[PRP]Recruitment [Lex, Xander]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:33 am
The desert had turned out everything and nothing. It was enough that they had been there and then it was they had moved on and he had two choices. Camphoreon was not an option, he was too known even with his hair buzzed to a short trickle of white fluff. It would grow back in time but he had worked in Camphoreon too long.

Which left Ambergris town for his search, and it had merit. It was not a busy city, nor was it one he had visited and it was close, faded, and rather perfect for setting up a new camp. And small enough that if a bunch of displaced ‘citizens’ appeared, it should be news.

The city was just as worn as expected; it felt old, tired and chilled. Lex breathed slowly, head tipped and lips tight and hands shoved in his jacket, playing with the coins. It was familiar, the raised hexagrams firm and dragging under his fingertips. “Well then, where would you go if everything was out to get you?” He muttered to Glit.

The Snivy gave a soft Vvvv of thought and pressed against her trainer’s leg. She glanced around, eyes wary and little hands gripping the fabrics of the jeans.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:42 pm
Xander walked along the road with a cheerful whistle. He glanced around at the town, pleased it hadn't changed to much since he was last in this area. Conrad was trotting by his legs, occasionally giving a happy 'Eeee!' and running around the blond, clearly happy to be visiting 'home' as well.

The blond had changed into a pair of boots, blue jeans, a white shirt with a small red R on the upper left side and a jean jacket that mostly hide said letter. It was less conspicuous then his normal work outfit and he didn't want to draw too much attention to his self. Not when people here knew who he was after all.  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:10 pm
Now it was all of a matter of who to talk to. Lex fished a clove cigarette from the pocket of his bomber jacket. The jacket was worn but nice, dark leather worn buttery soft and showing age around the cuffs and collar and lined with sheep wool. A soft grey turtleneck peeked between the buttons and flowed over dark blue jeans. Steal toed boots; strings double knotted and had been tugged over, ruining the illusion of comfortable flash for surviving. The pokecenter free amenities could only do so much and he was at the verge of breaking and entering in a house for a chance to actually wash his clothes and take a shower.

Lex cupped his hands, lighting the cigarette and paused, hearing a rather cheerful whistle. What in the.. ooh, He paused in his inner grouching, raking his eyes over the young blond and his eevee. Cute, a bit peppy for his tastes and interesting… that was not a normal color for an eevee.

“What do you think Glit?” He muttered, looking down at the Snivy nearly seated on his shoes. “Should we ask him for a tour?”

Glit gave a snnnn in questioning before standing and started to stalk the eevee, her tail flickering.

“I’ll take that as a yes..” Lex slipped the zippo in his pocket and followed his pokemon. “Oi! Nice Eevee!”  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:42 pm
Xander's whistling came to a halt along with his steps when her heard someone call out. He turned to look at the other male with a small smile. "Thanks." He said as Conrad flicked his tail and sat down next to his legs. He gave Lex a cursory look over. "Haven't seen you around before." Not that the observation meant much since it wasn't like Xander knew everyone in his hometown.  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:58 pm
“Yeah, just came out of the desert looking for someone. Think I have half the waste in my boots.” A broad hint but he was tired and interested in seeing where it got him. “Of course, I haven’t seen you around, but I just got here… take it you lived here? If you don’t mind show me around?”

Glit gave a soft Vvvv, the snivy walking slowly over to the Eevee and frowned at Conrad. She tipped her head, eyes slanting and chuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:13 pm
Xander's smile widened a bit. "I know the feeling. Who is it you're looking for?" he asked out of curiosity. "Yeah I lived here a few years back." He looked around the town then back at the other male and shrugged. "Sure, I can do that." He would be sure to try and keep him away from the abandoned parts of it while at it.

Conrad tilted his head at the grass snake and waved his tail.  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:32 pm
Glit gave a cool nod and a quiet < Hello> before walking back to her trainer and gave a determined tug on his jeans.

“Old friends of sorts, I haven’t seen some in ages and one ditched about a year and a half ago for better work. I’m not terribly surprise. It had gotten dangerous for him.” Lex sighed and obediently picked up his snivy, letting her curl up around his neck and lean against his head. “Left a bit after him, since the real boss cracked, she is scary when peeved.”

“Thanks, it would be a real favor. I just know where the pokecenter is.” He has stashed his pack and luggage there. Nothing screamed Homeless Vagrant more than a roller suitcase half covered in duck tape.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:47 pm
Conrad watched the other pokemon, swishing his tail then leaned against Xander's leg when it was clear the grass snake was shy or just didn't want to talk.

Something about the story felt slightly familiar to Xander way in the back of his head but he shrugged it off as just remembering a plot to a movie or a book. "Sounds harsh." He held out his hand to the other male. "Name's Xander. There isn't a lot to this town where you would go, mostly houses, some shops and of course some entertainment areas like the arcade and the theater so it wont be too hard getting around so long as you don't wander into the other side of town."  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:03 pm
“Lex,” he replied, taking the hand firmly. “But my friends likely called me Pulsar, the magnetism of my personality.” Lex smiled, as if recalling an inside joke. “Nicknames… yet, is Xander short for something longer? It seems we might have something in common.” Such a fun thing to have in common but Alexander and it variants was relatively common.

“The little girl is Glit,” he reached up and stroked along the Snivy back, making her wiggle slightly. “She made it bearable… worse than when I first started off as a trainer. You get attached to having proper showers after a while.” Oooh, how he missed them. “A theater? Plays or movies?”  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:59 pm
Xander gave Lex's hand a shake before letting go. "Pleasure to meet you. Yes it is but sometimes Alexander is a mouthful that really is only meant to be called my parents when you are in trouble." the blond chuckled. "She's a cutie." Xander gave a slight smirk at the showers comment. "I know what you mean. Thankfully the PokeCenter has some good showers, have to when we're this close to the desert. And it plays movies."

The young man looked down at the Eevee with a fond smile. "This is Conrad, I've had him for years."  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:56 am
Lex nodded. "My sister has the most biting pronunciation of my name and thank you." He smiled slightly and knelt, offering a hand to the Eevee. "Hello Conrad, it is a pleasure to meet you as well. He is a handsome eevee. My sister, breeds them for a living."  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games