Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:51 pm
It had been a little while, and a whole different rank, since Tambrey had met, and recruited, Riley, and the Agent felt it was rather her duty- as well as just being a nice thing- to catch up with said recruit.

Developments in certain projects, too, were leading her to realise that talking to somebody with experience in adaptable DNA would be a useful exercise, and Riley's work with Eevees had sprung to mind.
It wasn't difficult to manipulate traits, to create new individuals of pokémon, but the process could certain benefit from anything that would lead to a more effective production.

Her motives, then, were both business and the pleasure of catching up with a friend. It was rather pleasant to be able to do both..  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:21 am
Riley's life had changed quite drastically in the past few months, though not everything had been for the worse. She had gone from being around so few people to being around so many all at once that it was sometimes overwhelming... but still so very curious to her. She had made friends within the ranks of Team Rocket, something she never had thought she might accomplish, given the organization's reputation; she had only wanted to work in the labs, afterall, and you never really heard about those agents. People had been much kinder than she had imagined.

Her days were much busier now, but on occasion--as often as she could, really, when she didn't think it would bother the other woman-- the girl would seek out guidance and company, looking to Tambrey for both. In an odd way, she supposed, it was like gaining a 'big sister' in a very, very strange sorority or sorts. Or something.

Today was one such occasion, and once she was finished with her duties, the young woman wandered the base, keen on running into her friend to talk about the newest developments in their current projects--or at least, what she was allowed to know. Molly followed close behind her, content and at ease as she, too, looked around.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:06 am
"Well. That's lucky." Tambrey's voice came from behind Riley, as the agent, having wandered around a little way, had returned to find the fellow Rocket, apparently, looking for her... or, at least, someone in the labs.

"I was just having a look around for you." She smiled, and gestured for Riley to follow as she went to take a seat at one of the tables she'd acquired for the moment- it wasn't a perfect lab-surface, but it was good enough for the basics she needed to get some work done.
"How're you two?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:33 pm
The girl jumped a little as she was spoken to, then turned around quickly, a smile breaking across her face. "Oh, hello! I was just looking for you, too, actually!" she laughed, smiling as Molly enthusiastically jumped forward to greet the woman. Riley followed Tambrey to the table she had chosen and took a seat across from her, straightening out the top of her uniform. "We've been okay, just... doing new people things, I guess. How are you?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 am
The agent grinned as Molly jumped forward, and stooped, crouching to greet the Eeveelution with a quick, soft, petting, before moving to sit at the table herself.
"New people things?" Tambrey queried, curious, though with a rather good idea of the meaning. "Uh. Good. Busy, but in a more interesting way than I was before." She gestured at a few files, with graphs and microscope photography peeking out. "New projects."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:09 pm
Riley grinned, then extended a hand toward the leafeon as she returned to her side and laid her head in the girl's lap, content with being petted while the two talked. "Oh, you know," she shrugged, blushing. "Just... sweeping and mopping and...training." A pause, then a smile she was clearly too excited to contain. "Watching after some of the pokemon has proved interesting, though... They, um... let me keep one! Do you want to meet her? She's very shy and...very young, but I think she would like you..."

The gesture to the files drew her attention quickly, and she tilted her head, large eyes filled with excitement once more. "Oh! Well, at least it isn't boring stuff, right? I'm I allowed to see...?" The data was terribly tempting, even if it only showed a blurry corner and a few lines...  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:13 pm
"It gets better than that. More interesting, promise." Tambrey rattled off, before tilting her head, and showing interest as the girl before her seemed excited over a new pokémon.

"Oh? Yes, please, I would. As long as, uh, she's not an Onyx or something. Little bit cramped in here as it is." Tambrey was half-joking, but any larger pokémon would probably make the place more than a little uncomfortable.
She was fairly confident it wouldn't be though, and that Riley wouldn't be talking about a meeting if it was something too big for the room.

"And... Yes." Tambrey nodded. "It's hardly a secret, among the team, now, about some of our projects, after that meeting... In fact, you taking a look could be rather useful. Adaptability and genetics could be a pretty important factor of one of the biological parts of a certain project. We can tamper and clone for the traits we need, but someone who knows adaptable genetics well," She looked pointedly toward Molly for a moment "is someone I wouldn't mind double checking some of the work I've got..."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:26 pm
Riley smiled at Tambrey's assurance and nodded, pulling her shoulders in for a small shrug. She was sure it would get better eventually, and it was very honestly interesting enough to live around people again. A heavy weight still lay across her shoulders from the initial decision, but things hadn't been too horrid... and there was still the promise of working in a lab.

She laughed softly when Tam agreed to meet her new friend, shaking her head, but listening to the rest of the woman's words as she reached for the ball at her side, lifting her eyes a moment to offer an even brighter smile as the agent continued on and mentioned 'double checking' things for her. The reference to Molly wasn't missed and her cheeks flushed. Though she second guessed it a time or two (or three), she was sure the woman was referring to her.

Which made her new pokemon all the more exciting.

With a smile, she lifted the ball. "I would love to look it over!" she said, though she was sure her enthusiasm was a bit much as it was. "Maybe Mia can help..." she added, releasing the pokemon from the ball.

In a flash of light, an obviously young pokemon appeared, its ribbons wrapping around itself immediately as it was released and its eyes wide and blinking as it looked around, shivering a bit. Molly's ears perked immediately, and she offered a soft coo of encouragement, her tail wagging the slightest bit. The younger rocket reached out a gentle hand, to which the sylveon quickly moved, tucking her ears back as she curled against the girl's legs.

Riley brushed her palm across the pokemon's ears. "Hey, it's okay... Tambrey is a friend, Mia..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:24 am
"Cute name." Tambrey smiled, but looked intrigued- a pokémon that might help with genetic studies? That was interesting... and she saw what Riley meant as Mia appeared.
"Oh wow! Hello there!" She smiled at the Fairy type, before continuing talking to Riley.
"A Sylveon! Very cool, and I see what you mean; very worth studying. Um. I'll let you have a copy of what I'm allowed to give you. Might make for tedious reading in some places, but there's enough data and some sequences to pour over for interest."
She watched Mia, still smiling.
"Is it all right if I try to pet her? She seems very comfortable with you, at least."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:10 pm
"Thank you," Riley smiled, still stroking the timid pokemon's head. When addressed, the Sylveon shied further, watching Tambrey with big blue eyes, unsure of whether or not to trust her. The girl she had been with seemed to like her though... And she didn't seem unfriendly, like some in the metal room had been...

Riley smiled at the offer once more, though her attention and concern was--for now-- clearly focused on the eeveelution. She nodded at Tam's request. "Of course! She's a sweetheart... she's just... too young, I think, to have evolved, and the atmosphere is a bit...tense. I got to play with her a bit as an eevee for the past week or so, and then I came back and they had evolved her..." She wasn't entirely sure if the eevee had been bred or stolen... but she did know she felt an odd sense of responsibility for it, and couldn't have been more delighted when they had allowed her to keep it.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:52 pm
"We are... somewhat unfamiliar with fairy types. In a pure, recognisable form, anyway. Sylveon's probably one of the clearest... examples of fairy type biology we could possibly examine- a direct type mutant from Normal..." Tambrey mused. "I suspect she was evolved for that reason... Probably a little too young," The agent agreed, but watched the type curiously "but with proper training, she could be quite a strong little thing; they're dragon-slayers, after all." It was a bit of a joke, but with an undertone of serious, truthful, information.

"This little guy is probably one of the friendliest pokémon I know... So..."
The agent was reaching for a ball of her own, deciding that, perhaps, one of her own pokémon would serve a better ambassador for herself than herself...
Tarana, her little black, white, and pink Chingling appeared with a gleeful little chime of his bell.
"Mia, Tarana; Tarana, Mia." She 'introduced' them.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:01 am
Riley nodded. "Yeah... like a pureblood Fairy, or something," she agreed, tapping her knee and looking at the little pink thing. The sylveon, though it had been watching Tam, looked up to her, then hopped up to place both paws on her leg, before looking over to the new pokemon that had been released. She tipped her head at the sound it made, intrigued.

"Dragon slayers...?" she inquired. "I think I remember them saying something about type advantages, but I wasn't exactly 'in the loop' with the scientists, and she's only just been evolved, so I haven't been able to test it at all."

Molly smiled and took a seat next to the Sylveon on the floor, urging the younger eeveelution to turn her attention to the Chingling.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:29 am
Tambrey nodded.
"I haven't, obviously, had time to test it myself, or even a chance to, really, but all the documentation I've seen indicates they have quite a type advantage over the dragon type. I bet Mia's DNA must be very intriguing. They probably took samples already... Probably best she just gets to play and relax for a few days but I'd be very interested in seeing her in training one day if that would be okay?"

The Chingling gave a happy little tinkling noise- probably a greeting- and turned a huge smile toward the two evolutions, before hopping from one foot to the other in a strange little dance in front of them, it's little bell tinkling along.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:54 pm
Riley nodded; she had heard the same. Her shoulders curled into another shrug. "I didn't get to see any samples, unfortunately. I don't think I'm ranked high enough yet..." she explained with a quiet pout. At least she had the pokemon. The request to see her train was met with another, more enthusiastic nod. "Sure! Actually, I've never really trained pokemon before," she admitted. "Molly and I have never really had any reason to fight much, though we worked enough to teach her a few moves when mom died...Just for security stuff." Her cheeks pinked a bit. "M-Maybe you could help us?" The sylveon needed to at least be able to stand /some/ chance.

Molly continued to smile and turned her head to nuzzle the sylveon's head once, nodding encouragingly as the Sylveon settled onto the ground again and turned her full attention to the new pokemon, her head tipped in confusion and curiosity before she tentatively stuck out her nose to sniff at the little dancer tentatively, her body tense and ready to retreat immediately if needed.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:14 pm
"Hrm. Maybe not. But that'll change faster than you know... Besides, I don't think a Sylveon's DNA profile would be particularly classified just to look at. Pokécenters could do it for the public easily enough if they wanted to... Unless there's something particularly unusual... Maybe we'll find a computer in while and see if we can have a look at the DNA data."

Tambrey smiled.
"Sure, I'd love to. Though I'm not sure how entirely useful I'll be, but I'm happy to help. I have a couple of types that I know fairies are supposed to have a disadvantage against, so maybe we'll stay away from those... But little Tarana there could certainly do with some training himself, and Palu's 'an old hat', to be honest, at helping train others now... I'm sure those two would make a pretty good team for her to practice against..."

Tarana giggled and jingled as he fell back, sitting, as the Sylveon sniffed at him, before giving a huge smile and reached to try and gently hug the fairy type's nose.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff