Castlevania RP OoC

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:27 am
I'm used to building games with loads of information, so even though I pared it down a bit, I hope you're prepared to read. xd

Castlevania: Call of Darkness - plot

In 1999, the centuries long war between the most powerful vampire lord, Vlad Tepes Dracula, and the greatest vampire hunters, the Belmont clan, seemed to come to a decisive end with the defeat of Dracula. Having planned out the battle and gained many allies, Julius Belmont managed to lure Dracula out of Castlevania, the mysterious place of chaos which was both the vampire lord's sanctuary and source of power. Julius battled Dracula while a group of his allies sealed off the castle using the power of the solar eclipse hanging in the sky overhead. Cut off from Castlevania, Dracula was defeated and his wicked soul nearly destroyed.

Nearly. Several fragments of his dark power scattered into the world, reappearing in several people instead of a single individual. They remained dormant until just recently, in the year 2035. With a new solar eclipse active, Castlevania reappeared in the world and summoned the heirs of Dracula's power back to it. A new battle has begun, to see which one is the true heir of Dracula and will become the new master of Castlevania. And you are one of those heirs.

Notes

As you may have noticed, this is based off the Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow pair within the Castlevania series. Except without Soma. The goal of this game is pretty simple: explore the castle, find new powers, and try to become its new master. Or you can decide to try destroying it once and for all, work with or against other characters... it's all fair game as long as the game stays within Castlevania. Although romance is mostly out; I'll pitch monsters at characters if the romance is deemed out of place.

The game will run until one character becomes the new Lord Dracula, at which point an end-game section will begin. Something I'm willing to tell you right off is that this can end badly if that character has poor relations with other characters. The castle is chaotic evil, after all, and will attempt to push its new master over the edge.

Although the characters have a portion of Dracula's soul in them, this does not mean they have to be like him. Heirs can be male or female, good or evil. They can live anywhere in the world, as they will be immediately teleported into the castle at the start of the eclipse (which means you might show up in your pajamas or something). They can be experienced with weaponry or not at all, as once you're in the castle, the soul fragment will allow you to quickly master whichever weapon you choose. The castle will also grant you some equipment when you arrive, nothing high-end but what you'd expect of starting equipment; you can decide on what you get or let me give you what I think you need.

You do have the choice of being good or evil. However, if your character is too far on the evil side, I will have to veto that and take over the character to act as a villain. I'll give you a warning or two before doing so.

There will be a Belmont exploring the castle too, but I will have control over him. I will also control Death, who has a pretty important role in things, as well as minor NPCs if needed.

Due to the basis of this RP, most of your power will come through defeating monsters and absorbing their souls. You will then be able to use some skill or spell related to that monster. For the most part, I will list a group of monsters in the area you're in and you are free to fight and defeat which ones you like. If I approve of how it was done, I will add the monster's soul to your character's skill list. There will be exceptions, such as bosses and special monsters that I control; you will not be able to state within your posts that you defeat them, only make an attack/tactic description from which I'll give the results. If you're not sure what a particular enemy is like, state that your character is observing them and I'll make a detailed post on it.

If you want to bring in a concept from another Castlevania game, ask about it and I'll see what can be done. I'm familiar with most of the games. There's a few things that I won't be allowing, such as the Devil Forgemaster class (it won't make sense, although I will allow familiars to come from from certain souls).

Castle Map

I have a map of the game! Come back later and I'll have it up here...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:37 am
Character List

PM me your character. When approved, I'll post it here, updating with equipment and ability changes. I'd prefer it if you used this form to create characters with:

Name:
Age: (Under 36 is preferred, but I'll consider older characters)
Description:
Personality:
History: (if needed)

Equipment: (What the castle gives you at the start; I'll update when you find and equip things.)

Skills: (For my use.)

Castle Area: (Optional. The design, theme, monsters, location, a special room or two, area boss fight... the final arrangements will be made by me, but I'll attempt to use requested locations. This section won't appear in this post.)

-+-

Player: Tenebris Sol
Name: Damos

Description: Damos growing up had a rough child hood due to his being different, He was born with mercury colored eyes. he is 6' 5'' 345 lbs 95% muscle he was bigger then most people in his hometown in Far Rockaway NY

Personality: Calm protective and laid back, his deepest fear is being alone even if he isn't directly interacted with he wants people around him. by nature he is subservient he looks for some one with a dominant personality and be comes an instrument for their wants but on the same token he wants to be respected and know that he is not a force to be trifled with.

History: As a child Damos was considered an out cast due to his size and eyes, to this he naturally developed a sense for staying to him self as well as letting nothing bother him. but when something does get under his skin he quickly makes sure it doesn't bother anything again

Equipment: (What the castle gives you at the start; I'll update when you find and equip things.)

Skills: unmatched Hand to hand combat skills and decent with a whip moves quickly really thick skin and numb to pain (not invulnerable you can break his arm he wont feel it but he obviously wouldn't be able to use that arm)  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:41 am
Okay, discussion topic open for discussion. smile Feel free to ask me any questions about how things work or what would be allowed. I'll post the game thread itself when there's a couple of characters to work with. Latecomers are free to join all the way up until the end-game section begins.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:57 am
Ysavvryl
Okay, discussion topic open for discussion. smile Feel free to ask me any questions about how things work or what would be allowed. I'll post the game thread itself when there's a couple of characters to work with. Latecomers are free to join all the way up until the end-game section begins.
First off, I ABSOLUTELY love this idea, I love castlevsania I would happily partake in this RP hell I will even take the time to make a character for your approval asap and send you a PM  

Ban Novaborn
Crew

Dedicated Sex Symbol

7,100 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:00 am
Tenebris Sol
Ysavvryl
First off, I ABSOLUTELY love this idea, I love castlevsania I would happily partake in this RP hell I will even take the time to make a character for your approval asap and send you a PM

Yay! Thanks; it's one that I ran before, on a much more stringent RP forum (the information there was over twice as long due to their requirements). I hope we can explore more of the castle this time. smile

I'll be offline momentarily (housework to be done), but I'll be back on later to see what you've got.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:13 am
Only have one character sent in... I was hoping for another before getting started for more interaction.  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Role play

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces