Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ☆ Video Game & RolePlay
Your favorite game franchise(s)? (fanboying/girling) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eowalenna
Crew

Dapper Shoujo

17,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:28 pm
To christen the new sub-forum I want to know what is your favorite game franchise(s)?

I have always been a fan of RPGs. So it's safe to admit I'm a bit of a Final Fantasy fangirl. The visuals, the music and kooky reuse of certain characters are all points that I love about the series. Although, some characters I can definitely live without. Was it wrong of me to cheer when Sephiroth did what he did to Aerith/Aeris? Truth be told, I would have done it long before then.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:22 pm
whee Disgaea and Blazblue  

Mahzuki

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MaiValentineWheeler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:10 pm
Legend Of Zelda  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:42 pm
Zelda, Elder Scrolls, Pokemon, SmashBros, Mario
Hard to choose  

Wolfishly Sheepish

Friendly Elder

-Rue. akugo

-Rue. akugo

Shameless Ladykiller

23,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:38 pm
Zelda, Pokemon(up until Ruby, after that it went downhill imo), Final Fantasy, Grandia, Megaman X, Street Fighter(though I didn't like IV that much...), Ninja Gaiden, .

Mmm that's all I guess.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:53 pm
My all time favorite will have to be Kingdom Hearts. c:  

xFyex

Magic Seeker

12,625 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Magical Girl 50

TarablyConfused

Aged Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:32 pm
Silent Hill and Fatal Frame are probably my favorite game series. I'm also a rabid over the Katamari games because they're so ridiculous and fun. As for more recent games, The Last of Us was brilliant.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:05 am
The Last of Us was pretty cool.

Double Dragon will always hold a place in my heart.  

NinjaSai

TarablyConfused

Aged Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:51 pm
This is a studio, but I really love Quantic Dream is doing. Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain were amazing. Beyond: Two Souls was intriguing, though I'm hoping to see the studio raise the bar for themselves in the future. They have great stories to tell, beautiful acting, lovely graphics, but it would be nice to see them mix a stronger game feel with the cinematic feel.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:16 am
I am slightly ashamed that I haven't taken out the time to gush over how much I love the Kingdom Hearts franchise in this topic yet. Kingdom Hearts is the reason I am working hard on my way to become a game designer.  

Gallant Halliviere

Shady Businesswoman

15,175 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Hey its Nyarlathotep

Shapeshifter

11,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:55 am
The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dark Souls,and Battlefield.
Coming home after football practice, I wouldn't want to do anything but play those games. So many hours traveling through dark castles and nuclear wastelands.

Oh yeah, Bloodborne is pretty gnarly, that game is lovecrafty as hell. My Lovecraft "senses" have never been so rock hard as it has when playing that game. Except when I'm actually reading Lovecraft.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:28 am
Gallant Halliviere
I am slightly ashamed that I haven't taken out the time to gush over how much I love the Kingdom Hearts franchise in this topic yet. Kingdom Hearts is the reason I am working hard on my way to become a game designer.

No shame there.
I was all over Kingdom Hearts when it first came out. I didn't have a ps2 at the time so my uncle came over for a day and let me play it.
It's a shame I never got to finish the first and second one since I didn't have the console.

I love J-Rpgs in general and Final Fantasy has the best soundtracks.
I just dont like the Turn-by-turn system so I never got to actually finish any of the games except for Star Ocean: The last hope.  

Rawr The Kitty

Demonic Warlord

16,725 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200

Gallant Halliviere

Shady Businesswoman

15,175 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:46 pm
Rawr The Kitty
Gallant Halliviere

No shame there.
I was all over Kingdom Hearts when it first came out. I didn't have a ps2 at the time so my uncle came over for a day and let me play it.
It's a shame I never got to finish the first and second one since I didn't have the console.

I love J-Rpgs in general and Final Fantasy has the best soundtracks.
I just dont like the Turn-by-turn system so I never got to actually finish any of the games except for Star Ocean: The last hope.

I have to agree with you about Final Fantasy's gorgeous soundtracks, as well as the turn-based gameplay. I prefer games where my character is mobile. I believe the ability to dodge as well as fight is what makes games like that the best.

It's another reason I love Kingdom Hearts so much. The gameplay is great. I firmly believe that having your character on the move on a 3D plane is a better test of gaming abiliy to navigate and fight. While turn-based and side-scrollers are great on their own, Final Fantasy would have been much better if they hadn't opted to leave their fights to chance, rather than actually testing the gamer's ability to strategize on the spot.

It would be more challenging and fun to take on a stronger enemy and have a chance at winning by using my skills rather than spamming "Thunder" and hoping I don't get one-hit KO'd by a carelessly tossed out "Break".  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:05 pm
Tales of...

no particular order afterwards...
Super Smash Bros
Persona
SMT
Kingdom Hearts
Zelda

I'm hooked on those out of the many I like.

himelia

Shadowy Nerd

Vivian Anthony

Relentless Protagonist

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:22 pm
Tales of! I've played most of the games and the plot of each is so amazing. Tales of Symphonia is definitely my favorite in the series though! heart Colette Brunel! heart  
☆ Video Game & RolePlay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff