Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Favourite card?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vivaldi Vanitas

Interesting Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:26 am
Hi Everyone!!

Because I'm more of a collector than a Duelist I thought: let's ask everyone's favourite card! (aside from the fact I have nothing else to do. Stupid time differences sometimes).

So, my favourite card (picture wise, not because of the effect) is: St. Joan.

Alas, she actually has to share the first spot with a few more (Soul of Purity and Light + Dharc the Dark Charmer and many, many more) but St. Joan has been my favourite since I got that card in my hands. She is beautiful, regal and I don't know. I just love that card.

And also, because I don't want to spam old posts, I shall also give you my favourite character: Yami Yugi from Season 0 until the very end. But a little bit more from season 0 as he is just plain dark in those eps. Plus another thing from me: I am a Monarchshipping fan. Yup, that's right. Yami has to share his number one spot with Atemu. (And no, I will not go into discussion about the name. I have done that once, ended horribly).

Anyway, I can't wait to read everyone's favourite card!! heart

-Vivaldi  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:43 am
Mine is Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon  

Misty_Wheeler_Kaiba

Devoted Wife

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:16 pm
What time zone are you in Viv? I'm from the US (in the Pacific Time Zone) but currently am living in the UK (GMT), so can definitely relate to annoyance with time zones.

My favourite card is probably the Dark Magician Girl, followed by the Dark Magician. Though the other miscellaneous cards I might be fond of escape my memory atm, it's been awhile since I've really paid attention to the cards.

My favourite character is Seto if I hadn't said on the welcome thread, he's pretty much always had the number one spot for me. I'm currently in a Puppyshipping roleplay, though funny enough until I started it it hadn't necessarily been something I was into. My favourite used to be Prideshipping but that has long since faded. I honestly have slipped away from ship love a bit, which now that I think about it makes me sad.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:00 am
My time zone is GMT +1. I live in the Netherlands, right next to the UK. I've been to the UK, amazing country. Lived there for about 10 months, amazing people too. I hope you have a good time.

And yes, I've read the puppyshipping roleplay, pretty neat how you guys do that. I've never really been into roleplaying-stuff, more the writer with fanfiction and stuff like that. But nowadays I still write and I don't post. It's not good enough anymore. hahahaha

@Misty_Wheeler_Kaiba: I can relate to your favourite card. Dragons are awesome. heart  

Vivaldi Vanitas

Interesting Citizen

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:36 am
Hey, I was just in the Netherlands over the Christmas break. I have to say I prefer it to the UK, though I've only been to Amsterdam and only twice. One thing I really love about being there is cycling, Birmingham is the most non-bike friendly place I think I've ever been to. The driver's are also terrible. Other than London I probably prefer everywhere else I've been in the UK over where I'm living, but for the most part I like my university and it's why I've been here for about 3 years now.

I think that roleplay is the first one that's really lasted for me. It's the only one I've ever done with one person vs with a group, and group ones are always problematic in terms of people dropping out or not being on very often. They were fun but always fell apart so I don't know if I'd seriously get involved in a major group roleplay again. I had ideas for lots of fanfics but I only ever wrote one and never finished it, university keeps getting in the way. In theory I do plan to finish it one day, but for now it sits there unloved. At least not that many people have read it so far as I can tell so I'm not disappointing many if any, at least I don't think I am. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:45 am
I know, bit late to still answer, but I totally forgot I actually had a thread open. xD

Anyway, most folks go to Amsterdam. It's the capital city, but not the most beautiful area. I've been to Amsterdam too and I hated it. There are more beautiful cities around, even though we're a tiny country.

And I love cycling too!! I've cycled in the UK and it was really scary, but here in the Netherlands it's amazing. You still have to be careful in certain situations, but we can get everywhere with just our bike.

I understand what you mean about multiple roleplay. I never do it, but I understand why it falls apart if certain people aren't around. It's a shame you've never been able to finish your previous roleplays, but at least you have a good one now. smile And I've been reading some parts of it and it is really good!!  

Vivaldi Vanitas

Interesting Citizen

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:48 am
Slow tends to be the running theme for this guild so no worries there. smile

Yea, the bf and I wanted to see more of the surrounding area but we had so much to do in the city alone. I do appreciate beautiful areas but travels seem to be structured more around well known areas, and Amsterdam is by far my favorite major city. But yes being able to get anywhere on a bike is definitely something that I really love about the Netherlands.

I've never instigated one but I've agreed to do them a few times and yea, sometimes it fell apart because people just couldn't be bothered but in my case it generally fell apart because of fights and drama (not on my end, but other people in these roleplays kept falling out). It's just not worth the hassle to get invested and like something and to have it just collapse. I'm glad you like the one now, I can never get a good sense of how apt I feel at roleplaying, but I'm enjoying it at least. That's the most important part right? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:12 pm
I like the XYZ-Dragon Cannon the most. I actually like it even more than the VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon. I have a thing for the machine type. I suppose that I like it more than VWXYZ because I think it's too cluttered and not as clean-cut as the XYZ-Dragon Cannon. It's pretty easy to summon and I like it's effect.  

Searchghost

Ruthless Ladykiller

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Vivaldi Vanitas

Interesting Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:32 am
Searchghost
I like the XYZ-Dragon Cannon the most. I actually like it even more than the VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon. I have a thing for the machine type. I suppose that I like it more than VWXYZ because I think it's too cluttered and not as clean-cut as the XYZ-Dragon Cannon. It's pretty easy to summon and I like it's effect.

I remember XYZ from my DS-game. It came in very useful every time again until I had collected other cards. Unfortunately the game is lost, but I loved to just knock everyone out with my XYZ combo's.

Oh, and on another note: Welcome to the guild. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:57 pm
I'd have to say that Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness is my favorite card. I love Spellcaster types usually, but Gorz and his effect just spoke to me in a way that most cards couldn't.  

Ghilani Surana

Hallowed Mystic

25,075 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

KizanOfTheSix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:55 pm
Mine is The Six Samurai Irou  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:49 pm
I'd have to say mine is any Red-Eyes card then again dragons are my thing, although if I was making a deck and had the card's it would mainly be effect which of corse the way I work is perfect with Red-Eyes not to menson how awsome it look's.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

RaiderBlader20

Demonic Lunatic

10,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

HakuZail

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:40 pm
the winged dragon of ra, relingished, winged kurribouh and change of heart smile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:52 pm
User Image

Not the greatest card in the World (effect wise), but I do enjoy the artwork. Personally, I find the artwork for all the Madolche monsters to be beautifully done. I mean, come on! They're freaking adorable, hah.

Astral Brujo

Shy Fairy

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces