do you have dog
  yes i have dog
  no i do not have dog
  ******** dogs
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:24 pm
Okay, so I brought up this idea in the Spam Can yesterday and didn't get ignored so I think there might actually be some interest! Those of us who still come to the cult after all these years have "known" each other for so long, but most of us have never hung out in person. Does this bother you? If so, maybe you'd like to take a vacation at a cottage somewhere together as a sort of Cult Con! We could all play Nintendo games and roast marshmallows and hot dogs (veggie ones for Kegan) at a campfire and go swimming. It would be very relaxing!

First, we need to gauge the interest and get a general idea of whether this could actually happen or not. Please fill out the following survey!

1) ARE YOU INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING? IF YES, CONTINUE. IF NO, PLEASE JUST POST THAT YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED:

2) WOULD YOU BE OKAY WITH THIS TAKING PLACE SOMEWHERE IN THE STATE OF VIRGINIA (WHERE THE MAJORITY LIVE)?:

3) WOULD YOU MIND SPLITTING THE COTTAGE RENT WITH EVERYONE ELSE? (IT WILL LIKELY BE SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 200-300 A DAY...):

4) FOR HOW MANY DAYS DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD STAY TOGETHER?

5) WHEN WOULD BE AN IDEAL TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE A VACATION? PLEASE LET IT BE IN A WARMER MONTH OH GOD. ALSO PLEASE SPECIFY WHETHER YOU'D PREFER 2014 OR 2015:

6) WHICH TRANSPORTATION METHOD(S) DO YOU ENVISION YOURSELF USING TO GET THERE?

7) IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU'D LIKE TO ASK OR SUGGEST?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:29 pm
1) ARE YOU INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING? IF YES, CONTINUE. IF NO, PLEASE JUST POST THAT YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED:
Yes.

2) WOULD YOU BE OKAY WITH THIS TAKING PLACE SOMEWHERE IN THE STATE OF VIRGINIA (WHERE THE MAJORITY LIVE)?:
Yes.

3) WOULD YOU MIND SPLITTING THE COTTAGE RENT WITH EVERYONE ELSE? (IT WILL LIKELY BE SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 200-300 A DAY...):
I would certainly try my best.

4) FOR HOW MANY DAYS DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD STAY TOGETHER?
Four. For some reason. But that might be too expensive so maybe just a weekend? We'll see.

5) WHEN WOULD BE AN IDEAL TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE A VACATION? PLEASE LET IT BE IN A WARMER MONTH OH GOD. ALSO PLEASE SPECIFY WHETHER YOU'D PREFER 2014 OR 2015:
End of August 2014, or like anytime in spring-summer 2015 probably

6) WHICH TRANSPORTATION METHOD(S) DO YOU ENVISION YOURSELF USING TO GET THERE?
Airplane, then hitch a ride.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:05 pm
I think if you plan something like this in a public place, you're begging for creepers.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:13 pm
CREEPERS NOT ALLOWED

This thread is just to gauge interest... not to plan the entire thing.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:18 pm
You should make it more clear that you're not soliciting people under 18 to come hang out with you, cause then you'd be the creeper.

I don't think anyone that's been here since 07 and before is that young, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:28 pm
No one under 18 allowed. We're having an adults-only orgy fest.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:51 pm
Sounds awful! gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:07 am
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. That's fine
4. 1-2 weeks?? We did ours for a week.
5. July, August, possibly early June or late May
6. 2014 works, not sure about '15 yet.
7. Plane.
8. How is public transit in VA? Could anyone provide a car? I would help pay for gas. =w=;  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 am
Seriously, though. Meeting at an event would be better.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm
I'll go ahead and second Kegan on this. If we want to plan some sort of group get together, it might be best to have it overlap with some bigger event. Or plan it for somewhere else where we can also see the local sights (aim for New York for Nintendo World?). A cottage somewhere in Virginia isn't awful, but we'll need breaks from games and the only option at that point being hanging out in or around the cabin sounds terrible.

I don't know that I could commit to this year. Summer I'll either be busy with classes or job hunting, and ideally I'll be busy working after that for the rest of the year. Also lack of funds. Summer 2015 might work out, though.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:57 pm
New York City is like THE most expensive, though. Omg ILI HOW did you guys do a whole week?! You all must have had a play to stay for free. Which I don't know would be possible for all of us anywhere, sadly... We all live so far from one another. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:18 pm
16-bit Jazzy
New York City is like THE most expensive, though.

That was an example. I'd be fine with another city or state; the idea is more to have nearby places to visit as well.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:20 pm
It would be fun to go to a con together. However, they are also very expensive.

At PAX East, Fish and I were together the whole time and one of his friends was with us for most but not all of it, and then his other friend was there too but he spent the majority of his time off on his own, I think.

That was a four-person group, originally. This would be a bigger group with varying interests and while we'd meet, I feel like we'd get separated a lot and that would sorta suck... but not... but it would...

Not to mention, we had two hotel rooms between the four of us. As was mentioned earlier, you guys probably aren't going to want to be sharing beds to split hotel costs... sweatdrop

SHOULD WE JUST GIVE UP.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:05 am
I'd definently go whenever its hosted. but money is a bit of an issue on my end, i dig camping and s**t though, oregon is great for it. but yeah it'd be a plane ticket for me, a ride from someone after that and thats providing i got the 600$ or so to make it all happen.  

Xilo The Odd

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:18 am
1. Yes
2. Yes if it is in 2015
3. Yes
4. depends
5. summer
6. most likely car.
7. We should all go to a Con or a Pax instead and spring for hotel rooms. A lot of SomethingAwful members did this last year and this year. Most of them went to Pax East.

Also if somehow people want to travel to Texas, we could go to Anime Matsuri 2015 here in Houston and do Clut stuff while we're together.
This is the 2014 one: http://animematsuri.com/  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces