• Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:03 pm
athan & anya's Dorm

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:17 pm
VANYA LARIONOV ▇ ▆ ▅ ▂ ▁
[ Ваня Ларионов ]

User ImageLife every man holds dear;
but the dear man holds ℌonor far more precious dear than life.

William Shakespeare

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

• • • [ Vanya brought a modest amount of belongings with him to his assigned dorm room. His home was in the area, but the drive each day would be tiresome. There was someone... in fact a few people watching over his residence. He didn't live alone. In fact, he wasn't alone even now. Upon arriving at his assigned room, he slid the key in and entered. The room was nice, but fairly cramped. "They could have made more room if they didn't get such large beds..." he muttered to himself.

There was a computer already in the room provided by the school. Of course, so we can work anywhere he thought. He did share the room with another teacher, Nathan Snow. Earlier he had heard that surname from a student. That student's name was Noah if he recalled correctly. There was a chance that Mr. Snow's brother could be his roommate.

He supposed he should salt the dorm before they came. He had to make sure it was decorative, so he made colored salt jars. They looked a bit elementary. He even got bath salts as an excuse to have it around. As he placed them down, his luggage toppled over, spilling it's contents. "You have to respect our privacy. You're just going to have to get over it" he said, facing the luggage. He placed the last salt down then let out a sigh of relief. He was finally alone. ] • • •

The greatest way to live with ℌonor in this world
is to be what we pretend to be.

Socrates

BloodxEagle

Partying Bloodsucker

17,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

High-functioning Warlord

10,215 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:28 pm
THE GENIUS ȘNOW

User Image

Nathan had seen his little brother to his dorm but facing his own was not something he wanted to do... He found it hard to share space with others, granted he was more in control of the whole snow and ice thing it was his plants he missed...not many look to kindly on potting mix on the floor and long green vines on the walls, but that was comfortable to Nathan, inviting, cozy...but the prize for being able to watch Noah closely was just one he'd have to pay.
He'd talked to the school and convinced them to let him have a small personal garden so long as he shared what he'd grown and it wasn't too far from his dorm, it was a place to be alone with his plants.
He dragged in some clothes, his favorite blankets even some yarn and knitting needles, he used to be quite good.
He opened the door and the first thing he saw was colored salt and his heart sank, oh...they know their boarding with an ice freak.... Nathan had a special hate for salt, and he was a rather passive man so for him to have a hate was strong. As a child when his power surfaced he was bombarded with salt by children in the neighborhood almost daily. But he understood the need for the salt and he tried to just over look it as he entered the room.
"Oh, professor Larionov, its you, I wasn't aware we would be boarding together." he said and remembered the gift he'd brought, "Oh um," he reached into his suitcase and pulled free a small bag with green leafs inside, "Its tea, from my garden, a blend of green and camomile, it does wonders for stress." he said politely.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:16 pm
VANYA LARIONOV ▇ ▆ ▅ ▂ ▁
[ Ваня Ларионов ]

William Shakespeare

• • • [ Vanya was far more relaxed then usual. With all the salts around, everything was quiet for once. He looked over as Mr. Snow entered the dorm room. He got up at once "Oh, hello. I do hope that you were able to get your stuff over her without trouble." He gave him a slight smile.

He looked at the bags as he offered the gifts. "Thank you. You can put that in the kitchen area. Perhaps we can share some sometime" he grabbed his own stuff, looking around. "You might need this..." he said as he fished out a watch made with iron "If you don't like it, I have other items made of iron to pick from. It would be wise to wear it on the way to or inside the dorm." He got up and picked up one of the colored salt jars. "These probably look childish, I'll swap it with the gem salt I have." He went back to his bag and started replacing them. He was still sorting out his own things. ] • • •

Socrates

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

BloodxEagle

Partying Bloodsucker

17,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

High-functioning Warlord

10,215 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:32 pm
BloodEagle1447

Nathan raised an eyebrow, okay...so the salts weren't for him. Then why so much salt? Surely it wasn't for eating, one wouldn't consume gem salt. That would be quite the expensive taste, literally. Nathan took the watch with a mumbled thank you and headed to the kitchen. Nathan had an unearthly sense about time, he was almost always right on the dot with time. Not just oh 12:30, or 6:20...no no 3:36 and 9:59s he was good. But, roommates give gifts right? Ice breaking or something....
Nathan put the tea in a cupboard, he didn't think to bring his mug or his favorite plate Noah had made in the third grade...Oh well, those things were still at home.
Nathan came back and started to pull free his belongings, clothes, those blankets, knitting needles, a picture of his baby brother and his mother together..he should come by soon with that bacopa plant...
Wait...iron...salt? Nathan looked over at Vanya, "So um...you, by any chance..." Nathan turned so he was facing the other man, "Wouldn't be into anything of the paranormal sort would you? Ghosts, demons...the whole nine..." he asked, that whole scene made him a bit uncomfortable.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:57 pm
VANYA LARIONOV ▇ ▆ ▅ ▂ ▁
[ Ваня Ларионов ]

William Shakespeare

• • • [ It was obvious he didn't like it. If he didn't he just had to say so, he had other items with him. He wanted to make sure he used it. He dismissed it, not thinking it was a big issue. He went around the room and finished up. Once he was done, he sat himself down with a book. Mr. Snow just went around sorting his own things about. He looked up when he heard his voice. His expression turned to one of shock. "It... there's..." he stuttered then looked away, burring his face in his book "There isn't any here now. That's why I have the salts. I mean I like my privacy, you know? I only see ghosts so it's nothing crazy like demons or anything... you don't have to worry since they only bother me." It wasn't like he had a choice that he was born with this "gift". Ghosts tended to cling to him since he was one of the rare living they could communicate with. Most of them weren't malicious. He'd have to go to somewhere sketchy to run into the violent ones. There was one ghost that specifically followed him around though. He also wasn't violent though. In fact, he helped out a lot. He let out a sigh and lowered the book, placing it to the side.] • • •

Socrates

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

BloodxEagle

Partying Bloodsucker

17,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

High-functioning Warlord

10,215 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 pm
BloodEagle1447

THE GENIUS ȘNOW

User Image
Nathan let out a sigh of relief and plopped down on his bed, "Oh thats good." he smiled and laid down, "My brother, foolishly..... he and a friend well...." he sighed loudly quoting his mother, "Boys will be boys...." he glared at the ceiling. Not that it was his first cross with ghosts....he, his brother and his father were oh so neatly cursed by a vengeful spirit long long ago. For a long time Nathan said nothing but when he did speak again, "When I was a boy a spirit came into my room, a horrible sight, a tall ghastly woman who was blue from the snow and stood there for hours just staring at me. Weeks and weeks of this went on until she did what she did...my touched his chest and my hair went white from fright or the curse and I was cold...so cold and she was gone." he said, it was a painful memory, he didn't like thinking about it...which why he didn't like ghosts.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:59 pm
VANYA LARIONOV ▇ ▆ ▅ ▂ ▁
[ Ваня Ларионов ]

William Shakespeare

• • • [ He was about to speak as he laid down to see if he wanted to trade out the watch, but it seemed like he was having a moment. He closed his mouth and shut himself up. After a while of silence, Mr. Snow opened his mouth to speak again. It seemed like there was more to the story then he said. He wasn't rude enough to pry. "Mhn, ghosts can be pretty... well, unattractive. I'd be in trouble for saying that if I didn't have the salts in here" he chuckled ,"They aren't monsters though... not all of them. They were human before. After seeing them for all your life, their dramatic appearance seems to loose importance." It was rare for him to talk so openly about his ability. The last time he did was a long time ago. ] • • •

Socrates

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

BloodxEagle

Partying Bloodsucker

17,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

High-functioning Warlord

10,215 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:22 pm
BloodEagle1447

THE GENIUS ȘNOW

User Image

"So," Nathan said and sat up, "I'm guessing you've seen them what, your entire life?" he asked. Once was quite enough for him, the stringy hair, her blue skin....yes once was quite enough not to mention for his brother who hounded him week after week about this woman because he was bound to be cursed as well. Nathan got off his bed and grabbed his knitting needles and his scarf in progress and continued to knit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:39 pm
VANYA LARIONOV ▇ ▆ ▅ ▂ ▁
[ Ваня Ларионов ]

William Shakespeare

• • • [ "Pretty much" he replied, "I don't know about when I was just born, but I've been told that I threw such fits as a child that I must have." He smiled at the thought. He was too young to remember such things. He wasn't sure if he inherited it since he was adopted. From what he heard from ghosts that wasn't the case. "I used to think they were all evil... but that changed..." His face looked solemn upon remembering. When it went silent, he decided to turn his attention back to his book. He looked back down to see where he left off then flipped the page. ] • • •

Socrates

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

BloodxEagle

Partying Bloodsucker

17,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

High-functioning Warlord

10,215 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:13 pm
BloodEagle1447

THE GENIUS ȘNOW

User Image

"Ah, I see..." Nathan said letting it drop. Vanya was clearly not interested in continuing this conversation so Nathan went back to his knitting. Despite ghosts lingering in the air around Vanya Nathan noticed a calm atmosphere around the other man. Nathan could get used to this calm, quite down time.
"So, what are your favorite colors?" he asked seemingly random.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:27 pm
VANYA LARIONOV ▇ ▆ ▅ ▂ ▁
[ Ваня Ларионов ]

William Shakespeare

• • • [ Vanya looked up from the book confused. It felt like a random question to him. He paused, thinking things over. He liked wearing dark un-colorful clothing, but nothing on the grey scale was his favorite color. Red was a color that disturbed him, yellow was too bright, green might be a good choice or blue, purple was too feminine. "Green" he said, finally making a decision. He had been asked the question before usually never really cared to make a choice. I think the last time I answered that question I said blue... he thought to himself. "Also, if you'd prefer something else besides the watch it doesn't matter. I have a few things to chose from in my bag. I don't think any of them will bother you, but it's a good safety measure" he mentioned before looking back down to his book. ] • • •

Socrates

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

BloodxEagle

Partying Bloodsucker

17,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

High-functioning Warlord

10,215 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:00 pm
BloodEagle1447

THE GENIUS ȘNOW

User Image

"Green huh?" Nathan looked though his bag for green yarn...green...green.....there's blue, pink, white....ah ha! Forest green. Vanya seemed like the kind of man who liked his dark colors, no light green. This yarn was hardy yet soft.
"How's this?" he asked holding up the dark yarn. Hmm, maybe a sage green with this? It would be a nice compliment.
"If you have anything in a necklace would be nice." Nathan said responding to Vanya's question.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:31 pm
VANYA LARIONOV ▇ ▆ ▅ ▂ ▁
[ Ваня Ларионов ]

William Shakespeare

• • • [ He looked over curiously yet again. Yarn? He glanced over seeing a scarf in the making. Was he planning on making something? "... Maybe something like in a light olive green" he answered. It wasn't his favorite, but out of the shades of green it suited him best. Vanya had hazel eyes and it would bring out the color more. It wasn't really green and brown but more a green and gold. He couldn't assume whatever he was making was for him. "Are you planning on making something?" he asked. If it was for something else, another color might be more suitable.

He placed down his book then got up. He went to his bag, pulling out a few amulets. Mr. Snow was a male so something that wasn't flash but simple would be best. He mostly brought some simpler ones since the flashy ones took up space. "You can pick whatever one you like" he said once he weeded through them. He wasn't limited to just iron and salt now that it was an amulet. He laid a few of them out. Once he was done, he sat himself down. He didn't pick his book back up just yet. If he needed to ask anything else, he wanted to give him his undivided attention. ] • • •

Socrates

Kitsune_Hitsugaya

BloodxEagle

Partying Bloodsucker

17,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Dormitories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]