Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Do you think I'm weird because...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sleep is...
  emo.
  cute.
  pathetic.
  weird.
View Results

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:41 pm
Do you think I'm weird because sometimes I get emotional (like teary-eyed) at the beginning, during, or mainly during the credits of an animated movie because I'm can't wait to start animating as a career after I graduate. xP  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:10 pm
nope  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:56 pm
Passion is a great thing, especially if you can become that you most enjoy.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:16 am
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
nope

4laugh

Sagebomb

Indeed it is. It's so weird though.
Like its just watching how the characters move and how some scenes making the audience react a certain way. I love it all. It's truly something I hope to achieve after I graduate in the spring.
Ever since I got myself involved in the world of animation anytime I go to see an animated movie I stay until the animators credit rolls through the screen to see how many people worked on it. I wish they got more credit like voice actors do.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:44 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
nope

4laugh

Sagebomb

Indeed it is. It's so weird though.
Like its just watching how the characters move and how some scenes making the audience react a certain way. I love it all. It's truly something I hope to achieve after I graduate in the spring.
Ever since I got myself involved in the world of animation anytime I go to see an animated movie I stay until the animators credit rolls through the screen to see how many people worked on it. I wish they got more credit like voice actors do.

True it takes a lot more than just showing something to get reactions, you have find ways to draw people in and make them feel what you want them to feel.. Dunno I feel its kinda like most people in any film really there are tonnes of people who man the cameras, grips, do the stunts, edit, research etc etc. Most of it you do to be a part of something, as opposed to getting fame.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:57 pm
Everyone is weird... In their own way.  

Lithium_Raven

Invisible Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Clambake 200

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:50 pm
heart That is awesome. I wish I was like then when I make graphics D:

p.s. I would love to see your portfolio work of your animation!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:35 am
Lithium_Raven
Everyone is weird... In their own way.

Very true.

I'm not ashamed of it. xP  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:42 am
AngelAmy

I use to never be like this though. It just started happening like a year ago. x.x
Maybe reality is hitting me now that I'm graduating in the spring.
I feel like any animation I watch now I analysis the crap out of it trying to remember technique and style.
I don't know if I should say it ruins my relaxation to just sit back and enjoy the film or that recognizing all the hard work makes me appreciate everything more.

Like when I went to Ottawa International Animation Festival last September I got to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 before it was released in theaters. And the directors had a Q&A afterwards. They said it took them almost a whole week sometimes to render one scene. That's crazy to me! And it weird to think I'm going to be part of this madness. x.x

(Sorry, I rambled!)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:58 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
They said it took them almost a whole week sometimes to render one scene. That's crazy to me! And it weird to think I'm going to be part of this madness. x.x

(Sorry, I rambled!)

Thats easily understandable, I know one of the major reasons gt5 was delayed by a few years was the director was a perfectionist and wanted it perfect, so each car had 2000+ hours put into it (which is over 6 months of man hours). Just to get to the prologue aka the sampler alone took over 320,000 man hours.

It takes that much when you want to get things right. Luckily as time goes on, and as computer programs get better and faster and rendering and able to predict and move with models we will be able to make things faster and crisper. A lot of animation is still only limited by computer power.

Of course dont forget those guys at weta workshop back in NZ

for Avatar

"47 hours of manpower per each 1/24th of a second in translating the data received from the motion-capture sensors"

Or ~1,100 hours per second of tranlated capture. Again luckily that time will go down, but takes a lot of skill and understanding of computer logic, which Im sure you are getting very deeply aquanted with.

Of course one of my fave brony fan animators usually spends 2 hours+ per second of background just on his fan work.

Good things take time.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:14 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
AngelAmy

I use to never be like this though. It just started happening like a year ago. x.x
Maybe reality is hitting me now that I'm graduating in the spring.
I feel like any animation I watch now I analysis the crap out of it trying to remember technique and style.
I don't know if I should say it ruins my relaxation to just sit back and enjoy the film or that recognizing all the hard work makes me appreciate everything more.

Like when I went to Ottawa International Animation Festival last September I got to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 before it was released in theaters. And the directors had a Q&A afterwards. They said it took them almost a whole week sometimes to render one scene. That's crazy to me! And it weird to think I'm going to be part of this madness. x.x

(Sorry, I rambled!)
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! That's so exciting :3 I hope you find awesomeness animation stuffs to do once you graduate. D: Ahhh! So excited, your gonna tear up so much :3  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:19 am
Definitely not weird.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200