Submit

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:36 pm
Andre being in a wheelchair was boring for a few reasons. One, Vincent couldn't pick him up and hug him or do anything that wasn't completely gentle. Two, Andre didn't have the energy to go out and do things all day. Three, he was mopey and sad in his own Andre kind of way, and thus not too fun to be around. As much as Vincent loved his boss, it got dull staying up in the hotel all day. After some people had come by to fix the door frame, Vincent made sure his boss had plenty of food in reach(read: donuts and some candy. Vincent would make him eat a salad later) and decided to go for a walk before running a few errands.

Kodo was certainly a strange place, nothing like Grande Ile. The way people dressed, the extreme lack of French speakers, the general architecture... damn, Vincent had never set anything on fire in Kodo and yet during his short stay here he'd already seen a few buildings that looked ripe for the... arson. But he knew Andre would just get mad, so Vincent just twirled his lighter between his fingers as he walked the sidewalks, then shoved the bright red thing into his pocket.

Vincent had grown up with both French and English and thus, he was fluent in both. He understood English completely but so much of it caught him off guard as he traversed the city of Camphoreon and admired the buildings.

Perhaps people watching would have been a better option, because the tall blonde didn't quite watch where he was going and was a little surprised to bump into someone passing by.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:05 pm
His shoulder really ached still, but at least he was done with the sling for now. Despite being, essentially, completely impaled through it, his right shoulder had been healing well and quickly.
Movement and exercise, now, were what were needed to combat any atrophy, and that meant having his limb free of the sling.
He hadn't been taking his painkillers for a short while now, either, deciding he could manage without them; mostly he hated the aching and stiffness, but as much as he hated it, it reminded him of something more to hate, and that fostered an unusual pride. He'd got the wound fighting Team Rocket, so it was worth all the pain it threw at him... As painful and irritating as that pain was; especially irritating as he couldn't climb properly at the moment either.

"Ow!" He hissed, his left hand immediately, tenderly, going to his jolted right shoulder after he was bumped into by someone; Jeeves, his Snivy, had been riding upon the left shoulder, but found himself dislodged from his perch. Luckily, this wasn't really a problem for the grass type, used to much greater heights, and he landed, gracefully, on the ground, before fixing the offending man with a disapproving look. How rude.
"Hey, watch where you're going!" Lin retorted, a little more harshly than he might have if his shoulder hadn't been hurting.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:14 pm
Before Vincent even thought to apologize he heard a rather unpleasant remark directed at him; he grinned and glanced down at the slightly shorter boy he'd bumped into.

"S'little unfair, blamin' just me! C'mon, you should'a seen me comin' too, why don't you watch where you're going as well?" he challenged playfully. Vincent might have looked the type to start a fight at any chance he could(which was true, if you happened to be a large Pokemon) but he got in fewer fights than one might expect. "Are ya' always this grouchy or did'ya make an exception just for little ol' me?" he teased. Glancing down he caught sight of the other man's Pokemon- a Snivy, right? Vincent wasn't a fan of grass types, he'd always liked fire types.

Vincent returned the Pokemon's gaze by sticking out his tongue at it. He was, completely and utterly, very mature.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:35 am
Lin.. possibly hadn't been expecting any sort of retort. For a moment he looked puzzled.
All his dealings with people in this city like this encounter, so far, had been brisk; people not even willing to acknowledge he was around -or- people who mumbled 'sorry' and moved on.
Then again, he usually wouldn't have made anything of it either, but his shoulder was just so uncomfortable today.
"Oh, whatever... You walked into me and I walked into you. Fine." Lin sounded exasperated; unfortunately he also sounded like he just 'couldn't be bothered' to refute the point or defend his own. There wasn't an apology.
"What.. are you doing?" He caught the man poking his tongue out at Jeeves and frowned.

Jeeves looked up at the man, narrowed his eyes, then raised one eyebrow and turned his snout up at the man; such behaviour, how vile.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:22 pm
"S'what I thought! Both parties're at fault here- hey, hey, this little guy, he's got some personality to 'im, huh?" Vincent stood up straight and laughed loudly, not minding any odd stares he might have gotten. "What's it's name? I can tell, he's thinkin's some rude thoughts I bet. Hah, little guy, I could take you out in a fight," Vincent taunted, leaning down to get a closer look at the Snivy. With a smirk, Vincent stood back up and looked at the guy he'd run into.

"I like 'im, even if he's a grass type. Can it fight? S'it good at fighting? Where'd'ya find 'im? Can I pick it up?" with a string of quick fire questions Vincent proved he was much more interested in this guy's Pokemon than the guy himself. Vincent was a talkative person, he could almost always find something to talk about- it was a bit harder for him to find people to talk to. With the large scars on his face and how... loud he could be, the blond tended to scar people off before really getting to talk to them. He might come off a bit overzealous to people who did stick around for longer than a minute or two.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:07 am
Lin wasn't sure what to make of the... strange and suddenly chatty stranger. He was kind of starting to feel bad about being grumpy at him, but pride is a strange thing and he kept his frown for the moment.
"I suppose..." He acquiesced, however, to the statement that both parties were at fault, and that Jeeves had some personality.
"Jeeves." He supplied, regarding the Snivy's name. He suspected the man was correct; Jeeves most likely was thinking something rather unkind right at that moment.
"Uh. He can fight," Lin supplied, with a wary nod; he was finding it hard to stay grumpy as he found his mood slipping into a rather confused, slightly bemused, wariness instead; he'd never... talked like this as the outcome of such an event before; he wondered if it was unusual or if he was 'worse at people' than he'd thought.
"I... Uh. I would advise against trying to pick him up." Lin didn't feel like it was his place to say yes or no; Jeeves would resent either choice being made for him, so it was better to leave it in the pokémon's leaves... However, he didn't think Jeeves would take kindly to such an attempt. He forgot to answer where he'd found the pokémon.
Scars and loud weren't... overly scary to Lin; his upbringing hadn't really covered either attribute being a 'bad' thing; as long as the man wasn't wearing an 'R', and, apparently, wasn't... arguing over the bumping into eachother- which was confusing but irritatingly fair to the boy, who was still wishing to be grumpy at something while his arm ached- then... Lin did not feel like he could justify feeling too unnerved.

Jeeves had closed his eyes, haughtily, but opened his right once more as the man made his taunts, to fix Vincent with a wary, still insulted, look. So this creature was insinuating a duel, perhaps? This stranger also wanted to pick him up... Well, that would be extremely distasteful.
He decided to keep one eye on the man, dis-trustingly.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:06 pm
"No? No pickin' him up? Damn! Normally I wouldn't care what you say, but y'see, I ain't from around here and I don't know how all your laws work, so I don't want to get arrested for... I 'unno, harassing Pokemon. Can ya' get arrested for that here? One time I harassed a Pontya back home an' I got arrested. I mean- that might'a been 'cause I tried to ride it out of the city, but... S'nough 'bout me, dotcha think?" Vincent laughed and looked around the area, scratching his chin.

"I like you! Y'didn't run off yet, lets do something. How 'bout lunch? There's a sandwich place over there- that is a sandwich place, right? That one-" Vincent pointed across the street, squinting. "Can't see too well without my glasses, y'feel me? Anyway- I like talkin' t'you, an' you don't look busy, and I don't know the town! I feel like lunch is a pretty nice idea." Vincent offered, shooting a friendly grin to the shorter guy. If everything went well, he could go back and tell Andre he mingled with the people of Camphoreon without any police involved! Andre would be proud. Plus, maybe if Vincent got Jeeves to warm up to him, maybe he could pick him up! Vincent was a touchy feely sort of guy, he liked getting up close and personal with Pokemon.

"If ya' come, I'll get him a sandwich too. Or whatever he eats." He added, nodding to the Snivy.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:40 am
Lin's eyes widened slightly... This guy /talked/... /A lot/.
After a moment's consideration, Lin decided that almost /certainly/ meant he wouldn't be a Rocket. He wasn't totally sure, but Rockets didn't... witter on like this, did they?

"You rode a Ponyta and got... arrested?" That, kind of, sounded like pokémon theft but, again, it was said in such a way... Lin's irritation ebbed away, but his bemusement grew a little; this man really didn't seem like a Rocket type... He supposed...
"It's not really a law; it's just not really up to me." The boy decided explain, after a slightly too long pause. Dammit, he'd wanted to be angry, irritated, have an argument, but this strange chatty man was far too engaging.
/Weird/ but likeable, he thought.
"Jeeves just kind of, uh, chooses for himself y' see."

'I like you!' - The statement was met with a quizzical look and a hesitant "Thanks?" but, in truth, Lin supposed if he'd spoken more directly, he might have said something similar; society was /weird/.
... But free food was free food. Free food was the best kind of motivation to be found anywhere.
"Now that sounds like a good deal!" Lin agreed very readily, a lot more friendlier than he'd been before. He tried to shake the wariness out of his voice.

Jeeves looked horrified; they were going to /dine/ with this oaf?! He looked- or, rather, glared- at his trainer.
Lin paid him no mind, nodding agreeable, suddenly happy to talk.

"Oh, mostly he eats berries and enjoys the sunlight, but he'll happily eat a sandwich usually, or most anything else that's available."
He paused, then decided, as the stranger was offering to buy food, he could forget the circumstances of their meeting and, at least, offer his own name.
"I'm Lin, by the way." He stuck his hand forward, purposefully his left, as he introduced himself.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 pm
"I could tell you aaaall about that if y'want me to! Some might say I gotta penchant for trouble, but who knows," Vincent laughed, sending Lin a wink. "Maybe we'll see if I can't convince your grassy little butler guy to let me hold him. I'm a pretty awesome guy, it shouldn't be too hard," Vincent smirked down at the Grass type, quirking a challenging brow at it.

"Hell yeah! I hate eatin' out with no company, so boring!" Vincent reached out quickly to give Lin a firm(possibly a bit too firm) handshake. He had nearly reached out with his right, out of habit, but switched to his left easily. "Lin? Huh, nice t'meetcha, Lin. Linny? Li...Leonard? Lenny? Can I call ya' Lenny? Oh- but you just call me Vinny, th'name's Vincent but Vinny has a much better ring to it, dontcha think?"

And with that, Vincent started off towards the sandwich shop. He briefly wondered if maybe he could get something for Andre too, but decided his boss would probably rather something sweet than a sandwich. He made a note to pick up some sweetbread before he went back to the hotel. "So, Lenny, y'hurt or something?" Vincent asked with an inquiring look as he walked. If he'd learned anything from Andre it was to pay attention to people- the man did seem a little shaken up, sore even.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:19 am
"Uh, Maybe. He's not the quickest to warm up to people though I'm sure a sandwich will, probably, help." The boy offered with a slight smirk; he could see the look on Jeeve's face; he was pretty sure there was almost a tic' to be seen forming under one of the grass type's eyes.
The Snivy would have to put up with the situation though, and Lin was sure he would; free food didn't happen everyday after all... Well, not as charity anyway.

"Uh. Well, you're buying the food right so, uh, sure, I'll settle for 'Lenny'." Lin didn't really know why 'Vinny' had settled on that name- 'Lin' seemed simpler- but his name was, after all, just what other people called him. It wasn't as though he'd gotten to choose it himself.
"Vincent... Vinny..." Lin pretended to weigh up the two names he'd been given, then nodded firmly, as though agreeing with gusto.
"Vinny's got a much better ring to it. 'S the 'y'." He offered, apparently seriously, then walked alongside- Jeeves reluctantly drawing himself back onto his good shoulder- 'Vinny' as they headed for the shop.
"Uh." Lin hesitated- he had realised he'd been flinching a bit and such but he hadn't realised just how obvious he'd been until it was, now, presented to him by someone he'd just met. "Yeah. My shoulder; got a piece of metal through it back along during the..." What was the right word?
"During the attempt to, uh, route out the Rockets. In the desert." It hadn't been any kind of secret after all.
A pause. Well, he knew there had been other teams...
"Were you part of that?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:59 pm
"Food helps everything! 'Sides, if he doesn't warm up maybe I could try an open fire and a barbecue. ...Y'know! Invite you guys to a barbecue! Warm up? Open flame?" Vincent laughed heartily at himself, pride swelling in his chest.

"You're a smart one, you are!" Vincent tittered, opening the door to the little shop for 'Lenny'. "I tell my boss all the time, Vinny sounds way better than Vincent, but nah, he's a stickler about callin' me Vincent." Vincent made a face, scrunching his his nose before continuing. "Vinny and Lenny, we could start a gang with these kinda names y'see? Intimidating, real smooth! That's the way y'go about bein' a cool guy, you gotta have a cool name."

It didn't take much for it to click in Vincent's mind that the guy had probably been in the same raid Andre had. That made a few things clear for Vincent: 'Lenny' probably wasn't a Rocket, which meant there'd not likely be any sort of need for Andre to meet him. Andre was... possessive, Vincent knew, and the blond didn't have close friends because of that. He hoped this proof Lin wasn't a Rocket would be enough to keep Andre satiated. It also meant Lin might already know Andre, and that meant Andre could already decided to like or dislike Lin. If Andre didn't like him... well, Vincent would make sure not to mention Lin if he did in fact know Andre.

"Nah! I wasn't a part'a that, but I know someone who was. My boss, in fact! He was out here, workin' hard for the cause while I was back in Grande Ile. M'here t'take care of him! You takin' care of yourself?" Vincent inquired as he stepped up to the counter, looking over his options before placing an order for himself and stepping aside to let Lin order.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:34 pm
Lin seemed to... flinch. It wasn't so much an action as a mental and physical reaction of suddenly paling and looking rather nervous; the cringe was hinted, but not manifest, in the boy's expression.
"Uh. Yeah." Lin agreed, non-convincingly, followed by a weak laugh- fire wasn't his favourite thing to think about, but it was needed to cook with, he guessed. "Barbecued food most be... pretty good. I don't think I've ever had it." He decided to comment on the food itself.

Jeeves was trying to steadfastly ignore everyone as best he could without retreating into his pokéball... but he couldn't help rolling his eyes as the man talked of their names.
Lin was just glad to move aware from the subject of fire.
"Hey, I guess so... Lenny... Vinny..." Lin muttered the two names to himself, seemingly testing them for the qualities mentioned. "They roll. Very smooth." He found himself agreeing, not entirely away from his fire fear, but pleased all the same to be on names now, again.
"I bet that's why they're intimidating; easy to say but 's got the 'n' sounds to make them 'hard'." He warmed, a little, to his subject.
"It's the same kind of names they use in gangster movies- Jeeves and I have managed to sneak into movies sometimes."
He felt, for some reason, like exchanging some deeds of his own after receiving the tale of the Ponyta from before...
"Ah... Grande Ile is still really new to me; most places are, actually- I didn't leave Sandalwood City until not too long ago; my region is bigger than I knew, and I hadn't even thought to imagine others, yet Grande Ile pops up kind of a lot, I've found. It's good he'd got you to do that... Erm. Not really. I mean, Jeeves and I, and the others," He patted two pokéballs "are on our own, sure, but it's been that way for years... We can handle anything."
He stepped forward to order... and then received a tap on the head from a leaf as Jeeves reminded him that 'the oaf' had said he'd buy Jeeves a sandwich too...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:15 pm
Vincent took note of the odd flinch, wondering what caused that. Maybe Lin didn't like fire. That'd be too bad, Vincent had a rather intimate relationship with fire. But he liked talking to Lin, and Lin let Vincent call him 'Lenny', so the blonde decided he wouldn't bring it up again. For now.

