Unusual older games (that we love) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:11 pm
When I get around to talking with other gamers about old games, usually the same ones get brought up. Bring up older Final Fantasy and people will probably talk about 6-10, sometimes 4 and 5. Talk about Sonic and people will definitely talk about the older ones. Or other 'common' oldies, like Metal Gear Solid or Resident Evil. Or maybe even Pong and Frogger.

But what about older games that you don't see much talk on, but you love anyways?

There is a large list of such games I would love to chat about, if I could find people who also played them. Like how I keep my PS1 around solely for Tomba!, which the PS2 won't play. I've been thinking lately about hooking it back up to play that one again. It was silly, nice to look at, fun to play, and rewarded exploring around. One part I always remember is coming upon the dwarf's forest and seeing how it all the trees had big colorful gumballs instead of leaves. Then you had to find and bite a few dwarves to learn their language xd

Or the Genesis I keep for games like Puggsy. I mean, I do still have various Sonic Genesis games, but I'll play others like Puggsy or Ecco just as often when I decide to take that system out for a spin.

Any such games you'd love to chat about? I might know a few. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:00 am
man I remember frogger that was a super fun game, friends and I would play it and challenge each other to beat the level faster then one another  

Ban Novaborn
Crew

Dedicated Sex Symbol

7,100 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:51 am
Tenebris Sol
man I remember frogger that was a super fun game, friends and I would play it and challenge each other to beat the level faster then one another

I never had a chance to play Frogger itself, but I have played several clones of it. There was one where you were some critter in a maze of busy roads and the goal was to paint every square of road. It was frustrating at times (cars zooming out and running over you before you had a chance to get back off the road) but also fun at times and satisfying to beat.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:37 pm
Ysavvryl
Tenebris Sol

I never had a chance to play Frogger itself, but I have played several clones of it. There was one where you were some critter in a maze of busy roads and the goal was to paint every square of road. It was frustrating at times (cars zooming out and running over you before you had a chance to get back off the road) but also fun at times and satisfying to beat.
indeed it was haha that and pacman so the old super mario world  

Ban Novaborn
Crew

Dedicated Sex Symbol

7,100 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:26 pm
I still have a Super Nintendo Entertainment System, PlayStation 1, and a Nintendo 64 that I do play on from time to time. In fact I have my SNES currently hooked up and before Christmas I was playing RoboTrek on it. The game RoboTrek is about a boy whose planning on following in the footsteps of his inventor father, the hero's father leaves to go on a trip, and the boy ends up getting caught up on an adventure that involves pirates known as Hackers and a mysterious stone known as the Tetron.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:44 pm
Clock Tower.

Its still to this day the only game to scare the absolute crap outta me. And it was way back on the SNES.

Yet no one remembers it = A=  

English_Biscuit
Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:50 am
Kula World.
I used to love playing that on PS1 as a kid.
Bought it on PSP last year and I still love it xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:40 am
fairy-phoenix
I still have a Super Nintendo Entertainment System, PlayStation 1, and a Nintendo 64 that I do play on from time to time. In fact I have my SNES currently hooked up and before Christmas I was playing RoboTrek on it. The game RoboTrek is about a boy whose planning on following in the footsteps of his inventor father, the hero's father leaves to go on a trip, and the boy ends up getting caught up on an adventure that involves pirates known as Hackers and a mysterious stone known as the Tetron.

That sounds fun!  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:42 am
English_Biscuit
Clock Tower.

Its still to this day the only game to scare the absolute crap outta me. And it was way back on the SNES.

Yet no one remembers it = A=

I've heard about it before. And I won't play it because I get scared easily. gonk Seriously, that game sounds like a nightmare. Still, it must be pretty good to be that way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:43 am
Hatchet_90
Kula World.

Now there's one I haven't heard of. What's it about?  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:57 am
Ysavvryl

It's a 3D platform-based puzzle game. You are a beach ball who must collect items and solve the puzzle with gravity and physics hindering your path to advance through the levels. xd so frustrating at times, but really fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:00 am
Hatchet_90
Ysavvryl

It's a 3D platform-based puzzle game. You are a beach ball who must collect items and solve the puzzle with gravity and physics hindering your path to advance through the levels. xd so frustrating at times, but really fun.

Awesome! Might have to poke around and see if I can find a copy of that. Reminds me of Marble Madness from the NES. I think there's also an indie computer game out there somewhere about playing as a ball, but I don't remember the name of it.  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

English_Biscuit
Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:12 am
Hatchet_90
Kula World.

Baha! I thought I was the only one who had heard of this. It took so much of my childhood away xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:52 pm
The early Warcraft games back when it was a rts...oh and Rise of Nations.  

Hey its Nyarlathotep

Crew

Shapeshifter

11,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

ucrayn

Egg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:35 pm
Aladdin on the Genesis.  
Game chat