Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:50 pm
Not too long after a certain meeting, Tambrey took a chance to access her messages.
It was during this that she realised it would probably be wise to make sure some of those who hadn't been present at the meeting, but who would undoubtedly be necessary in many of the phases of the projects to come, should receive a briefing, or some kind of memo or information regarding what had been covered. It would be nice, too, to learn a little more about more of the other departments and just what range of talents they really had...
She was well aware that, in the Science Department, talents were very varied from member to member... In the Tech Department, certain members even had access to resources that seemed, currently, slightly restricted within the temporary base.
The Elite she had in mind, however, did have a bit of a... reputation.
Still, better to try and gather as many talents as possible, than back down for some anxiety.
Tambrey had, therefore, communicated with, and received an invitation of an appointment with Seth; she tried very hard to keep a certain, years-old, image from her mind as she stood in the elevator up to his receptionist's office, on her way to the appointment. She suspected that, as useless as being a wimp in front of him would be, he rather wouldn't appreciate giggling either...

It had almost been a shame to -not- wear her uniform; to her it was still new, and she rather relished it as a symbol of the new, if still somewhat limited, freedom she'd gained with the promotion, however, it wouldn't really be wise to wear it in public, so she dressed casually, but smart.

A pair of slacks, a blue blouse and flat, tan, shoes accompanied by her basalt necklace, glasses and a blue hair tie for a ponytail; Tambrey felt like she probably looked at least a little professional.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:08 pm
When Tambrey arrived she would find a woman sitting behind a desk, doing work on her computer. She looked up as she noticed the young woman walk in.

"Can I help you?" She asked, looking Tambrey up and down. After all she didn't look like the type of person that normally came up here.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:27 pm
"Uh... I have a, um, appointment with Seto Kaiba?" Tambrey gave her most winning smile, feeling a little intimidated. "So... Um. I'm here. Hello."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:36 pm
The woman stared down her nose at Tambrey as if she had asked something completely absurd.

"Really? Are you sure you're not here for Mokuba Kaiba?"

Surely this timid girl wouldn't be here to see the older and more volatile of the two brothers.

"Your name, please?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:14 pm
Wait, what? Did she have his codename wrong or something? No, no, it was definitely Seto... Definitely.
"Uh. I... I don't know who that is. I'm definitely hear to see Seto Kaiba, please?" She straightened up a little; ah good, if she was taking her name, then she must be taking her seriously.
"Tabitha, uh, Tabitha Brown."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:30 pm
The woman lifted a brow but checked the appointment schedule. And sure enough her name was there. Well then.

The woman then stood and walked from around her desk. "Please follow me Miss Brown," she said and led Tambrey down a small hall that contained an office, but passed it by. Instead she went to another elevator and went inside.

They would take that elevator up one more level, the top one, and directly to a large spacious office.

"Mr. Kaiba your appointment is here, a Miss Tabitha Brown."

The secretary didn't leave the elevator but motioned for Tambrey to go in.

Seth looked up from what he was doing at a luxurious wooden desk. The wall behind him being nothing but windows that overlooked the city.

"Very well," Seth acknowledged, waiting for Tambrey to come in and for the secretary to leave.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:44 pm
"Um. Thank you." 'Tabitha' followed the secretary into the elevator, and up to Seth's office.
She waited politely, rocking on the balls of her feet as the elevator ascended, and then waiting until she was ushered out and into the office.
"Mr. Kaiba, um, nice to meet you." She started, automatically.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:25 am
Once the secretary was gone, Seto stood. He was dressed in a sharp buisness suit as one would expect of the CEO of a large company.

"Indeed, Agent Tambrey," he replied before motioning for her to sit at one of the chairs in front of his desk.

A large shiny Luxray with a spiked collar would then stride across the room to check Tambrey out. Once he decided that she was acceptable, he walked in the windows and flopped on the floor to lounge in a sun spot.

"What do you have for me?" The man then continued before sitting down once more.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:30 am
Tambrey began to relax as the secretary left and, despite the intimidating elite, things dropped back into 'rocket norm' a little... Right up until a large, shiny, electric type came to check her out.
She froze, refusing to move until the luxray moved off again, and then, crossing to the chair, with a wary look to the beast, keeping an eye on it until she was 'safely' sitting down.

Well, this was going to be fun then... She tried to focus on work.
"Um. Well. I guess it's safe to talk then? Um. First of all, there's this; she handed a flash drive across the desk. It has encrypted... stuff on it so you'll need to um, do whatever it is gets in unencrypted..." She had no idea; computing was not an expert skill of her's "But there's a lot of notes on there about the recent meeting."  
BlackPidgeot rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:04 am
There was a distinctly annoyed look on his face as the girl spoke, but for now he didn't say anything.

Instead he reached across his desk to take the flash drive.

"I see, that won't be a problem but I will have to look at this downstairs."

With that he rose from his chair, beckoning Tambrey to follow him back to the elevator.

The Luxray looked up, catching Seto's eye. "Stay here," he told the Pokemon, who went back to it's lounging.

As they entered the elevator, the man produced a necklace from within his shirt that had a Charizard shaped pendant. Taking it off he then inserted the pendant into a slot below the buttons, unlocking a small door that held more buttons inside a small compartment. Pushing one of the buttons the elevator began to move down.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:17 am
Tambrey was glad that the Luxray wasn't coming too. Being in an elevator with the electric type sounded perfectly like several personal nightmares.

She followed Seth wordless for a moment, until he produced the pendant and started pressing buttons on a secret panel.
"Huh. Batcave..." She muttered, and found herself wondering what else Rocket might have secretly squirreled away in otherwise innocuous buildings.
Though, she supposed she shouldn't have been all that surprised.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:48 am
Seth snorted at Tambrey's muttered words, "Yes, and I'm Batman."

The rest of the elevator ride went on in silence. When the door opened they would see a blank hallway leading to a single door. There was a small panel next to the door where he punched in a code and then had his retina scanned before gaining entrance.

"My father built this place for his... Secret projects," he explained to Tambrey. "I've turned it into my own private lab."

They would enter a large room that held a computer station with three large screens and terminals that could seat three people. There was also various equipment, tools, and work spaces with the contents neatly organized. Some of his past projects, such as his laser rifle, were stored here. There was also one large holding compartment that was sectioned off from the lab, large enough to contain his Lugia when not in a ball.

Walking to and sitting in front of the computer station, Seth plugged in the flash drive and quickly began to decode the contents. There was a disgruntled noise as he paused to squint at the screen then pulled out a pair of reading glasses.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:08 am
"Huh. You're not kidding..." Tambrey muttered, further, as, after the elevator ride, the door opened to reveal, first, a secure hallway, and then something that did look rather like a Batcave to her; there were large screens!

It was, for a scientist, quite an impressive space- even if she wasn't very clued up on tech, the equipment was envy-inducing, a little. Sure, she had access to some wonderful equipment, information and techniques at Rocket-held labs, but this was Seth's own, personal, set-up...

She began to feel an urge to touch stuff, but was professional and restrained enough not to.
Instead she followed him to the computer and hovered nearby, waiting for his comments.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:09 pm
With his glasses now on, he could more easily read the text on his screen as it was decoded.

There's was a snort of disapproval as he came across one of the ideas.

"Using Pokemon for security is ridiculous," he stated rather bluntly. "There's nothing more unreliable than living creatures, even if they have a chip in their brain. Too many things can go wrong."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:43 pm
Tambrey was broken out of her mental exploration of the room by the snort, and then blinked a little at the criticism of the idea...
It was blunt, but so far, this hadn't been as bad as she thought it could be; he hadn't shouted or anything, really.

"Um... Well, it's true there could be, um, issues, but we're pretty confident we can," What was that word? The nice, professional word for 'guess at what might go wrong and plan for it?' "anticipate... some of the more serious issues and, um, several of the countermeasures being considered are already there, on the, um, thingy."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff