Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:00 pm
On receiving Alder's response to his message, Luke had returned his pokemon and gently gathered the pokemon - a Jirachi, apparently - into his arms and started back towards the city to meet with the former Champion at the League's office. A Jirachi, a Legendary pokemon - and one with such a unique appearance at that. He wasn't enthusiastic about walking through the thoroughfare with such a rarity in his arms and chose the back roads instead, a slightly longer path but likely a safer one for the little creature. He eventually arrived at the office, cradling the infant-like pokemon carefully as he searched the immediate area for Alder.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:10 pm
The office building Luke found himself in front of was ordinary, nondescript, and probably looked nothing like one would expect when they thought of the Pokemon League offices. Had they their own building, it likely would've been larger or at least more obviously decorated so trainers could find it much easier than now.

Regardless, Luke wouldn't wait long before Alder emerged from the building, a curious, slightly anxious expression on his face as he spotted, headed towards, and stopped in front of the young man. "Luke," he began, his gaze moving from the younger redhead to the Jirachi in his arms and back again, "thank you for contacting me. Is it all right?" The little pokemon's lack of conscious was at first disconcerting - giving rise to thoughts of it being attacked and knocked out - but those thoughts gave way to different ones, mostly in regards to how it had communicated with Luke if it was unconscious? While he knew of Jirachi and their type combination, his knowledge of legendary pokemon was mostly in regards to those in his home region.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:19 pm
Luke nodded, glancing to the little bundle he carried. "It's asleep," he explained. "It was hungry, so I gave it some poffins. It must be awfully young, though; it didn't understand the concept of hunger or food." And how peculiar that was. He would have assumed that all living things would understand hunger as a basic survival instinct, but perhaps it was different for Legendary pokemon somehow.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:35 pm
During the entire trip, the Jirachi had remained completely unmoving, like a little rag doll in Luke's arms. though it was breath, its not more plump belly rising and falling, in contrast to the rest of its much thinner and warn looking form.

The sound of speaking, but more important the abrupt shifting of emotions as two entities conversed slowly started to register to the tired pokemon.

A mild jingling could be heard, as the ribbons from the pokemon's back swayed a little, the talismans brushing off the gem helmet that was the pokemon's head.
"Huh?"
Just barely opening one eye, placing a hand on Luke's arm.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:37 pm
Sleep was much better than unconsciousness due to external circumstances, and he gave a nod to show he understood. The mention of hunger and food elicited another nod from the former champion, and drew his purple eyes towards the Jirachi again. He was very glad Luke had fed it - he didn't know much as much about Jirachi as he would've liked, but he figured they usually weren't that skinny nor look that malnourished - especially since it didn't know much of basic concepts and likely hadn't been feeding itself. He had to wonder how long it had been out on its own and how old it was, given what little he knew about it.

He was about to move, to gesture and to offer that Luke bring the little creature inside, when a soft, delicate jingling sound caught his attention, as well as the slow, subtle shifting of the Jirachi in Luke's arms. Alder paused, opting not to speak first so as not to startle it - since he figured it had fallen asleep where Luke had taken the picture and likely had little idea it had been moved since then - and waited for the younger redhead to act first.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:45 pm
Luke shifted his arms carefully to help maintain the Jirachi's comfort, speaking to it gently, "Good morning." He gave the pokemon time to become more aware of its surroundings before explaining the location, "I brought you to the League's building. This man's name is Alder. He's…" A pause for consideration. "…sort of like a stem?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:51 pm
The voices paused for a few seconds, before a familiar one replied more loudly, drawing both of the Jirachi's eyes open, blinking in mild bewilderment as she found herself being held.
"Good Morning?" She spoke the words back at him though in more of a way to try them out herself than anything.
with small straining noises the jeweled Jirachi managed to pull herself up, leaning over his arm to look down but instead stared up at a large man with huge hair standing in front of them.

The legendary's mouth fell open.