"Snuck into movies? Hah, I knew you weren't too much of a goody goody! Y'look like you've got plenty of fight in ya'. Bet you snuck into those movies like a pro!" Vincent said proudly, as if he had known Lin for a long time and this was some stunning achievement. He wasn't being condescending- no, Vincent was just enthusiastic over just about everything.

"S'that so? Well, kid, you should broaden your horizons! Go places, meet people, get drunk, party! S'how everyone should do it. I shouldn't be talkin' too much, this is my first time in Kodo! Spent m'whole life in Grande Ile, 'cept for a few months when I hid in Denmark... that's a complicated story. Scary, too," Vincent shook his head with a shudder, memories of that particular incident leaving a nasty taste in his mouth. Shaking it off, Vincent nodded down to Jeeves. "Get 'im whatever y'think he'd like! All on the head honcho here, me." Vincent flashes a wink to the server prepping sandwiches, letting them know he'd be the one paying.

"If y'need anything, for your arm there, you let me know. See, I might look like a brute, but I'm a full time nurse for my boss. I could help y'out." Vincent nodded, scratching his chin confidently.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:08 pm
"A... goody goody?" Lin wasn't sure he knew the term, but he felt like he understood the meaning, and grinned, shaking his head.
"Oh. Oh, yes- and," He lowered his voice, given the setting "I once pretended to work at a restaurant- got a good amount of free food before I had to exit rather rapidly... I have a few stories of my own. Maybe we should trade them? Over the food?"
Denmark... Grande Ile... and now, here, Kodo... This man had already been to three times as many countries as Lin. And here he was, offering to pay for lunch. All because they'd bumped into each other.
Lin rather wished he had more encounters like this, painful as it had been initially.
"Uh. I guess he'll have," Jeeves watched him carefully, causing the boy to grin and nod reassuringly at him before returning to ordering "strawberry jam. He likes jams."

The offer of the help with his arm was surprising but... kind of welcome, though Lin received it warily.
"I wouldn't have to pay? I mean- the hospital fixed me up, but it kinda hurts a lot and I don't wanna just be in the hospital all the time. Thanks though, but unless you know how to make it hurt less, I don't know?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:53 pm
Hearing the kid talk about his 'history' had Vincent chuckling a little, moving down the line and taking out his wallet to pay for the food. "Well! A little trickster in the making!" Laughing, he added a few water bottles to their lunch bill. Once their sandwiches, drinks, and the jam was handed over, Vincent headed for the door again.

"Lets sit outside, sun'll do you more good than staying in here! You'll have to tell me 'bout these stories a'yours, for sure! Y'look young still, maybe I'll have some good advice on gettin' away with everything! Bahaha!" Vincent sat himself at one of the small tables outside that was just a bit far off from the entrance to the shop, then handed over a water bottle and the sandwich to Lin.

"But first thing's first, y'gotta drink plenty of water. See, your body needs t'stay hydrated so you can heal faster! Plus, water's good to drink anyway. An', do I look like th'kinda guy that'd make you pay after offerin' help? Aw shucks, n'I thought I was a nice kinda guy," Vincent laughed, unwrapping his sandwich(stuffed with greens, a bit of spinach fell off onto the wrapper) and taking a bite. "I like meeting people, y'never know where it'll take ya'. If my boss now hadn't taken me in, I'd probably be dead by now. N'that was 9 years ago! Before I got this, even!" Vincent tapped the scars that stretched across his cheek and down his chest.

"M'not sayin' I'm gonna take ya' in, my boss wouldn't like that too much. What I am sayin' is, I like you. And if I like you, that means maybe one day you can be my partner in crime!" Vincent opened the bottle of water and took a swig before continuing, "And how can I count on you bein' my partner in crime if you don't take care'a that arm and it gets worse?" he concluded with a confident tone.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff