Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:44 pm
Hi, Teddy here. (Again.)
Has anyone ever heard of / played any of the games in the Blazblue series?
There are three main games, and the second has like 5 different versions.
And they are:
BlazBlue; Calamity Trigger (first)
BlazBlue; Continuum Shift (second)
-BlazBlue; Continuum Shift II (another version of the second)
-BlazBlue; Continuum Shift Extend (another version of the second)
BlazBlue; Chronophantasma

There are also a couple of games which I'm guessing are either spin-offs or parodies?
I haven't played them though, so I wouldn't know.
(Actually, I haven't played Chronophantasma either, but I know that that one's cannon)

There is also an anime and a manga for the game, but I haven't watched/read any of it. But I know that the anime's called BlazBlue Alter Memory

They are games for the Xbox 360 and Playstation, I believe.
Actually, Chronophantasma is only for the Playstation 4, which is why I've yet to play it.

So:
Have you heard of the games?
Have you played any?
If so, who do you play?
Have you seen the anime?
Have you read the manga?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:35 pm
I've heard of it but i haven't played the games. they're also on the psp, psvita and 3ds. I might pick up a copy of the one for the 3ds.  

Untouchable Queen Saya
Crew

Cosmic Sex Symbol

29,950 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:45 pm
This game is new to me. Can you explain it in more detail? Like the plot for a start?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 am
Saya: Oh, I didn't know that.
I do remember that they used to be japanese arcade games .w.

Dee: Oh, sorry, meant to say something about that earlier sweatdrop
This is the Wikipedia entry for the first game (Sorry, not too good with describing plot without spoilers ^^"):
Before the events of the game, humanity was on the verge of extinction from a creature called the "Black Beast." The world was saved by six heroes who wielded magic. They helped humanity create "Ars Magus", a fusion of magic and science, to defeat the Black Beast. This event would be later known as the First War of Magic.
After the war, the Novus Orbis Librarium (also referred to as "The Library" or the "NOL") was created to govern the world with the use of Ars Magus. A great deal of dissent was caused by the Library, partly due to Ars Magus' use in nearly every facet of society, and the widening socioeconomic gap between those who could and couldn't use Ars Magus. This dissent would eventually form years later into the Second War of Magic or also known as the Ikaruga Civil War, when the city of Ikaruga openly rebelled against the NOL. Upon winning the war, the NOL imposed a harsher rule on the world, punishing any rebellion against the NOL with death.
In December A.D. 2199, several years after the Second War of Magic, a branch of the NOL was utterly destroyed by an SS-class rebel named "Ragna" also known as the "Grim Reaper", in an attempt to destroy the Librarium. The NOL, hoping to stop him, immediately announced the largest bounty ever, available to anyone who could capture him. Interestingly, Ragna possesses a powerful form of Ars Magus known as the "Azure Grimoire." This led the NOL, as well as the other fighters, to hunt Ragna not just for his bounty, but also his Azure Grimoire.

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:07 pm
???

All I got was the story line behind it, which its basically a war game.

But what I don't know is what is the object of the game?

Is it a "gotta catch em all" type like Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, and Pokemon?
Is it a role-playing type of game like the Legend of Zelda?
Or...
Is it like Street Fighter and KOF where its battle one on one to the death?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:17 pm
empress dee
???

Or...

It's a fighting game from the same people who made Guilty Gear. However, there's a big emphasis on story, and cutscenes are done in visual novel style.  

vader-lifer14

Overcharged Lunatic

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:44 am
empress dee
???

Or...

Sorry, you said plot so I thought that was what you meant.

Yes, it's a fighting game.
It's more like Street Fighter or KOF (from what I've heard about them, but I've never actually played them)
Vader's explanation is pretty good though sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:10 pm
From what you are telling me, if you are travelling with a cannon based character, then the game is like Legend of Zelda where is a role-playing game.

Street fighter and KOF is one on one fighting.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:32 pm
empress dee
From what you are telling me, if you are travelling with a cannon based character, then the game is like Legend of Zelda where is a role-playing game.

Street fighter and KOF is one on one fighting.

No, not like legend of Zelda. More like Street Fighter.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:39 pm
So, its a one on one fighting game then?  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:49 pm
empress dee
So, its a one on one fighting game then?

Yeah.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:51 pm
we can make a discussion thread for this in South town since it relates to a fighting type game similar to KOF, Streetfighter and Mortal Kombat if you want to.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:52 pm
empress dee
we can make a discussion thread for this in South town since it relates to a fighting type game similar to KOF, Streetfighter and Mortal Kombat if you want to.

Alright, sounds like fun.
Maybe since the new game is coming out soon, some people might want to discuss.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:20 am
Yeah, and that way too we may have a whole new line up of role-playing characters available to "play with" in this guild. See, my guild is supposed to be revolving around characters of anime...like its a galaxy of animated characters where they, through our writing styles, come to life.

The "planets" represent the areas in which certain anime is clumped together like Planet Marvelous is basically DC comics, Marvel comics (batman, superman, captain america...those guys) and topics being discussed or role-played about those characters.

Video Gaming HQ, this subforum is kind of like that scene from Wreck it Ralph where the video game characters are at some sort of terminal as if the games themselves are their jobs. I laughed at the scene where Ken offered to take Ryu out to dinner, and Ryu says, "As long as you're payin' buddy."

That is so like those two. Yeah, Ken's job in the real Renaissance Galaxy pays lots more than Ryu's job. Ryu is a professional fighter and he goes around the galaxy testing his skills against everyone he comes across.

Ken is a vital organs surgeon where he literally replaces dying vital organs and replaces them with bio-metallic parts that over the course of two weeks after surgery will adapt to the patient's natural blood stream. He also offers a resurrection service where it becomes more like an archeological thing more than a medical thing due to the fact that besides the medical genetic engineering bit, Ken's gotta get every single important detail about that one individual that has been asked to be brought back from the grave.

All careers in the Renaissance Galaxy are donation based. No real cost to anything unless they want to. That's freedom of trade in its true form. Since I am queen of that Galaxy, they have the choice of whether or not there is cost. On some planets, there is cost oh yeah. On others, everything is free.

Anyway, this particular game sounds like it could land a section in Southtown. Southtown isn't really a town in the Renaissance Galaxy. Its more like the Southern Continent. Everything in Southtown is divided into sides as if it were one gigantic city. There is a limits sign that was placed by the legendary hamsters of long, long ago indicating the extent in which Southtown or any of the four continents can build.

When its completely finished, Planet Hamster itself will appear something like Saturn. The ring is all developed land. The center is a transportation base. Underneath the ring, always, will be where the "underworld" is.

The underworld has many other names. Like...hell...the Home for infinite losers, Heneroshi's Island...its the place where the darkest side of me lives. My mirror self. She is completely opposite to how I am.

Lets just say, you do NOT want to meet that one.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

18. Video Gaming HQ - Video game discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas