Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Watched a couple really interesting movies this morning.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seen any good movies recently?
  yep
  nope
  There hasnt been a good movie in years...
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:43 pm
Went to bed at 10:30am this morning so...yeah before then.

Anyway The Secret of Kells

Which is a animated story that looks at the creation of the book of kells (A book that was written ~800 years ago, over the period of a couple hundred years, which has been stored in dublin for the past couple hundred years). It looks at the issues in creating the book, blending it with a mix of early christian, mixing with pagan history, blending folk law.

I found it really interesting and it made me do even more research on the book after watching it. It was cute, I was a really big fan of "the spirit of the forrest" who was basically a girl who moves between human and wolf form.

-----------------------------------

The other one was Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel which was a pretty cool english style comedy about 3 nerds (Well 2 nerds, and one other friend) who when discussing time travel, somehow get caught in a "time leak" and must work through various time paradoxes to figure out just whats going on. Since they arent "smart" nerds its a struggle. It was really well done and kept me engaged the whole time. Which not many movies do any more. So I would say one of the best movies Ive seen this year.

Been watching a lot of movies recently. What have you seen recently which you have enjoyed (Dosent have to be recent releases both of these were 2009)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:03 am
I may have to watch this time travel movie, given that time travel is my favorite thing ever. On Tuesday I had a Back to Back to Back to the Future marathon because of November 12 (day of the Hill Valley lightning storm). Other movies I've watched recently (the first three because SOME people hadn't seen them and needed to) include:

Dogma
Hot Fuzz
The Shawshank Redemption
The Nightmare Before Christmas
V for Vendetta (remember, remember)
The Prestige  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:13 am
GoldDiggingWhore
I may have to watch this time travel movie, given that time travel is my favorite thing ever. On Tuesday I had a Back to Back to Back to the Future marathon because of November 12 (day of the Hill Valley lightning storm). Other movies I've watched recently (the first three because SOME people hadn't seen them and needed to) include:

Dogma
Hot Fuzz
The Shawshank Redemption
The Nightmare Before Christmas
V for Vendetta (remember, remember)
The Prestige

I dont think Ive seen the last two, seen the rest though. I love alanis morisett as god XD.

Talking about Simon Pegg, have you seen any episodes of "Spaced" It was a short TV series Pegg stared in back in 99-00, back before he had really got into movies. (Includes a few scenes of him killing zombies still ninja ) He is still very much him (as in the roles he plays) in it. If you havent seen it, its worth a watch if you can handle english humor XD.

Watched Hot Tub Time Machine for the first time a couple nights ago as well. Not anywhere near as good as FAQATT but still not bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:29 am
It's funny you mention The Secrets of Kells because my boyfriend and I were talking about something and he mentioned this movie. xP Just thought it was weird you mentioned it because I never heard of this movie before until my bf said something about it.

EDIT: I just watched Lars and the Real Girl yesterday. I don't know if you ever saw it but I definitely wasn't expecting this movie to almost put me in tears twice. ...I get emotional easily sometimes... with the most random crap. It was a good, but different movie from what I intended to be.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:06 pm
So last night I watched Primer.

It was good, but it really does something to your brain the first time through.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:37 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
It's funny you mention The Secrets of Kells because my boyfriend and I were talking about something and he mentioned this movie. xP Just thought it was weird you mentioned it because I never heard of this movie before until my bf said something about it.

EDIT: I just watched Lars and the Real Girl yesterday. I don't know if you ever saw it but I definitely wasn't expecting this movie to almost put me in tears twice. ...I get emotional easily sometimes... with the most random crap. It was a good, but different movie from what I intended to be.

Word, so are you pushed to see it now then?

And interesting, I will definitly look it up and possibly give it a look laters ^_^  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:43 am
GoldDiggingWhore
So last night I watched Primer.

It was good, but it really does something to your brain the first time through.

Looks interesting, will give it a swing later.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:51 pm
Sagebomb

And interesting, I will definitly look it up and possibly give it a look laters ^_^

I'll probably watch it someday. It looked interesting.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:57 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Sagebomb

If it pushes you futher, I am getting your movie XD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:03 pm
Sagebomb
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Sagebomb

If it pushes you futher, I am getting your movie XD

lol. You don't have to do that.

I'll add The Secret of Kells to my Netflix list then. xP Maybe I'll watch it tomorrow while I wait for my dad to pick me up at the train.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:09 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

lol. You don't have to do that.

I'll add The Secret of Kells to my Netflix list then. xP Maybe I'll watch it tomorrow while I wait for my dad to pick me up at the train.

XD its all good, the reviews seem relativly good.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games