Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Long Distance relationships

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

acobud

Shaggy Cub

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:35 pm
Okay so basically I have this online friend that I like and he told that he liked me BUT I'm 15 (turning 16 in january) and he's 19, I did muster up the courage to ask him out and we dated for two weeks until he told me that we should put it on hold until I turn 16 because he didn't feel comfortable about the fact that I was underage, that's understandable. I know for a fact that he's not some psycho weird dude that just wants to put his oui oui in my hon hon because we've skyped and cammed before and gosh he's so perfect BUT ANYWAYS. The the thing is can long distance relationships really work out? Like he lives about five hours away, but in a while that's gonna stack to six hours because he's gonna move. I mean I'm also really really paranoid that he might fool around with someone because before he was aware of the fact that I liked him he told me he made out with a guy that he wasn't even dating? And I just feel paranoid because if he did do anything with anyone I'd break because I really really do like him. What's your input on this people?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:13 pm
Oddly enough, i was just in a relationship almost identical. Guy was perfect. only a year older than me. (met on gaia as well, heh) But, it hurts. it's not always glamorous. After summer ended he left, said he'd be back in 3 month as he took care of his grandmother. i'd been dating him for 6 months at that point and gave him the benefit of the doubt. we'd skyped. Cammed. But never got to hear his voice on account he was really shy.

He was supposed to return a week ago. nothing. Checked his phone. skype. even his gaia. until.. yesterday, his account was online. changed name, still friends with me. i tried to talk to him and ask why he was late and he didnt reply. then i noticed he unfriended me. changed name. and blocked me outright. i know his account has been hacked before.. but .. it still felt like even if it wasn't him that i'd never hear from him again.

I'd be wary with online relationships. especially of that sort. im not saying they'll all turn out that way.. but.. theres a good chance that the reason someone is online is because theyre abusing the anonymity. I wish you luck :T  

Kawai taiga omocha

Rainbow Receiver

Emotional Support Gremlin

Shy Browser

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:54 am
Right now I am in a long distance relationship. We have been for 4 years now. ^^ I myself just turned 16 and he's 16 soon turning 17.
Honestly your age difference isn't that bad. I have a friend that is 16 but has a 21 year old boyfriend, so no worries about that. :'p
Sure, they can work out! I live in Denmark and he lives in Qatar (By Saudi Arabia) so it's quite a distance.
I honestly always thought it was some young silly thing at first but when it came close to a year I got very serious about it.
It isn't sunshine and rainbows all the time, it can be very difficult not being able to touch each other, but you shouldn't give up that easily.
I guess you're more lucky as it's only a few hours away, mm?

I wish you both luck and I hope that you'll stay with each other for a long time. c':

Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games