Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:30 am
I forgot to post this here!!!

so all day ive been calling rescues in my state who have also been calling around my state to help me find a young and energetic ferret in need of a home. ferret people are fantastic and everyone has been really friendly to me!

well while I was at petsmart today to buy some more stuff for the future ferret I got a call from a woman who runs a rescue. one of the other rescues contacted her for me and she said she had a bonded pair that were young and full of energy and she managed to talk me into adopting 2 instead of just one

she texted me a picture of them
User Image
the boy is the dark one and is about a year and a half. the little girl in the back is only 6 months.

I cant wait to bring them home whee hubby wants to name one of the haehel (hail) to stick with our oddly spelled weather names. don't know which one will have that name. im horrible at thinking up names so I will leave it to hubby

edit

edit

they are home and adorable! they are also litter trained. the girl's name is haehl and the boy is slyiet. pronounced hail and sleet. the girl is the light colored 6 month old and the boy is the dark 2 year old

the boy is a marshals mill ferret and the girl no one knows about because she doesn't have any ear tattoos. their vet thought she had been spayed because her vulva is small but I will ask my vet to have a look at her too just in case.

haehl is a biter. she licks for a bit then chomps and shakes her head around. no broken skin but its a habbit I will try to break her of.

slyiet loves to run around the house at full speed and him and stowrm enjoy biting at each other.

and I guess now you guys want pics right?

User Image
the cage with the ferrets. the woman we adopted them from was wonderful and gave us some extra hammocks and other toys for them.

User Image
they were really thirsty after riding across the state all morning.

User Image
saying hi to the dingo for the first time

User Image
finding all the comfy spots in the cage

User Image
time to go explore the rest of their new home

User Image
and after a few hours of exploring they were worn out  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:55 am
Aww, congratulations! They are so cute! heart  

CrissAngelLover12345

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:19 pm
CrissAngelLover12345

thanks. im so happy to have them home now. they are a ton of fun

slyiet was sleeping in my lap for most of the drive home  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:09 am
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345

Aww, so cute! biggrin I bet they are! I have wanted ferrets for some time, but I have to wait until I'm out on my own. A close friend of mine had ferrets and they certainly sounded to be quite a lot of fun. biggrin  

CrissAngelLover12345

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:57 am
CrissAngelLover12345
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345

Aww, so cute! biggrin I bet they are! I have wanted ferrets for some time, but I have to wait until I'm out on my own. A close friend of mine had ferrets and they certainly sounded to be quite a lot of fun. biggrin

ive been doing some light research on them since I was in college. i never knew anyone who had them until recently  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:50 am
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345

ive been doing some light research on them since I was in college. i never knew anyone who had them until recently

Oh, cool. biggrin I'll do research before I get any. I have done a little bit of research on them. I haven't actually ever gotten to meet my friend's ferets. I don't even know if she still has them. sad  

CrissAngelLover12345

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:40 am
CrissAngelLover12345
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345

Oh, cool. biggrin I'll do research before I get any. I have done a little bit of research on them. I haven't actually ever gotten to meet my friend's ferets. I don't even know if she still has them. sad

I thought they would require more work to take care of, but they are pretty easy. clean litterboxes when I first wake up, fill food and water bowl, then make sure everyone uses the litterbox before leaving the cage, hard play for an hour or 2, then sleep for pretty much the rest of the day besides some small bits of play here and there. hopefully as they settle in more they will want to play more. and so far ive only had 2 accidents outside of the cage so I think I may get another litterbox to keep in a corner beside the cage

and putting them on good cat food has been pretty easy so far, they really like wellness core and eat it just as much as the purina they were used to eating. getting them to eat raw has been a bit tough though. the boy shows no interest in it and the girl just licks all the juices off of the meat  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:35 am
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345

I thought they would require more work to take care of, but they are pretty easy. clean litterboxes when I first wake up, fill food and water bowl, then make sure everyone uses the litterbox before leaving the cage, hard play for an hour or 2, then sleep for pretty much the rest of the day besides some small bits of play here and there. hopefully as they settle in more they will want to play more. and so far ive only had 2 accidents outside of the cage so I think I may get another litterbox to keep in a corner beside the cage

and putting them on good cat food has been pretty easy so far, they really like wellness core and eat it just as much as the purina they were used to eating. getting them to eat raw has been a bit tough though. the boy shows no interest in it and the girl just licks all the juices off of the meat

That's good. Hopefully they'll become more playful as they get more used to things. I'm also glad they at least like the high quality cat food. Hopefully they'll accept the raw eventually as you keep offering it to them. Licking the juices off of it is better than ignoring it at least. ^^ Maybe she'll start eating it after a while. Perhaps after she does, maybe he'll get the idea that it is edible. ^_^  

CrissAngelLover12345

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:19 am
CrissAngelLover12345
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345

That's good. Hopefully they'll become more playful as they get more used to things. I'm also glad they at least like the high quality cat food. Hopefully they'll accept the raw eventually as you keep offering it to them. Licking the juices off of it is better than ignoring it at least. ^^ Maybe she'll start eating it after a while. Perhaps after she does, maybe he'll get the idea that it is edible. ^_^

I hope so.

she has finally started coming out of her shell and does death strikes to the house phone and one of stowrm's stuffed toys that squeaks. we had her chasing the phone all around the house, probably a bad habit to teach her but it was cute. and she accidently got a great grip on my finger but I think she thought she had the toy because she tried to drag me under the couch.

im so used to being bitten and scratched by animals that I forgot to make a noise or flinch to get away even though she drew blood. I was distracted by how cute she was being. I have no survival instincts lol  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:48 am
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345
Shanna66
CrissAngelLover12345

I hope so.

she has finally started coming out of her shell and does death strikes to the house phone and one of stowrm's stuffed toys that squeaks. we had her chasing the phone all around the house, probably a bad habit to teach her but it was cute. and she accidently got a great grip on my finger but I think she thought she had the toy because she tried to drag me under the couch.

im so used to being bitten and scratched by animals that I forgot to make a noise or flinch to get away even though she drew blood. I was distracted by how cute she was being. I have no survival instincts lol

Aww, that sounds cute and like it is so much fun to watch. You should record it! biggrin It sounds like she did think she had a toy rather than your finger.

I tend to forget as well for the same reasons. She sure is cute. <3 Maybe your survival instincts will kick in at some point? XD  

CrissAngelLover12345

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:08 pm
Cuties! I don't know if you know but if she isn't spayed you should wait till about a year or so for her to be spayed. Other wise adrenal is more likely in her older years!  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games