soup, etc. and they throw them back into the ocean: finless, unable to survive and dying.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:11 am
tanqela
people catch sharks just to cut off their fins for shark fin soup, etc. and they throw them back into the ocean: finless, unable to survive and dying.

sad
That's depressing.
Poor sharks.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:33 am
welcome to my world. I try to be as conscious as I can about my environmental impact. At least minimalising it where I can. Like trying to avoid single use cups, or if I do use a takeaway cup I would never accept one if its Styrofoam (Also known as polystyrene). If you use this and dont know how bad it is. Just google "why Styrofoam is bad" and you can decide how you feel.

People buying bottled water for regular consumption is another big pet peeve of mine.

"The story of stuff" series is really good at explaining how bad certain "stuff" is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se12y9hSOM0&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL77CE8943362CB9B0 is the story of bottled water, and a good way to see how bad it is, in a way that even a 10 year old could easily understand.

And for me the real ninja of the enviromental hurting world is "Palm oil"

http://www.saynotopalmoil.com/ (or just google why palm oil is bad and choose your own source). But so many of the stuff in the supermarket contains palm oil, and the vast majority of the worlds palm oil is grown in countrys like indonesia where rainforrest and such and being logged and destroyed in acres per day...and this is killing off rhinos/tigers/orangutan/etc etc.

Like if you eat

"Mars Incorporated ~ Click here for more brands
-M&Ms
-Snickers
-Mars bars
-Milky Way
-Twix
-Bounty
-Maltesers
-Doublemint
-Dove
Wrigley's (owned by Mars)
-5 gum (AP)
-Extra gum (AP)
-Juicy Fruit gum (AP)
-Starburst lollies
-Skittles lollies
-Hubba Bubba bubble gum (AP)
-P.K. chewing gum (AP)"

Then you are choosing to kill these guys

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And really thats just a brief look at terrible things most people do every day.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games