Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
I am exciting. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WINTER IS DIFFERENT
  Yep.
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Thisis what I'm working on all day.
gonk

I hate yelling.
Well..not really yelling. Managing.

This is all I ever talk about.
emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:09 pm
You are the best manager~  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:39 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
You are the best manager~

<3 <3 <3
Thank you. whee

I try.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:59 pm
Oh man that would drive me crazy to type up. ; 0;  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:26 pm
DarkMoonSlayer
Oh man that would drive me crazy to type up. ; 0;

Lol, it's not so bad. I do a major outline for my restaurant every week or so, kind of like a restaurant journal that covers waste and employee s**t.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:44 am
x.x I wouldn't be able to do the things you do.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:29 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

It's okay I would never be able to do college so we're even!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:47 pm
Plans of attack are good they keep you on the right path and save redundancy at meetings.

Random question, but do you have anything like cleaning instructions (ones which or more complex than "clean with soaping water" or other saftey instructions on laminated paper posted around the kitchen? If not, even if it seems stupid, it saves being asked over and over again, and means noone has a excuse when they take shortcuts and dont do the full job.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:38 pm
Citrus Novii
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Eh, I wouldn't be able to do it either. That's why I went to art school. xP  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:47 pm
Sagebomb
Plans of attack are good they keep you on the right path and save redundancy at meetings.

Random question, but do you have anything like cleaning instructions (ones which or more complex than "clean with soaping water" or other saftey instructions on laminated paper posted around the kitchen? If not, even if it seems stupid, it saves being asked over and over again, and means noone has a excuse when they take shortcuts and dont do the full job.

Yep. ^__^

Yes, we do. We have a laminated check list that is simple, but whenever we hire our employees they're hired under a 90 day probationary period where they are considered 'introductory' staff where they are training and we can terminate the employment at any time yadda yadda. ANYWAYS, we go through the cleaning list everyday for about three weeks with new people, and they are given a manual they are tested on after their first two weeks that has basic intro information.

Otherwise, it's state law to have informative posters around the kitchen. But stupid questions don't really happen in my kitchen, I don't know if that's my retentivity skills coming out in the training or not though lol. Either way, the check out system comes in handy since we implemented it about eight months ago. We changed the rule that no one is done until they've passed the check out list, and that helped out a lot with 'okay schedule says I'm out, bai." With that, we let the most able person who worked a station before the current person train them a bit, so that gives seniority and respect in the kitchen, and with THAT if someone isn't doing their job right, no one gets to leave. So, everyone kind of checks everyone else. There's an open door policy at PMia, so even if I do something wrong I want them to correct me.

But everything in the kitchen is divided into stations and each station has it's specific jobs so no one steps over one another or anything like that.

We have section one of the store:

1. Dish pit: Washing dishes, maintaining back yard, keeping up with in store dishes, busing tables.
2. Docking station: Dough prep/counts, sauce prep/counts, cheese prep/counts, cleaning list in down time. Sets up orders. Docking, saucing, cheesing. Overees dishwashers.
3. Topping Station: Vegetable prep/counts, meat prep/counts, cooking of meats & wings and stuff, ticket reading, ticket transfer, oversees docker.

Then section two:

1. Sub/Salad Station: Works pasta station and salad station, relocating tickets to other stations.
2. EXPO: This is my station! :D Overseeing tickets, counter, and other stations. Brain of the kitchen, organizes to go orders, active management, phone orders, kitchen damage control, floater.
3. Counter: My uncle's station! :3 Schmoozing full time, phone orders, busing tables, CSR basically.

...sorry that was so long. sweatdrop  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:48 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Citrus Novii
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Eh, I wouldn't be able to do it either. That's why I went to art school. xP

Art school has it's own difficulties.
Several of my friends are art majors (you included) and it's not all fun and games.

I dunno how you can sit in front of a computer for eternities doing lines and stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:04 pm
Citrus Novii

No worries XD.

And sounds good. Systems are a great thing, even if they suck sometimes they keep things consistant. And in business, consistancy is a powerful tool.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:08 pm
gdapw
Citrus Novii

No worries XD.

And sounds good. Systems are a great thing, even if they suck sometimes they keep things consistant. And in business, consistancy is a powerful tool.

ACCOUNT SWITCH.

Yeah, we've worked hard to get those systems ironed out.
A lot of them are new, since our first year we were really more focused on fixing the food and the menu which was...icky lol. I could tell horror stories of what my old boss had us do.

But, half of the battle is believing in the systems. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:23 pm
Citrus Novii

ACCOUNT SWITCH.

Yeah, we've worked hard to get those systems ironed out.
A lot of them are new, since our first year we were really more focused on fixing the food and the menu which was...icky lol. I could tell horror stories of what my old boss had us do.

But, half of the battle is believing in the systems. 3nodding

Yeah I use them in this guild kinda indiscriminatly, hope it dosent throw people off too much. I feel you guys are used to it though.

True story, and will that, alas I must ado, its "insanity" time...and then some sleep. Best of luck with everything.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:28 pm
Citrus Novii

Art school has it's own difficulties.
Several of my friends are art majors (you included) and it's not all fun and games.

I dunno how you can sit in front of a computer for eternities doing lines and stuff.

I know.
But it's a lot easier than most things.
...At least my department. xP We find humor and fun in our work while being serious.
I know the illustration department is a tough place to be in... I'm glad I didn't choose to go in it... I came close to double majoring with it.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff