• Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:08 pm
Your teacher
Damon Fleetfoot
Centaur

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:25 pm
User ImageDamon let out a content sigh as be moved about the stables getting the stalls clean and the tack prepped for the start of classes. He bad stayed with the herd during the summer never traveling far unless he had to. It only made sense to have a centaur be the one to teach the students about horses considering he could understand them better then anyone else could. There were times he was lonely and wished for a human voice but he could always go and visit the teachers or students if that happened.

Once he had finished his work Damon left the stables and changed to his natural form trotting off to see if there was anything he could do now.

(exit)  

the gothic beauty 2

8,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:12 pm
the gothic beauty 2

User Image

Sato wandered into the stable area after getting lost on his first day at the academy. "Where did I end up at?" he questioned himself not knowing where he was at and he hadn't seen anyone around. This was only making him more nervous and scared. His ears were standing up straight at every sound he heard nearby and nose picking up scents he hadn't smelled before. He peered on inside, his long ears showing first then his face before slowly walking inside the stables.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:36 pm
Genkawolf

User ImageDamon trotted back to the stables having wandered about the school for a few hours and deciding he should get ready for a class. That was when be saw the stable door was open, and he remembered he closed it. "Hello... Can I help you with something?" He asked a bit curious as to why a lone student would be coming to his class unlesstjey were lost. He didn't have any beginners class set up today only advanced students.

"I'm Damon, what is your name?" He asked wondering if the other would like some company.  

the gothic beauty 2

8,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:50 pm
the gothic beauty 2

User Image

Sato was distracted by his surroundings and looking at what was inside the stables that he didn't notice the sounds of someone approaching the stables. He jumped a little and one of his rabbit ears twitched then he slowly turned around to face the person where the voice was going from. "I'm...a bit lost" he admitted and felt embarrassed making his cheeks on his face turn red. He noticed the person he was looking at has half of a body of a horse. "My name is Sato Yoshi" he said and bowed his head to be polite. He suspected this centaur to be a teacher for some sort of class involving this stables.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:03 pm
Genkawolf

User Image"Well Sato, I'm sure you are aware this is the stables. It is one of the farther places on campus as the horses need space to run freely. I can help you locate your destination if you would like. I don't have a class for awhile yet." He smiled gently hoping to put the other at ease. If he was still nervous due to his large size he could change to a two legged variety.

"Unless you were looking to take riding lessons of course, then your actually in the right place. I teach caring for your mount as well as how to ride. Who better then a centaur!" He laughed gently at his own logic before moving a bit closer.  

the gothic beauty 2

8,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:48 pm
the gothic beauty 2

User Image

Now that they have introduced themselves to each other, Sato felt a little less scared and not imagining about getting punished for entering the stables without permission anymore. He thought it was extra embarrassing that he was far off from his intended destination which was a place he couldn't quite recall what it was, but assumed he would know it when he sees it. He continued on listening to Damon talk and he became more interested in the riding lessons. He briefly imagined himself riding a horse and take care of one.
Sato reflexively took a small step back when Damon moved a bit closer. He has always kept a certain distance when first meeting people, mostly for people older and bigger than him. "Oh, so you are a teacher, cool. Well, I'm looking to take some riding lessons" he said smiling a little thinking he won't be in any danger now. Sato felt a bit foolish feeling like he should be fearing the teacher because the centaur hadn't done anything yet to make him feel frighten. He reached into his shorts pocket recalling that he had a list of classes he was supposed to attend over the semester and pulled the folded up paper out then saw equestrian after looking at it for a few seconds, "Today is my first day being at an academy because I have only been to small town public schools. So what I am trying is...I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing" he said with a sheepish smile.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:00 pm
Genkawolf

User ImageThe centaur moved back then seeing as the boy didn't want him coming closer. "Oh so you will be taking a beginners class then. If this is your first time at an academy I can understand how you got lost. It took me some time to get used to the layout as well." He smiled at the boy then and moved towards the stable. "We can start with the tack. The saddle, bridle, reins and the grooming supplies. If you want I can start by showing you how to groom a horse. Usually as a beginner I allow students to practice on me. Since I don't bite when it isn't done properly." He laughed remembering the shock of a few students that didn't realize he was the teacher.  

the gothic beauty 2

8,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:06 pm
the gothic beauty 2

User Image

Sato smiled at hearing that even the teacher got lost on his first time at the academy and he became hopeful that he would get used to the layout too. He continued on listening to Damon about what he could start learning. He thought it over for a few seconds and the last thing mentioned sounded fun to him because he gets to practice on the teacher. "How to groom a horse, please" he said politely with a smile feeling excited. Picking the grooming option meant he warmed up enough to be okay with standing closer to Damon.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:26 pm
]
Genkawolf

User Image"Grooming it is then. Follow me to the tack shed then." He said softly walking into the stables and stopping outside of a closet of sorts. "Since I am too large to go into the closet I want you to get the bucket. It has everything you need to groom a horse. This is my own set, each horse will have their own set of brushes and picks. It keeps things neater that way and each horse has a unique scent only they can smell so sharing a comb is sometimes challenging."

When he had the bucket Damon smiled and went to a section of the stable with drains. "If I were a horse I would be tethered to these two points. This is where students wash their horse as well as groom them. The first brush you want is called a curry comb. It will the the silver one. It looks like a circle within a circle on a handle. This is moved over the coat in circular motions to remove dirt and mud. Try it now."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

the gothic beauty 2

8,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:24 pm
the gothic beauty 2

User Image

Sato followed Damon to the tack shed and he was at three feet distance. He enters the closet for the teacher and retrieves the bucket Damon was talking about. He went on to following Damon to the place next needed to go to on the stable grounds. He was focused enough to be listening and not be distracted by his over imagination too much and it didn't want it getting in the way of his learning something new.
Took a glance at the two points that a horse would normally be tethered to. Setting down the bucket Sato looked inside of it to find the curry comb the teacher describes then he picks it. Holding the curry comb in his hand by the hand and he moves closer to the teacher's horse half then moved the brush around on the coat in circular motions. Sato is a active boy who enjoys hands-on activities like this instead of sitting still instead still at a desk in a classroom.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:47 am
]
Genkawolf

User Image"Good. You have the right amount of pressure to get the dirt off and not to harm the horse. Alright once that is done, you take the larger brush with stiff bristles. This you just sweep the dirt and exess hair that your comb removed off. Flicking your wrist works best for this. For this brush you want to go with the coat. Go the same direction as the hair." He waited to see how Sato did before continuing. "Once you are finished with that the softer brush is for the horse's face and the last one with tan bristles is the finishing brush. It gets the coat sleek and shiny."

He looked at the bucket for a moment and spoke again. "There is also a pick which is used to remove dirt and rocks from a hoof. This is a bit harder to use but I trust you can handle it. When you are ready, you will want to let the horse know your going to need its foot. You do this by running your hand down the desired leg. They should pick up their foot and then you can pull it back against their stomach giving you room to work."  

the gothic beauty 2

8,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:29 pm
the gothic beauty 2

User Image

Sato smiled pleased that he was using the curry comb right. He stopped once Damon began to talk about the next brush, he returned the one he had in his hand to the bucket and took out the larger brush with stiff bristles. He understood now why this area would have drain so the dirt and loose hairs could be drained away. Sato made sure to have a good grip on the brush then he began to use the brush and flicked his wrist in the direction the hair naturally goes.
He put away the brush he was using once he got enough practice then looked inside the bucket at the other brushes teacher mentions. He imagined the coat of the horse he would be taking care of and the teacher coat looking sleek and shiny and that brought a warm smile to his face. He listened to Damon to speak again and pick up the pick out of the bucket. The appearance of the tool reminded him of the dentist, but with a bigger hook. He decided to practice on one of the front feet. With his height being shorter than Damon's height he didn't have to bend his knees much when he runs his hand down the leg he wants to use. Sato couldn't help thinking that the teacher's leg felt felt nice to his hand and that made him blush lightly.
Once Damon picked up the foot he wanted to use pulls it back against the centaur's stomach then held the pick in his other hand and started using it to remove any dirt and rocks from the hoof. He carefully let's go after he was done with the pick.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:58 pm
Genkawolf

User Image"Wonderful job Sato! You have taken your first steps in learning how to become a good horse owner. Why don't I help you find a good horse now? You can put that away and come join me by the paddock. I'll gather the herd."

He left the stables then and whistled the horses coming to him once again. The group had several stallions but he was the leader of the herd and they respected that. There were also mares and gelding and Damon entered the paddock going towards the center of the herd to pick out a palamino mare. She was gentle and would be great for a boy like Sato.

Clipping a bridle onto her harness he brought her out and waited for Sato to see if he liked her. "You will get to name your horse and she will be your responibility from now on. If you become sick I will care for her but only then. Why don't you spend some time with her?"  

the gothic beauty 2

8,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:00 pm
the gothic beauty 2

User Image

Sato smiled brightly when he was praised by the teacher and he was looking forward to becoming good horse owner. He figured his training will turn out good with such cool teacher overseeing the training. He nodded, "Yes, Damon" he said happily and those are the first words he said in a long while because he hadn't spoken since before the grooming lessons. He returned the pick to the bucket then picked up bucket and carried it back to the tack shed.
After he left the bucket inside the tack shed where he was he had gotten it he skipped half way to the paddock since he was in good mood then walked quickly so he doesn't keep Damon and his chosen horse waiting. He smiled again when he approached them already the horse that Damon has picked out for him. He listened to what the teacher says to him. "Understood and thank you very much Damon" he said to him and bowed. He looked at the palomino horse then nodded, "Yeah, I should and that may help me come with a good name" he responded to spending time with his horse.  
Classrooms

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff