Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Cutters Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what would you blame cutting on
  media
  other
View Results

efururu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:50 pm
hello everyone i know this as a very important topic and the number of cutting teens has increased greatly, I think the media is to blame! What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:30 pm
i myself think that, well for me anyways, its because of other stuff like stress and things that happen to people that put them over the edge  

cOOkies for teh shara

The Brand New

Regular

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:35 pm
I think its really stupid.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:50 pm
i agree with that whole stress thing.
i also think that a BIG part of it is how the person grow up. i didn't have the best childhood (like many other) and i've cut before (only 2 times, and it was well over a month ago). and i think that if there is a way to stop abuse and s**t from ever happening, and stopping kids from having to deal with that s**t, then there would be less kids that are pushed over the edge by a break up, or rejection.
it's hard to have your heart broken, but i really don't think that that's enough for someone to do that s**t for. it's that heart break mixed with a painful past (and there fore unstalbe emotions), that causes ppl to act stupidly, and let small things ge to them.  

x The Emo Cat x

foils

Invisible Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:40 am
-it's a release period. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:02 pm
Passive Agressive People do.
I think Media is to blame, however.
I'd tell you why, but...you don't want to know.
And I don't think they would want you to.

infect kids

Zah`ra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:18 pm
gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:24 pm
I think the reason cutting has inflated so much and become a 'trend' is because of the media. However, cutting and other types of SI have been around for a very, very long time. WAY before the emo/goth scene.

MinaTheRomanticNeko

LovetheOmni

8,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:58 pm
The media only created wannabees, but it didn't increase the number of "real" cutters. It was the b***h that is life that did that.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:35 am
Emo kids + Razors = Slit Wrists.

It is the generic equation given to us by Media that listen to Britney Spears. Which is possibly true. Because I know people that do that stuff in the corners of my school. How weird is that kids?  

Nikki`

Business Fatcat

butterflies_sweet_kisses

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:12 am
i think it is the knuckle heads that say that all emo's are cutters, then some stupid person goes and thinks that to be cool/emo, they need to be cutters and have scars. i think a great amount of cutters come because of this reason.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:54 pm
to tell you the truth, i would have never thought of cutting as a way to deal with my emotions....if i never heard of it from the media, i jsut probely would have gone in my room, and cryed for an hour or so...  

x The Emo Cat x

Bonnie[Heart]Clyde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:03 pm
i think it happens for three reasons.
A) people who want to be emo take out the scissors are make scars.
B) mommy and daddy don't realize i exist so I'll make it so they do.
C) *this one is a proven fact* People feel guilty for sexual reasons and start to cut themself to make the guilt go away.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:40 pm
I know I was doing it in middle school, which (for me) was back waaay before it was a trend.

So I don't think the media is entirely to blame. Some just have funny ways of coping with their problems.  

Katelinn

Here.I.Stand

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:11 am
I also did it when I was in Middle School. I was having problems because my parents were having a custody battle over me, and my friend told me how to make it go away. She even gave me a freakin' blade for it. Anywho, I don't blame media for my problems. If you did, it's your fault, don't try to blame anyone else for it.  
Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff