Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
~dances all over the place with the utmost of happiness~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HEY LOOK IT'S A POLL.
  woot.
View Results

Kitty Seirei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:36 am
I just got married yesterday! =D

We didn't have a ceremony since it is just sooo expensive and we are struggling to just rent a house but we wanted to be married so we went and did the legal stuff yesterday and are now legally married biggrin

Sadly I do not have his last name just yet man we went on an adventure. What a pain the government is. So we had to go to the county clerk's office to get the license/certificate. Then she's like ok now you have to go to the Social Security Office which is like 8 blocks away if you want to change your last name (pretty sure that is going to cost us too in addition to the $30 it costs to get married, which you know isn't so bad since in Pennsylvania where I come from it costs $84!!!)

So anyway we get lost walking to the social security office and thankfully I have a new smart phone so yay google maps we made it there finally. We walk in, the lobby is so full with people waiting there are close to no chairs to sit. We take one look at that and LOL and walk out.......

So ya ... and we also have to go to the DMV after the social security crap is taken care of what a pain.

I always thought you know you got married then poof you have their last name hahaha  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:49 am
I know. It's crazy how much thins you have to go through when you get married.

My sister is getting married in May. And on top of the they're trying to get a new house. x.x So there's going to be a lot paper work and money spending for her this year.

Anyways! Congratulation on getting married. Best wishes for you two!  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Akoti

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:25 pm
I hope you have a great life together, and congratulations smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:56 pm
Congrats, and yeah there definitly is a lot of paperwork since marriage has a lot of laws which changes legal obligations in so many situations.

The name thing is kinda complicated as well because some people choose to keep thier name, some hyphenate, some may merge, though generally the guys last name is the main tradition,

I hope you guys have many decades of happiness togather  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

tigerangel04

Faithful Wife

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:25 pm
A slightly belated Congrats!!
I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.
My husband and I got married at our town courthouse. We have been married for
2 1/2 years now.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces