Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
What breed of dog are you? Not a quiz. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What dog are you most like.
  Companion
  Working
  Sport/game
  Watch/guard
  toy/show
  Other - explain
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:18 pm
So at work today one of the guys asked us what kind of dog we thing we are. (Not what we have owned, or like etc). Then we discussed if we agreed or not, or if others would fit better.

For me, I choose (and the others mostly agreed) the Akita.

"The bold and intelligent Akita shows unequaled loyalty to his family.

The Akita is a big, bold dog with a distinctly powerful appearance: a large head in contrast to small, triangular eyes; and a confident, rugged stance. The mere presence of a powerful Akita serves as a deterrent to most who would cause trouble.

This breed is renowned for unwavering loyalty to his owners, and he can be surprisingly sweet and affectionate with family members. Imagine a loving protector who will follow you from room to room, whose entire mission in life seems to be simply to serve you.

The Akita is courageous, a natural guardian of his family. Stubborn and willful, he won't back down from a challenge. He doesn't usually bark unless there is a good reason, but he is vocal, making amusing grunts, moans, and mumbles. Some owners says the Akita mutters under his breath and seems to be talking to himself, while others say the Akita offers his opinion on all matters, from how to load the dishwasher to when the children should be put to bed.

While these charming "talking" traits are exhibited to family, the Akita is often aloof and silent with visitors. He's naturally wary of strangers, though he will be welcoming enough to a houseguest as long as his owners are home."

Akitas are intelligent, loyal dogs. Who will do anything for those they care about, and will generally be wary of strangers but will give them a chance especially if around people they know. They will not turn down a challenge even to the point of potentially hurting themselves. Balanced in downtime and uptime, but can do really physical things during uptime.

Pretty much is me. So what breed do you think you would be? http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds will give you some categories of breeds and behaviours. If you know what you are, check it and see if it matches. Then post your breed and share the personality profile.

*Note sure we are mostly mutts probally, looking for a specific breed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:50 pm
I'm too cat to be dog  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:11 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
I'm too cat to be dog

There are many breeds of dogs described as having cat traits.

http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/10-dog-breeds-act-cats-205300325.html

http://www.pet360.com/slideshow/dog/behavior-and-training/10-most-cat-like-dog-breeds/3/UbOFTlIUi0aKW47iYFfb8g

If you dont think you can find one that meets most of the reasons you like cats. Then you havent really looked deeply into breeds.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:37 pm
Sagebomb
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
I'm too cat to be dog

There are many breeds of dogs described as having cat traits.

http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/10-dog-breeds-act-cats-205300325.html

http://www.pet360.com/slideshow/dog/behavior-and-training/10-most-cat-like-dog-breeds/3/UbOFTlIUi0aKW47iYFfb8g

If you dont think you can find one that meets most of the reasons you like cats. Then you havent really looked deeply into breeds.
so we're completely ignoring the fact that I don't like dogs for the purpose of this
Basenji  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:43 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
so we're completely ignoring the fact that I don't like dogs for the purpose of this
Basenji

I dont know any reasons you could not like all breeds, since there are so many breeds which are complete opposites. Unless its just some general thing, like not liking meat.

Basenjis are really awesome dogs. My dad kinda wanted to get one at some point. Do you know much about them?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:08 pm
Sagebomb
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
Basenji

I dont know any reasons you could not like all breeds, since there are so many breeds which are complete opposites. Unless its just some general thing, like not liking meat.

Basenjis are really awesome dogs. My dad kinda wanted to get one at some point. Do you know much about them?
dogs require more care than cats, so yeah, it's more general
Cats: train litter box, show litter box location, show food location, and with the occasional vet checkup, that's all they need. Of course, litter, cat food, the whole shebang with them is probably more expensive than dogs, but I've yet to see a cat obedience school/program

Other than the blurb, no  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:17 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
Cats: train litter box, show litter box location, show food location, and with the occasional vet checkup, that's all they need. Of course, litter, cat food, the whole shebang with them is probably more expensive than dogs, but I've yet to see a cat obedience school/program

Other than the blurb, no

Dogs learn from thier pack (family) bad habits are learnt quickly from them. Obediance training is generally needed to cover learnt habbits or to teach your dog to do cool stuff, and how to act in public. You cant take your cat out in public, or train them to do anything really.

Taking a cat to a school, is like taking a coma patient to school, chances are nothing will go in. Although we cant be 100% sure.

A dog wants to please you, a dog always looks up to the pack leader...unless you messed up and let the dog be the leader (which is when obediance issues usually happen). A dog wants to learn and do what you do. A cat dosent care.

Most dogs are house trained easy enough, and you can train them to go in the same spot and such just like you would a cat.

Also there are plenty of cat breeds which need ALOT of grooming, care, and attention. Like I would like a Ashera or Savannah cat or similar and those guys require a lot more care than even most dogs.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:21 pm
Sagebomb
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Other than the blurb, no

Dogs learn from thier pack (family) bad habits are learnt quickly from them. Obediance training is generally needed to cover learnt habbits or to teach your dog to do cool stuff, and how to act in public. You cant take your cat out in public, or train them to do anything really.

Taking a cat to a school, is like taking a coma patient to school, chances are nothing will go in. Although we cant be 100% sure.

A dog wants to please you, a dog always looks up to the pack leader...unless you messed up and let the dog be the leader (which is when obediance issues usually happen). A dog wants to learn and do what you do. A cat dosent care.

Most dogs are house trained easy enough, and you can train them to go in the same spot and such just like you would a cat.

Also there are plenty of cat breeds which need ALOT of grooming, care, and attention. Like I would like a Ashera or Savannah cat or similar and those guys require a lot more care than even most dogs.
dunno, my sister's cat thinks that she's a dog. Right up to running up to the door and barking (or in her case, meowing). And they have to be litter box trained if they're gonna be indoors even part of the time
And most people around here have domestic shorthair cats anyway  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:28 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
dunno, my sister's cat thinks that she's a dog. Right up to running up to the door and barking (or in her case, meowing). And they have to be litter box trained if they're gonna be indoors even part of the time

So then you somewhat agree there probally a dog or cat suited to most people. I believe there is enought variety in both for dog lovers to find a good cat, or cat lovers to find a good dog. There is a lot of behavioural cross overs. Asheras and many other larger domesticated cats can be trained to walk on a leash.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:15 pm
Sagebomb
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

So then you somewhat agree there probally a dog or cat suited to most people. I believe there is enought variety in both for dog lovers to find a good cat, or cat lovers to find a good dog. There is a lot of behavioural cross overs. Asheras and many other larger domesticated cats can be trained to walk on a leash.
pet/companion would be a better word choice. Someone's best pet might be a parrot, or a furret
For some, it might be another human aka a relationship  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:26 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
pet/companion would be a better word choice. Someone's best pet might be a parrot, or a furret

Dunno I would say there is a cat or dog suited to most situations or people. I wouldnt say there is a bird or ferrit that would fit most people or situations. Sure there is a lot of variety in birds, but generally there is a lot more limits to what you can do with them compared to cats or dogs. There is much less differences in breeds when it comes to ferrets. Which pretty much means you are either a ferret person or not.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:13 pm
Sagebomb
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Dunno I would say there is a cat or dog suited to most situations or people. I wouldnt say there is a bird or ferrit that would fit most people or situations. Sure there is a lot of variety in birds, but generally there is a lot more limits to what you can do with them compared to cats or dogs. There is much less differences in breeds when it comes to ferrets. Which pretty much means you are either a ferret person or not.
i know a ferret person. They had to get rid of their ferrets because of money restraints and a smaller apartment
But I'll agree that there's a canine and/or feline for everyone  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:46 am
There was an episode of Parks and Recreation where a group of the characters tried to identify everyone's spirit dog. I honestly have no idea what I would be since I don't really know enough about any particular breed of dog.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:23 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
i know a ferret person. They had to get rid of their ferrets because of money restraints and a smaller apartment
But I'll agree that there's a canine and/or feline for everyone

I feel like you are reading what I am saying backwards. Im not saying noone likes ferrets. I have worked with a couple amazing ferrets over the years. We also have a person in this guild who loves ferrets. What I was saying is no matter who you are you could probally find a dog of the right level of energy, size, temperment, interllect etc to match you. By the opposite standard, you are limited to about 12 types of ferrets you can get which are mainly only color morphs of each other. The world canine organisation recognises over 330 breeds of dogs (ignoring mutts and mixes, or most colour variations) which would take it much much higher.

XD cool cool. I mean if we were just talking animals we like, then well I would have hundreds  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:24 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
There was an episode of Parks and Recreation where a group of the characters tried to identify everyone's spirit dog. I honestly have no idea what I would be since I don't really know enough about any particular breed of dog.

Thats fair enough, I have like a top 25 fave dog breeds, but pretty sure I know the basics of at least over 100.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff