Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Non-NaruChat Sub (Talk about anything & everything) [LOCKED]
What's your opinion on Gaia as a site?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:14 am
I was just wondering this. I know most of us aren't into the whole "getting rich on gaia gold" and going through the main forums and whatnot. Most of us are here for the sole purpose of RPing.

So I assume that most of us don't actually care about Gaia as a site, or the moderators, or the economy. But with all of these insane upheavals from Gaia lately, with their rabid money-grubbing tactics, I'm assuming some of you guys have maybe formulated a negative opinion about them.

I'm just curious to see what you guys think about the state of this site; whether its decreasing activity, its money-grubbing moderators, or perhaps some good things about it. Do share! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 am
Personally, I ignore any attempts at them trying to get me to buy something. Occasionally, I'll spend 5 bucks on gaia cash if I want a quick item. But that's all, and it's rare. I don't really care about the money grubbing efforts. I also have 500k in gaia gold, just because.. well, I've been on gaia a long time and have accrued many valuable items, some of which I no longer had use for and sold. Now I can buy almost any item that I want, save for the insane inflation items on the market, costing in excess of 1 million gold. Which is fine with me. I like trying on different avi styles. I'm on the site mostly for RPs, yes, and I could care less about the mini games or the NPC storylines or the manga or the giveaways. It's just... well, kinda boring. It's a great site to RP on. Except for the PG13 rule. That kinda blows. But I have other "adult" sites that I visit for that, so all my bases are covered.  

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:05 am
x-Phoenix Phyre-x
Personally, I ignore any attempts at them trying to get me to buy something. Occasionally, I'll spend 5 bucks on gaia cash if I want a quick item. But that's all, and it's rare. I don't really care about the money grubbing efforts. I also have 500k in gaia gold, just because.. well, I've been on gaia a long time and have accrued many valuable items, some of which I no longer had use for and sold. Now I can buy almost any item that I want, save for the insane inflation items on the market, costing in excess of 1 million gold. Which is fine with me. I like trying on different avi styles. I'm on the site mostly for RPs, yes, and I could care less about the mini games or the NPC storylines or the manga or the giveaways. It's just... well, kinda boring. It's a great site to RP on. Except for the PG13 rule. That kinda blows. But I have other "adult" sites that I visit for that, so all my bases are covered.

Most of the items these days (especially the new ones) are really really expensive. The market has inflated a lot thanks to flynn's booty and whatnot. Just these ear clips on my avatar are worth a little south of 300 million, lol. But they're rare collectors items so they've always been super expensive.

The gaia manga and NPC stuff is quite boring. I don't think anyone pays attention to it except the gaia staff, haha. I think the PG13 thing is fitting; Gaia has always targeted the wide audience, and most are uncomfortable with anything higher, which makes sense. As you've said, there are lots of sites that have a different pitch. Gaia's developers themselves are basically making a Gaia remix that's R18 and is aimed for college students and other adults.

In NUR we tend to only follow that rule when it comes to sexual stuff. I doubt anyone would raise an eyebrow if you did some horribly grotesque stuff to another character, lol. I'm pretty sure Kleine's beheaded people, crushed them, incinerated them and all sorts of stuff like that xD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:10 am
Unicorn Haiku Guru
x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Most of the items these days (especially the new ones) are really really expensive. The market has inflated a lot thanks to flynn's booty and whatnot. Just these ear clips on my avatar are worth a little south of 300 million, lol. But they're rare collectors items so they've always been super expensive.

The gaia manga and NPC stuff is quite boring. I don't think anyone pays attention to it except the gaia staff, haha. I think the PG13 thing is fitting; Gaia has always targeted the wide audience, and most are uncomfortable with anything higher, which makes sense. As you've said, there are lots of sites that have a different pitch. Gaia's developers themselves are basically making a Gaia remix that's R18 and is aimed for college students and other adults.

In NUR we tend to only follow that rule when it comes to sexual stuff. I doubt anyone would raise an eyebrow if you did some horribly grotesque stuff to another character, lol. I'm pretty sure Kleine's beheaded people, crushed them, incinerated them and all sorts of stuff like that xD
Haha.. Yeah.. I mean, PG13 is fine for what it is. There are a lot of kids on here. There are also a lot of adults, but child safety comes before adult desires. But the layout of Gaia is easy to use, and gives a lot of opportunity for customization and creativity. Just look at all of the different ways people can make posting layouts. Not many RP sites actually have that capability so readily available. A lot of other RP sites I've seen are largely text-based, while Gaia offers a more graphical element to the RP experience.  

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:14 am
x-Phoenix Phyre-x
Unicorn Haiku Guru
x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Haha.. Yeah.. I mean, PG13 is fine for what it is. There are a lot of kids on here. There are also a lot of adults, but child safety comes before adult desires. But the layout of Gaia is easy to use, and gives a lot of opportunity for customization and creativity. Just look at all of the different ways people can make posting layouts. Not many RP sites actually have that capability so readily available. A lot of other RP sites I've seen are largely text-based, while Gaia offers a more graphical element to the RP experience.

Yeah, I have to say Gaia has the most advanced/diverse formatting out of any RP site I've been to. It's very fun to mess around with, and greatly enhances RPing for me overall. I think it's honestly the best place to RP on the net at the moment, for the average person. On a lot of other sites the community is either too tight knit or just flat out rude. Gaia has a great community in general, though of course there are some that are not-so-nice.

And yeah. When I first joined this site many years ago, I was like 11. Back then people were more liberal about their writing and whatnot. Read a lot of "disturbing" stuff, at least for me with my level of understanding. It kinda freaked me out and made me run far away from the site, haha.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:23 am
Unicorn Haiku Guru
x-Phoenix Phyre-x
Unicorn Haiku Guru
x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Yeah, I have to say Gaia has the most advanced/diverse formatting out of any RP site I've been to. It's very fun to mess around with, and greatly enhances RPing for me overall. I think it's honestly the best place to RP on the net at the moment, for the average person. On a lot of other sites the community is either too tight knit or just flat out rude. Gaia has a great community in general, though of course there are some that are not-so-nice.

And yeah. When I first joined this site many years ago, I was like 11. Back then people were more liberal about their writing and whatnot. Read a lot of "disturbing" stuff, at least for me with my level of understanding. It kinda freaked me out and made me run far away from the site, haha.
Naughty naughty. You're supposed to be at least 13 to join wink Lol. I joined the site when I was two months shy of 14. I.. well... I was naughty, too. By the time I was 14, I had gotten into cybering. I was curious and experimental. It's natural for a person of that age, but it doesn't mean that it was appropriate. And it's true that Mods seemed to be less on top of that stuff back then.  

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:30 am
x-Phoenix Phyre-x
Unicorn Haiku Guru
x-Phoenix Phyre-x
Unicorn Haiku Guru
x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Naughty naughty. You're supposed to be at least 13 to join wink Lol. I joined the site when I was two months shy of 14. I.. well... I was naughty, too. By the time I was 14, I had gotten into cybering. I was curious and experimental. It's natural for a person of that age, but it doesn't mean that it was appropriate. And it's true that Mods seemed to be less on top of that stuff back then.

I shy from disclosing any information about my habits when being young on this site LOLOL. lol

Gaia mods have always been pretty lenient, pretty nice. Though I did get perma-banned on my first account for no apparent reason qq
The reason they weren't on top of stuff back then was because most of their duties were stopping botters and hackers from screwing up the site. Now, we have very few of those, so they focus on more domestic issues with people breaking the more social parts of the ToS.

What sort of stuff did you start with in terms of RP? I don't think many people know this, but my very first RP ever was this guild! haha
That might be why I seem to never be able to let go of NUR. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:57 am
Unicorn Haiku Guru
x-Phoenix Phyre-x
Unicorn Haiku Guru
x-Phoenix Phyre-x
Unicorn Haiku Guru
x-Phoenix Phyre-x

I shy from disclosing any information about my habits when being young on this site LOLOL. lol

Gaia mods have always been pretty lenient, pretty nice. Though I did get perma-banned on my first account for no apparent reason qq
The reason they weren't on top of stuff back then was because most of their duties were stopping botters and hackers from screwing up the site. Now, we have very few of those, so they focus on more domestic issues with people breaking the more social parts of the ToS.

What sort of stuff did you start with in terms of RP? I don't think many people know this, but my very first RP ever was this guild! haha
That might be why I seem to never be able to let go of NUR. xD
Hrm... Well I started out in more "social gathering" kind of relaxed RP's, like bar or cafe style simulated interaction RPs. Ya know, one liner post what you're doing, *using asterisks for actions* XD One of the earliest formal RPs that I can remember doing was a 1x1, with a guy I had met... forget where or how... And it was an anthro RP. Our characters were both wolf shifters from different tribes, who had certain nature magic abilities... I don't remember much about the plot, but it was fun. It had kind of a more serious tone to it.  

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Non-NaruChat Sub (Talk about anything & everything) [LOCKED]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items