Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Need advice [ranting]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should I do?
View Results

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:26 pm
So, this new job thing. Um... it's sweatdrop

It was cool for a bit, and was hoping I would click with the company, but it's not working. It seems like I'm from a different planet or something. Lots of these employees like to bicker a lot about very "important" things that simply don't matter to myself, and they think I'm on happy pills because I am focused on the bigger picture of life. The "important" things include, there favourite television show doing stupid things that they don't agree on, there addiction to gambling (oh I wish I won the lotto, so I can get out of here mentality), and oh man... the liquor. (they like to go on about wine) Now, don't mistake me I'm sure we've all had these thoughts from time to time, how nice it would be to indulge in something. Or things such as; oh I'm so sick, I should go home, or oh my leg hurts so much bleh... lol. I know some people are more vocal about that stuff then others, but when it's a constant thing coming out of there mouth, it's like shut up, please, I get it. It has come to point where I'm starting to shut everyone out at work, because it's becoming a nuisance.

On a side note, when I first started with this company, people literally thought I was on happy pills. Why? You ask... My theory is that they forgot what living actually is.

Now there's more then just this simple trivial stuff. There is something else that's been annoying me aswell. None of the employees, don't seem to have any respect for each other. They complain about stupid things, such as what this employee has to say: Why is that order picker doing this order, she should be doing something else, that's not due til next week, I'm talking to the boss tomorrow to get this changed because I can't deal with it. This particular employee got so mad, she completely shut down, and wouldn't talk to anyone. Once she finally got to talking again, she was complaining she was tired, and needed to go home. Obviously, she was emotionally drained because she was so angry at someone else's work business. Honestly, that should've happened... And, case two: There are two employees that constantly yell at each other. It's usually all fine and dandy til' just after lunch hits, watch out. ******** this, why are f'in giving these too me. Again, it's about stupid stuff. One person didn't do the paperwork, and the other doesn't understand, or in vice versa.

On another side note, I feel like this company is dragging me down, I feel very emotionally exhausted after the day is out because of all the bs in the air. I try not to deal with it, but for some reason I get put into there own problems. Life is too short to be dealing with this on a regular basis.

Anyway, they gave me two shirts, and a sweater with the company logo on them. I haven't wore mine yet. And, it's really bugging some of the employees that I don't wear the shirts at work. I don't really find it an issue, I never signed papers saying I had to wear them. Plus two shirts, isn't really a uniform. Anyway, because of there constant harassment of me not wearing them.. It's gotten to the point, where the "uniform" shirts make me so angry just to look in my dresser, that I have moved them to a drawer I never open. And, everyday, I get shamed for not wearing them for an entire morning, yes, a entire morning, I get harassed, and teased about it. I almost lost it this morning, I almost broke down and cried. They were yelling at me practically saying that it pisses them too much to see me not wear it. And, I told them it makes me so angry too that they have to yell at me for an entire morning about me not wearing them. I really don't have any respect for the company to wear them at this point especially if they keep on criticizing me for not wearing a shirt. I told one of my friends' this, and she simply said, ******** em' go in shirtless. Now, would I do that, if I was in the right mood, yes. I know the logical idea is to wear the damn shirt and let them praise me, but I'm too stubborn to give in like that, especially if I don't have any respect for the company. But, I might wear the sweater tomorrow just to make them shut up, well put the sweater my chair so it looks like I'm wearing it. (ew, red sweater)

So... some options, I was thinking about...
Option 1) Continue working with the company, put ugly red sweater on chair to somewhat appease them.
Option 2) Continue working with the company, watch more tv, and drink more wine so I can become a bickering old bitty.
Option 3) Leave the company, find something new, become one with the universe.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:21 pm
Reminds me of when I was working on one of the cruise ships.

I wrote this short poem to describe it and the feelings it created

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=21797591

Sounds like you are feeling similar things.

It really destroyed me emotionally and physically. It was rough. I managed to ride it out, but only because I knew I had a contract end date, and that was my light.

If you have no end in sight I would start looking for jobs now so that you can find something to move onto. Otherwise if you leave with nowhere to go basically all you have is time to yourself to brood over issues, and brooding is never good. Find your next path, and then embrace it.

But thats just me.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Sagebomb
Reminds me of when I was working on one of the cruise ships.

I wrote this short poem to describe it and the feelings it created

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=21797591

Sounds like you are feeling similar things.

It really destroyed me emotionally and physically. It was rough. I managed to ride it out, but only because I knew I had a contract end date, and that was my light.

If you have no end in sight I would start looking for jobs now so that you can find something to move onto. Otherwise if you leave with nowhere to go basically all you have is time to yourself to brood over issues, and brooding is never good. Find your next path, and then embrace it.

But thats just me.
Aw, yes it seems we both are having the same problem. But, just at different times.

At this point, it feels like my light inside is very dim. I can't even get to sleep anymore, because I feel too stressed out about all this work bs.... It's bad. Like come on, I shouldn't be literally crying about this.

They hired me on because they want to do inhouse printing, and I being a expert because of my last job. I'd be the lead, have my own room, and my own space. But, the inhouse printing will not start til' next year when they can shove out the the people that are currently renting the space out. It sounds ******** awesome, and I want to do it. But, the company atmosphere, makes it not even worth it.

So, I'm having some issues. Either stay, and hopefully they will let be there inhouse printing gal. But, it feels like a daggling carrot in front of me that I can't quite get, because it's always infront. Sort of like a horse drawn buggy. Or, do I leave, and become one with myself again. Or how you said it, find my next path and embrace it.

No easy answer.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:08 pm
AngelAmy

So, I'm having some issues. Either stay, and hopefully they will let be there inhouse printing gal. But, it feels like a daggling carrot in front of me that I can't quite get, because it's always infront. Sort of like a horse drawn buggy. Or, do I leave, and become one with myself again. Or how you said it, find my next path and embrace it.

No easy answer.

I would say look at the next path, but dont jump paths unless you have a path to jump onto.

In the meantime have you talked to the person who employed you. Aka you can tell them that unless you get your promised space you cant function at this job and need to move on (Again prefferably if you can find something else).

When in that situation...and really my soul was crushed. Like I was getting into depression like symptoms. (though I did have some other things going on), you dont want to make any sudden or rash decisions, definitly consider all options

and if it helps draw up a pro/con board for your different options, and really think about the pros and cons and write them down.

Both for staying, and for leaving.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:55 pm
If you're to the point where a job is making you emotionally upset outside of your occupation's address I would seriously consider finding a different job. Nothing is worth making yourself angry or miserable bby~  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:46 am
What about a dicks.

I wouldn't give into their negative pressure. I know it can be hard to ignore people, but I say find some tactic to do so or find a new place to work. It doesn't sound like this company is worth working for.

I hope you figure things out. emotion_hug It sounds like a rough time.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:47 pm
Citrus Novii
If you're to the point where a job is making you emotionally upset outside of your occupation's address I would seriously consider finding a different job. Nothing is worth making yourself angry or miserable bby~

I agree fully <3 Everyone is still the same just as it was weeks ago. It sucks. I wish they would just leave me alone. I do understand the whole kidding you thing, like haha, you like what, that's funny. Then you stop, you don't continue throughout the day. That's not right, I should really show people why they need to respect me.

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
What about a dicks.

I wouldn't give into their negative pressure. I know it can be hard to ignore people, but I say find some tactic to do so or find a new place to work. It doesn't sound like this company is worth working for.

I hope you figure things out. emotion_hug It sounds like a rough time.

I'm not, I'm definitely not. I never respond well to negative pressures. I was somewhat bullied as a kid, more of a lone wolf I guess. Now, that I'm older I have blossomed into someone that people enjoy to spend time with. Now, that I'm going back to the bullied mode, it's very discouraging. It's... sort of like, been there done that mentality.

I will figure it out, I always do. Plus I always keep employment pretty steady, the most I have been without a full time has only been 3 weeks at the most.

Thank you emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:10 am
AngelAmy
Citrus Novii

I agree fully <3 Everyone is still the same just as it was weeks ago. It sucks. I wish they would just leave me alone. I do understand the whole kidding you thing, like haha, you like what, that's funny. Then you stop, you don't continue throughout the day. That's not right, I should really show people why they need to respect me.

SHOW THEM HOW WITH YOUR FISTS.
Or with your personality.
Depends on whether or not you want to be the bigger person or not I guess. <3  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:07 am
AngelAmy

I'm not, I'm definitely not. I never respond well to negative pressures. I was somewhat bullied as a kid, more of a lone wolf I guess. Now, that I'm older I have blossomed into someone that people enjoy to spend time with. Now, that I'm going back to the bullied mode, it's very discouraging. It's... sort of like, been there done that mentality.

I will figure it out, I always do. Plus I always keep employment pretty steady, the most I have been without a full time has only been 3 weeks at the most.

Thank you emotion_hug

I've never experienced bullying. ...I'm surprised I haven't. Or maybe I did and I just shrugged it off. I'm pretty good with ignoring things.

I'm sure you'll figure out something as well. Just don't give up and don't let them push you around too much.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games