Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:16 am
Rosie's house was equip with a perfectly working doorbell, a way for anyone visiting to announce their arrival. It was almost a shame to the doorbell on how little it was actually used by the visitors, close friends and family were invited into the house with little announcement but to open the door with various calls of greeting if they so wished.
And such seemed to be the case today.

"Heeeey? I hope everyone's ready for this." A familiar masculine voice of Rosie's other cousin called from the entrance way following the sound of the door opening.
A female voice joining in with a happy "Hellooo"

Rodney, who had been sitting at one of the stools set up by the kitchen counter lifted his head from the paper he was looking over, but by the time he was moving to stand and greet the guests the younger of the two Ewells had set aside the library of music she had been going through on the couch, abandoning the MP3 in favor of hurrying to the little nook of an entrance.

"ROSIE!"
She hardly had to reach the tiled aria before a large man with dark blond hair and a muscular structure literally caught his counter cousin up into his arms and effortlessly lifted her up in a bear hug.
The girl giving out a surprised yelp that leaned into more of a laugh as she hugged her brother figure back.
"EVAN!"

"Oh my gosh we've got a whole party going on here, hey!" Evan took notice of the two kids he recognized as Rosie's friends, Luke, who he knew had been living here for sometime while he recovered from being paralyzed, and of course how could he forget Sera.

Alex stepped up behind Evan further into the house, waving to Rosie with a grin from over Evan's shoulder, as the man had yet to release his hug on her.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:21 am
Sera jerked her head up at the sudden influx of voices from the hall, though she remained where she sat on the couch and raised her hand in a light wave of greeting coupled with a casual, "What's up?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:36 am
Luke always found Rosie's interactions with her family briefly and mildly disorienting before reminding himself that the relationship between himself and his family was the one that was strange. As alien as it felt to witness, though, he certainly couldn't carry any qualms against something that made Rosie so happy. Keeping a quiet place on the couch beside Sera, he nodded his greeting.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:44 am
"Whats up! Well, my teams going to kick our rivals a** and go to the championships this weekend! are you coming to the game?" Came Evan's reply to Sera's greeting.

Rosie beamed at this, pulling back from the hug and landing on her feet when Evan let the blond down.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:47 am
"That's cool," the brunette replied, though she had almost no interest whatsoever in sports of any kind. Well, unless Pokemon training counted as a sport. Was she going? That was a no brainer. "Nope."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:53 am
A reflexively apologetic smile came to his expression in response to Sera's immediate and bluntly honest response - though, frankly speaking, he didn't have much interest in or knowledge of things related to sports himself.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:22 am
Rosie wasn't surprised either by Sera's reply either, nor by the tone of disappointment from Evan. "Shot down Sera, Ow."

At this point another voice spoke as another body stepped into the room from the doorway, towering Evan in height alone, as he lacked the bulk from the jock.
bright lively blue eyes found the two on the couch, drifting first over Luke for a moment before addressing Sera.
"What? Come on- there will be a bunch of hot guys in tight pants running around a field the whole time whats not to watch?" At this point it was clear from the way he wore his big grin and the laugh in his tone that he was playing around, something that wasn't uncommon whenever he interacted with his niece's sassy friend "I thought you would be into that kind of thing."
This comment earned him an elbow from the brunette next to him.

"Geeze, Ignore him." Alex said, shifting a box she had under one arm the other.

Bruce made a bit more of a show at being elbowed than he needed to be, tough perked right up when the youngest blond skipped up to greet her uncle warmly. Leaving Evan and Alex to advance further into the room, the Jock walking over to Luke, while Alex stopped to casually greet Rodney at the counter.
"Luke! Hey man, good to hear you're out of that wheelchair!" A large hand was held up for a high five. "Bet you're the one that feels the best about it huh?"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:29 am
There were a lot of reasons why she wouldn't be into that, but none that she really felt like going into, so instead she merely replied to both Evan and Bruce by sticking her studded tongue out at them briefly.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:45 am
Though he had nothing against Rosie's family, especially knowing that they were good, kind people, he couldn't get used to the boisterousness with which they tended to interact with others, and his own quiet demeanor didn't respond well to their loud, outgoing norm. He raised a hand to reciprocate the requested gesture, his expression passive, "I'm sure it's a relief for everyone else too." Most notably because he had escaped the need to inconvenience others to live his everyday.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:35 pm
Bruce grinned back at the tongue that Sera stuck out at him, "What kind of comeback is that?" he shrugged at her "You're losing your touch Sera."

The boy was certainly as Evan always knew him, quiet, and for the most part out of the way, He was like that the first time Rosie brought him home.
"That you're recovering? Yeah bet they are." the tall man straightened up, glancing at Rosie as she lead Bruce into the home but stopped next to Evan and Luke.
"They would be cold hearted friends if they weren't"

The blond arched her eyebrows as she walked into the conversation, "Yes." She agreed, with only an idea of what she was agreeing too, but thinking she knew the general topic of it.

"So you're walking now huh?" Bruce said from the counter with Alex and Rodney.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:43 pm
"It's the lazy comeback," she retorted with a huff, crossing her arms over her chest to look as offended as possible - not that she actually was offended. Yes, she was losing her touch, but she'd lost much more than that - him pointing it out only further reminded her of that, but it also reminded her that she needed to try to at least keep it up. At least, that's what it meant to her. "Don't make me come over there and beat you up or something," she added in pretend-menacing tones, though a small, amused smile made her look less threatening than she would've otherwise. Not that she appeared very threatening to begin with.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:55 pm
Well, that wasn't really what he had been referring to, but Luke knew better by now than to implicate himself as any kind of annoyance aloud, regardless of how much evidence there was to support the claim. He knew, though, that the assumed meaning of his words had some truth to it as well, and so he replied with mild shrug, a silent 'I guess so.'

He nodded in response, "Yeah. It's still kind of rough, but it's definitely easier than a week ago." And would likely by easier yet in another week, more so in another week after that, until normality was restored.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:04 pm
Bruce let out a hearty laugh at Sera's threat, putting his hands on the counter and looking across the room at the smallest girl in the room, with one arm no less.
"beat me up huh?"

Evan arched an eyebrow and flicked a hand up to point at his father "Hey, I'll help her."

"And if you guys do and break something, I'm kicking you out of this house." Rodney added from where he was still sitting.
Evan let out a chuckle, grinning at both Sera and Luke once more before he made his way over to the kitchen.

Evan didn't even need to be told, or ask permission as he started to shuffle his way around the kitchen, already having an idea of what he wanted to make and how he was going to go about it.
No one argued this, at it seemed to anyone that knew him that this was as normal and natural to them as anything.

Bruce was more than content to let Evan do the cooking, and Rosie after a smile to her friends, moved into the kitchen with the others to join her family and help Evan find what he needed.

"So why's it taking so long?" Bruce asked while Rodney and Alex chatted casually about school life.
The older man gesture to the cane by Luke "To walk, does it still hurt?"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:06 pm
"Yep, I'll come over there and beat you up," affirmed the smallest person in the room, let alone smallest girl. "And pssh, I don't need any help to do it." She almost sounded offended that someone would even insinuate she needed help to take him down.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:18 pm
"I don't understand it very well," he admitted, thinking through all the things he had been told during his various visits to the hospital and physical therapy facility. "Everyone's seemed kind of impressed that it's going so quickly, as slow as it feels. I think it's just a really complicated kind of injury; from what I do understand, it seems like anything related to the spine or nervous system takes a long time to heal properly." It all seemed like a very delicate process, and he was glad that he was apparently young and healthy enough that could beat the average. He shook his head faintly, "It's only really painful if I spend too long standing. Balance and stamina are the worst off now, like my body had completely forgotten that my legs existed and is having to adjust to them being there, I thinkā€¦?" A medical aficionado Luke was not.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff