Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Psssshhhhh~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You sir are no good!
  REPORTS! ASAP!!
View Results

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:33 am
Someone with the username 'Security Crew Member' just tried to scam me for my password. Saying I'd be banned in 15 minutes if I didn't.

Psh. You think I was born yesterday, buddy. Come on now!
I can see that you made your account yesterday, you loser. talk2hand

I reported their a** and hopefully others that got their message report them as well.

How many times have you got someone messaging you for your password/  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:07 am
Definitely over 15 and with all of my accounts combined...jeez.
They usually show up after I buy an expensive item or hang in the Chatterbox though.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:14 am
Oh man, I can't even remember how many times this has happened to me. Never fallen for it, and I can't believe that there are people who actually DO fall for it. But...never underestimate the stupidity of some computer users. Phishing works, which is why people still do it.

Doesn't happen to me that often now though. I suspect that if I posted in the public forums more it might, but luckily I kinda ignore all of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 am
Citrus Novii
They usually show up after I buy an expensive item or hang in the Chatterbox though.

Really? 15?! O.O
I believe I only had around 5. And only on this account.

I don't even know why I got one. It's like they picked me randomly. I haven't purchased anything since my hair. And I haven't really been chatting up the forums in a while.

Weird.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:48 am
GoldDiggingWhore
Oh man, I can't even remember how many times this has happened to me. Never fallen for it, and I can't believe that there are people who actually DO fall for it. But...never underestimate the stupidity of some computer users. Phishing works, which is why people still do it.

Doesn't happen to me that often now though. I suspect that if I posted in the public forums more it might, but luckily I kinda ignore all of them.

I've never fallen for it either. I almost did though my first time but something told me to do otherwise. I don't even think I reported the person. I might have just ignored the message.

My ex-boyfriend ended up losing his first account to one of these messages back when we started in 2007. It sent him to a link that Gaia wasn't too happy about and he got banned. I guess I learned from him mistake.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:53 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Citrus Novii

Really? 15?! O.O
I believe I only had around 5. And only on this account.

I don't even know why I got one. It's like they picked me randomly. I haven't purchased anything since my hair. And I haven't really been chatting up the forums in a while.

Weird.

Luck of the draaaaaw then for you!
:3  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:13 pm
Citrus Novii

I guess.
But how many times shouldn't matter as long as you're smart enough to not fall for those message.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:15 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Citrus Novii

I guess.
But how many times shouldn't matter as long as you're smart enough to not fall for those message.

Does anyone really fall for them?
Like when people post "OMG I GOT HAXOR3D."

I'm always just like, ".... emotion_facepalm How exactly?"  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:17 pm
Citrus Novii

Yeah, I remember back when KiKi Kitties were considered semi-high end items that carrying one of those around got me several in one week. It was actually kind of funny.

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
I've never fallen for it either. I almost did though my first time but something told me to do otherwise. I don't even think I reported the person. I might have just ignored the message.

My ex-boyfriend ended up losing his first account to one of these messages back when we started in 2007. It sent him to a link that Gaia wasn't too happy about and he got banned. I guess I learned from him mistake.

I have this habit, whenever I see something online that looks like it isn't legit, to Google it to see what comes up. Most of the time I learn that other people have had the same thing happen to them. Like, I don't know if you've ever gotten that chain mail PM about the kid who wets himself for lulz and how his mom told him to message a random user to have them tell him what his punishment should be. It's the dumbest thing, and serves no purpose, but people do it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:26 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

I have this habit, whenever I see something online that looks like it isn't legit, to Google it to see what comes up. Most of the time I learn that other people have had the same thing happen to them. Like, I don't know if you've ever gotten that chain mail PM about the kid who wets himself for lulz and how his mom told him to message a random user to have them tell him what his punishment should be. It's the dumbest thing, and serves no purpose, but people do it.

Yes, I've gotten that message at least twice. So bizarre. x.x I was like WTF the first time I got it. And when I received it again it was a double WTF deja ve moment.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:27 pm
Citrus Novii

Does anyone really fall for them?
Like when people post "OMG I GOT HAXOR3D."

I'm always just like, ".... emotion_facepalm How exactly?"

I believe Clover did... but I think she got scammed by one of her own friends she made. Which sucks.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:55 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

I believe Clover did... but I think she got scammed by one of her own friends she made. Which sucks.

That's really sad, actually. D:
I dunno, I guess I've always just been like, "No, the web site has backdoors into everyone's account I'm sure anyway."

GoldDiggingWhore

Yeah, I remember back when KiKi Kitties were considered semi-high end items that carrying one of those around got me several in one week. It was actually kind of funny.

Yeah, I got a couple when I sold my SC Eros and Storge.
Then some more when I bought my SC Agape.
Kitties always seem to have some tied along with them though~

; n; I was so happy when I got my first kiki.
That item, mochi, and coco, and my mythril halo are ones I will NEVER SELL.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:02 pm
got one total. on Kit
it was in caps lock
it was a double fail on their part
the limit had passed about six hours before i had logged on, and we just had an internet safety thing at school that day
but not only did they want my user and pass, they wanted my email, that pass, my address...
and that was all i saw before reporting
yikes  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:03 am
I havent got one in yonks, but I remember years ago when I used to get several a day.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Icklekins

Winter Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:11 am
Phishers make me trollol. People who fall for the scams make me sad.

It's like, Internet Rule #1 - Never give your passwords away to anyone. Ever. For any reason.

rofl  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces