Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:46 am
With the brainstorming meeting occurring just a few days previously, Tambrey had found herself busy trying to catalog just about every scrap of data she could from the labs to ensure they'd have a good record of every little detail she could imagine would be needed.
Thankfully, thanks to efforts previously- and in no small part due to Rory's dedication with her during the initial move- the genetic samples were rather well organised.
Once they had a proper list to work from, it would be a breeze to pick out and choose what they needed from them, at least.
Some of her time had also been spent scheduling meetings, and making sure preparations for future collaborations and production were in place... Access to equipment, she considered, was still a bit of an issue, but the agent was finding that there were quite a few appropriate work-arounds and options opening up either due to her new rank, or just the fact that there was a real project to work on.

Designers, on the tech side, as well as production, and the biological work, were absolutely indispensable to being collaborations with as soon as possible, and, as a certain chip held the promise of being a crucial part to more than a few aspects of the project, Tambrey found herself making her way into the current space assigned to that department.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:10 am
It would only have been a matter of time before a technology like this would become useful. Utilizing it on a much larger scale and this quickly however was going to be a very interesting project, if not a challenging one.

As she had begun work, the higher ups had made sure that she had everything she needed in developing and building the prototype chip for the job. Though this would have to be tested on eventually with the bio department. That science being completely above her.

Faleen sat at her work station with her legs crossed, and her fingers interlaced. a mug of coffee sitting at her table side, a safe distance away from the project she was building.
She had been working since early that morning, and was taking a moment to review what she had gone over already and make sure she was still progressing in the right direction.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:40 pm
Tambrey paused, clutching a few folders, as she entered, then, spotting Faleen, approached.
She stopped a small distance away- the disciplines of pokémon biology, she suspected, weren't too different from some tech', and startling someone working on something volatile, like, for instance, fire type cells, or explosive biological components wouldn't be a good idea for anyone, thus, unsure of what -exactly- Faleen was working on, Tambrey stopped and coughed gently to announce herself from the small distance, smiling a greeting.

As Faleen was unfamiliar with biology, Tambrey was a little bit lost with tech; everything looked interesting- and she thought she could make an educated guess at a few processes certain things would be for- but she couldn't imagine trying to build most of anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:38 am
So focused on her work, Faleen wasn't even aware of someone entering until the soft caught, even then the only indication that she heard it was a light inline of her head to the side while she finished up what she was doing to allow her to look up.

"Agent Tambrey." Faleen said in greeting, arching her eyesbrows and placing the tools down as she pushed herself to her feet and walked over to shake her fellow Agent's hand.
"What can I help you with?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:25 pm
"Um. Hello. Agent Faleen." Tambrey smiled, extending her hand to meet, and shake, Faleen's offered on.
"I hope I'm not interrupting something really vital? I just thought it would be a good idea to bring these," She tapped the folders she held "and, um, talk a bit about the, uh, well, I don't really have a name for it, should we have a codename for it? The whole 'chip-in-the-pokémon' thing..." She shrugged a little.
"It seemed a good idea to get some discussion done... I, uh, I know very little tech, but I know neural pathways and cell division; not bad at DNA... stuff." That was probably obvious with most bio-workers, with all the cloning that went on, but she tagged it on the end anyway. "So I thought it would be mutually beneficial to talk a bit?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:02 pm
"Not at all Agent." Faleen reasured, glancing back toward the project she had been working on, then moved her hazel eyes back to Tambrey. "If it was I would have certainly told you so." she pointed out with a polite smile.

As Tambrey motioned to the folders, Faleen's eyes glanced to them in intriguer.
"For the new severance project?" She repeated, half smiling at the other Agent's make shift name for the project and reaching out to accept the folders "May I?"

"I've got the tech side covered," Faleen reassured "though I am equally grateful you've got the biology of this project under your thumb, I certainly don't pretend to know anything when it comes to that department. that being said, I'm more then confident that this project should not continue further without a thorough communication between the departments."
Faleen stepped to the side and gestured with a hand to further invite Tambrey in. "If you would like to take a seat" she offered, indicating to a small table set up in the center of the room. "We can see where we are so far."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:19 pm
"Oh... I guess so." Tambrey nodded. She would have, of course, but still. She eyed the project with interest, wondering what it might be, but then returned her attention to the subject, nodding enthusiastically as she offered the folders out, nodding.

"It's um, data on what we need, basically... I am glad for your expertise with this, and the chip making it possible... I mean, this is the very basic data-like the pokémon we have to choose from in the area- but I don't have any kind of tech' spec's for species yet or anything... I am hoping you'll have an idea of the kind of things that might... uh, cause an issue for the chips?"
She smiled, taking a seat as bid, and folding her hands on the table top.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:02 pm
Faleen took her seat as well, reading the notes on the project so far, though her eyes would drift up as Tambrey spoke, to show that agent that she was still listening to the Agent.

A thoughtful crease worked into Faleen's brow as she considered the last question,
"Its a little difficult to say at this time, at least not until we start having fictional experiments to run to see how the chips would function with the subjects." Placing the file flat onto the table and pressing a gloved finger to the list they had of possible pokemont hat they would be using for the project.
"Is this list finalized?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:04 am
"Uh... Well, yes and no? These are pokémon in the area minus anything really really obviously problematic... Y'know, like bug types. They might, uh, get eaten. I had a few thoughts on that but... well, that's probably something for experimenting with after the actual system has been in place for a while and proven... Um. A few ideas. I'll probably want to ask a lot of questions about them sometime later..."
Tambrey paused, smiled and then gestured at the folders.
"So. No. Not really finalized. Sort of 'trimmed'. Sort of needs... more trimming? Basically anything that looks super suitable on that list. I highlighted a couple but... Yeah. Basically we need to finalize the list. Properly."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:44 pm
Faleen nodded to show she understood, "Well, ideally what I would like is to have a couple of the potential choices so we can start the experimental process of them as soon as possible." she said, glancing over to Tambrey as she spoke before she took pushed herself to her feet, gray boots carrying the Agent to a desk that held a number of paperwork on it.

"A forest surveillance is going to be different from a desert, but I suspect the basics are still covered, such as ground and air watch." When Faleen returned, she placed a map on the table, with marks where she had indicated where the base would be, and the aria that they would be covering surveillance .
"Though we'll be adding water too it seems." she noted thoughtfully.
"Just go give me a starting point, I would like to pick at least the most likely candidates for the chip experiment, what are your opinions?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:56 pm
"Agreed." Tambrey nodded. That was sensible, and... well, necessary really.
She followed as Faleen moved, grinning as she couldn't help but jokingly, but legitimately, add;
"A lot more trees. Maybe aipoms would be good? Kidding, of course; they're not even on that list. Little too... tricky..."
The science-agent was thoughtful for a moment, giving it a proper consideration.
"Well... Given the trees, the habitat... And going by our shortlist... I rather like the Pidgey family for it. I might be a bit biased- I've had a Pidgeotto for a very long time now and she's very reliable in habits and I'm very familiar with that genetic structure and biological system; I feel they might be a very good candidate... That would cover one of our airbourne quotas, too... At least in the day time."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:14 pm
"I'll admit when it comes to pokemon I'm not known for being very familiar with the different breeds." She explained "So I leave that to your expertise."
putting her hands on the table, Faleen looked back to Tambrey with a soft return of a smile at the women's joking tone. "My experience and expertise, if you want to call it as such lies with Dark types... and fairly exclusively so."
She placed a finger on one of the pokemon on the list. The water types for the lake, where Carvanha was between other kinds. "I could place recommendation in that one there, though I will admit on partly a bias of my own. I know how they work." she said with a smile. "If we know how to use them, might as well use them, I say." She offered in response to the scientists own admittance to her bias.

But so far the recommendation it Pidgey, so Faleen took a moment to bring up what information she could of them on her Rocket dex.
"Very common it looks like, they are a group pokemon, and it looks like it would help cover our air space." She noted allowed to herself, repeating and agreeing with the assessment the other Agent gave of them.
Hazel eyes lifted from the screen and to the other women.
"Do you have an option for the night?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:35 pm
"I.. have some experience, being in the labs, but it really is more 'how they work' than how to train them... Which, to be honest, I suppose is basically what we need anyway, right? Um. Carvanha sounds good; they live in shoals and such; aquatic networking in their very biology..."

Tambrey smiled.
"Pretty useful for keeping people 'out' of somewhere if -really- needed, too. Uh. Pidgey... A nocturnal Pidgey equivalent.. Hrm. Nocturnal... OH! Noctowl! Or, rather, um, Hoothoot. They'd be the best nocturnal choice, I think? It wouldn't be any surprise to see a Hoothoot or two about a forest at night..."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:31 pm
"Thankfully so." Faleen commented, her eyebrows arching a little "I don't want to have to instruct the programers to program the natural traits of a Pokemon into the chip." Thankfully the pokemon would already have then, thus being much more believable.

At the mention of a nocturnal bird that would be a good candidate, Faleen twirled the stylus in her fingers, bringing up the information on a Hoothoot and its evolution.
"... Looks promising." She muttered in consideration.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:08 am
"Seems a /slightly/ less, um, 'noteworthy' choice than something like Murkrow or Skarmory," Two pokémon that Tambrey would rather like to have seen herself, or even owned, but a little notable for surveillance.

"As for ground... I guess we need, like the Carvanhas, pokémon with a natural disposition for networks like pairings and herds. There are a few good choices on that list, but well, some are a lot more 'studied' than others..."  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games