Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:24 pm
Things had been pretty crazy ever since that mission into the dessert. A lot of people had been hurt, and Pokemon as well. Yuri Lowell was not one of those people, but two of his Pokemon hadn't been so lucky.

Thus today would find Yuri for once not walking with Repede. The Growlithe was resting back at his apartment with Link, who took up most of the floor. And well, Yuri couldn't stand to be in such cramped conditions all day, so he was now walking around after having stopped by Dove's place to check in on and feed her Pokemon.

Astal, who had managed to avoid any serious injuries, was the one walking with him today. The shining Eevee still dirty from the sandy desert, and rather happy about it. Yuri didn't really feel like cleaning him up, so he was allowed to stay that way. For now. Or at least until he got tired of the sand all over his apartment floor.

It was through the park that they traversed. Yuri with his sword in hand as usual, and the Eevee proudly trotting along behind with his coat dulled due to the dirt. Surely nobody would notice his shininess now!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:55 pm
The day was too beautiful for Nicolette to allow her pokemon to stay inside, and thus the young noble had taken them to the park to play and get some exercise. Epona was grazing nearby, while her Buneary and Swablu practiced battling not far off, and her Vaporeon followed after her youngest pokemon, her Eevee. Nicolette was trying not to think too much about what had happened in the desert recently - every time she dwelled on it, it made her cry, even though she hadn't even gone - and instead, she focused on whatever else she could. The grass, the trees, the various plants and bushes, the people--

Like that gentleman walking there whose clothes could be from nowhere but Grande Ile. He even had a sword, too! The girl didn't even hesitate to hurry over to him, stopping nearby with a bright and curious expression. "Hello!" She greeted happily, slipping into her favorite of her two languages and the one she was most comfortable with, "You're from Grande Ile, aren't you?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:02 pm
Yuri paused as he caught something out of the corner of his eye. A girl running towards him. And her words doubtlessly caught him by surprise as he blinked at her with slightly widened eyes.

"Oui?" he said back, before a smirk crossed his face and a hand went to his hip.

"Has Grande Ile decided to invade? I keep running into people from there," he said jokingly and back in English, which was his preferred language.

Astal blinked and looked between the two with a confused frown.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:12 pm
When he spoke in English, she didn't hesitate to switch to it as well. French was definitely her preferred tongue, but she didn't at all mind speaking English instead. His words, though, surprised her, as evidenced by her mildly startled expression. "What?" Invade? No, no, he sounded amused, if anything, so he couldn't have been serious, right..? "I've only met a couple," she admitted, her hands folded in front of her and her countenance becoming more positive and curious. "I'm always happy to meet more, though! How long have you been in Kodo?"

Someone else was just as curious - Angeline, who wriggled free of Lulu's grasp and hopped down before bolting towards the pair of humans and the other of her kind. "Vee!" She yipped when she skidded to a halt nearby, studying the other Eevee with a curiosity in her bright blue eyes; not that she minded how dirty he was. Why was he so dirty? Lulu followed after at a calmer pace, coming to a halt near the pair of Eevee so she could keep an eye on her adopted kit.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:20 pm
Folding his arms across his chest, Yuri looked thoughtful for a moment as he looked to the sky. Just how long had it been? "About a year, I think," he mused. He then looked back down at her and studied her more closely. Judging from her dress, she was obviously of the higher class.

"What brings you to Kodo?"

Astal quickly looked in the direction of another Eevee that came yipping in his direction. Frowning a little, he tilted his ears back. Unlike the Eevee stereotype, he was not a naive and bouncy little thing. He was a mature specimen thank you very much. "Vee." That was all he had to say. And he was dirty... because.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:41 pm
"A year?" She echoed, her honey-colored eyes widening a little at his response. "That's a long time." Well, Luke had been in Kodo for longer than that, if her father was correct - and she had no reason to doubt his words - so really, she shouldn't be too surprised that some people had been here for similar lengths of time.

Oh, he asked her a question! "I'm here because I wanted to travel and learn about other countries," she replied readily with a smile, sounding rather proud of herself. "I'm going to be in Kodo for a few more months, learning about it and everything, then I'll go home for a while and then go somewhere else!" She hadn't quite realized yet that leaving Kodo and going somewhere else meant probably not seeing any of her friends in Kodo for a long time, if ever again.

Angeline frowned at Astal's response, twisting her own ears back as she scrunched up her pink nose at him and flopping her rump down onto the grass. Because wasn't an answer. "Eevee," she countered, wriggling her heart-speckled tail. "Eev."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:43 pm
"Travel, huh? I guess that's a good enough reason," Yuri deduced. Good a reason as any he supposed. Granted, he hadn't had a say in the matter when he'd been sent here to Kodo. It had worked out in the end though, so he couldn't complain too much.

Astal huffed at the other Eevee. It was so an answer and that was all she was going to get so live with it. As he looked at her though, he noticed that she was pretty strange looking. But then, he had little room to talk and knew what it was look to look different. So he didn't say anything about that. "Vee vee. Eevee."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:02 pm
Nicolette nodded eagerly at his response; yes, it was a wonderful answer! Or, she thought so, at any rate, and clearly he thought it was, too. Curious, she tilted her head a little, "Why did you come to Kodo? If I may ask," she added hastily, not wanting to offend in case her question had been too bold.

The normal-type huffed right back, tilting her nose up slightly. Fine, if he didn't want to talk. Lame. "Vee, eevee." ...except she was too curious. Her nose tilted back down as she looked at him again, with a skeptical glance, before trying once more. Was he dirty because being dirty was fun...? That would be an acceptable reason to be so dirty.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:02 pm
The question drew a blank stare for a moment before Yuri turned away with an almost comically unsure look on his face as he tried to think of how to word it.

"Uh... well..." he started, before pausing to think again.

"A friend sent me here. Said it was for my own good."

Astal glanced at the other Eevee before sighing. "Eevee vee eve." Yeah sure, that was it. It was fun.

If that would make her shut up then he'd let her have that.  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games