"The... Stem?"
She asked, glancing up at Luke as he introduced the other person, looking perplexed for just a split second before her mouth opened in sudden understanding "Flower stem!" She gasped then looked back over at Alder "You are the League Stem?!"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:55 pm
Alder, who had followed everything up until the word 'stem' was used and then followed absolutely nothing afterwards, watched the pair with a perplexed gaze and increasingly raising eyebrows. "The... stem?" He repeated, confusion reigning on his features as he looked between Luke and the Jirachi. Well, at least stems in regards to flowers made sense, though he had no idea why flowers and their parts were being used. "I suppose I am," he responded a little uncertainly in response to the Jirachi's question, though he looked between the two again, "though I'm not entirely sure what you mean by flowers or stems...?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:59 pm
"Ahh…" The idea of explaining the analogy to someone other than a childlike pokemon was actually kind of embarrassing. "I was trying to explain the way the League works." He didn't have the confidence to explain the details much further. "The stem, the sort of… primary support, you know?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:03 pm
"And then the flower petal, and the flowers in the flowers." the Legendary finished, pointing up to Luke "this one explained it all to me,"
Floating up out of Luke's arm, she Legendary went right up to the large man "But this mean's you're the League stem, I've been searching for you, my friend said you can help!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:07 pm
At the explanation from both of them - Luke especially - recognition quickly replaced the confusion on his face, and he nodded again, this time more sure of what exactly he was agreeing to. "Yes, in that case, I am - or one of the stems, at any rate," he amended after a thought. "There's quite a few others like me, who support the trainers, so I suppose you could say it's like there's multiple stems supporting a lot of flowers and flower petals." But that could be more confusing, given the nature of analogies, so he dismissed the thought and focused on the little legendary. It was quite a treat to speak to a legendary pokemon - something he'd never done before. Still, mention of a friend brought a little of his previous confusion back before he asked, "Your friend?" Did it mean Luke..? No, surely not - if it had meant Luke, it would've easily referred to him as such, but it hadn't. Someone else, then, or another pokemon..?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:13 pm
the Jirachi's mouth fell open as Alder continued the analogy of the stem, putting into the Jirachi's mind the image of a very... odd flower, but when taken the flower image away, the let out a breath of amazement, helped along by the fact that this man seemed very proud of what he was talking about.

"Yes," The Jirachi nodded "My friend told me before I disappeared, told me to go to the north and find the League. Told me that the League could help. right?" a slight crease formed in the Jirachi's brow though, lowering her arms to her side as the man's confusion gave her pause. Surely he had to know what she was talking about... right?  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:21 pm
...hmm. Well, this was rather difficult. His brow furrowed as he raised a hand to his mouth thoughtfully, trying to piece things together and figure out what had happened, what it expected of him, and what should be done to fix whatever the problem was. "Well," he started after a pause as he lowered his hand, wanting to at least put it at ease with what little he could say, "you may rest easy now that you have found the League." Go north... So it had come from the south, and given what little he knew of Camphoreon's geography, that pretty much left the majority of the island as the Jirachi's point of origin. That was... a lot of possible places. He had no idea what it meant by 'disappeared' but... "I'm confident we can help you - but first, I need to understand better whatever has happened. First of all, can you tell me who - or what - your friend is, and where you disappeared?" If it could answer those questions, that would (hopefully) greatly reduce the area in question, and possibly even answer the question of what happened and what needed to be done about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:55 am
There was a hesitance in the Jirachi's posture, as if the reply given was no one that was in the least bit expected.
furrowing a brow in a look of deep confusion, leaning forward toward Alder for a couple of seconds as if looking for something, before floating back from him once again.
"Who or what..." the Jicachi mimicked though with an air of deep consideration.
"I don't understand what you mean." It confessed.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Alder watched the Jirachi with a curiosity furthered by his desire to help with the situation, but was only briefly disappointed - only a little - when it didn't seem to understand. Switching tracks, he rephrased his previous question instead to, "What can you tell me about your friend?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff